1976 HONDA ACCORD CVCC 1st Year 1 Family Owned Low Miles Auto Nice Condition
Price: US $2,550.00 Item location: Cape Coral, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Honda
- Model: Accord
- SubModel: CVCC, 1st Year (Civic, Prelude, V-Tec)
- Type: 2 Door Hatchback
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 90,922
- VIN: SJ-D1007863
- Color: Metallic Blue
- Engine size: 1.6 Liter, 68 HP
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 Honda Accord CVCC, 1st Year (Civic, Prelude, V-Tec)* 1976 HONDA ACCORD ** 1ST Year Model! ** One Family Owned Since New! ** Very Difficult & Rareto Find in This Condition ** NO RUST! *
Ahhh, it was America's bicentennial summer...Before you and up for bid is my first year HONDA Accord CVCC. These cars are significant in automotive history. The particulars & interesting history of this Accord is as follows:
* On May 7, 1976, HONDA launched the Honda Accord. The Accordwas built, and so named, to be in agreement, striking a balance between humanity, machine & nature.
* On July 20, 1976, Ronald E. Lewis walked into his hometown dealer, Vidmar-Mathis Motors in Pueblo, Colorado and ordered a new Honda Accord hatchback from the next months allocation. The purchase price in 1976 was $4828.84, as they didn't discount them. Delivery was taken on August 25, 1976. Mr. Lewis was a pilot for Air America, based in China. Air America ceased operations in June of 1976, however, Mr Lewis was to remain in China through the next 12-18 mos. He intended to have the car in China, andflew it there himself. Upon completion of his assignment, both he and the Accord returned to Pueblo to live a "happy life". Upon passing in 2006,he bequeathed the carto his sister.
* The "Big Honda", as Honda referred to it, was always garaged and pampered.It was also anon-smoker, no petsowned vehicle.
* 90,922 actual miles, fully documented.
* NO accident history
* Guaranteed, NO RUST! These cars were extremely prone to rust. ThisHonda was never exposed to winter conditions, and therefore never exposed to salt or any winter corrosives. One can go over the entire car with a magnet and it will adhere firmly.
* Original documents include the order form, sales invoice, disclosure agreement, odometer statement, miscellaneous operational pamphlets, owners manual, purchase receipt, service history, and an original dealer sales brochure.
* In 1976, Honda offered the Accord in 3 colors, silver, gold and blue. All were metallic..
* 1.6 liter, 1598 CI, 68 HP, 4 cylinder, CVCC engine. The significance of the CVCC (Compound Vortex Controlled Combustion) engine, was the engines stratified charge. It provided a rich enough mixture to ignite with a spark a tiny barrel to the pre-combustion chamber where the spark plug was located. The main barrels provided a very lean mixture to the main chamber and that was lit by the flame from the pre-chamber. This is what provided the MPG that they had, and allowed them to meet CO emissions standards w/o a Catalytic converter.
* Re-manufactured engine installed in 2011, when the car had 87,563 miles. This was done at a cost of $2972. Receipt substantiated. One month later the carburetor was replaced at a cost of $504. Receipt substantiated. There are no annoying drips or leaks.
* Recent service includes all fresh fluids, belts, hoses, and filters. Recent battery and CV axles.
* Hondamatic 2-speed automatic transmission, shifts fine through both gears as well as reverse.
*At 40 years of age, the Accord is in very good condition. It starts right up, runs, drives, and stops accordingly. (pun intended)
* The interior is also in very good condition. Original upholstery throughout, there is one small 1" split in the upper outer back area of the passenger seat. (see pic) The seats were always covered and the covers will be included.
* Excellent headliner and visors
* Good carpeting throughout, including the hatch area
* Good door panels, 2 ( 1/2") small splits center top of the driver side (see pic)
* The dash does have some small cracks, as the plastic utilized was very hard similarly to that used on Datsun Z cars. Dash Topper Fabric protective covering.
* The front seats have full lateral and reclining movement. The rear seat which was seldom utilized, folds flat to increase cargo capacity.
* Original HONDA AM/FM radio plays fine, there are toggle switches to distribute the sound front to rear. The antenna is fully retractable.
* 4 new tires and the original spare tire.
* Original Honda keys w/key code stamp
* All convenience and safety features are fully operational. Excellent heat, defrost, etc. AC was not offered on the Accord in 1976.
* One windshield replacement, no cracks. All other glass is original to the car.
* Both front windows roll up & down smoothly, the rear windows "pop out" for ventilation.
* All gaskets & weather stripping are soft & pliable.
* Excellent seat belts, not stained or frayed.
* I have just sourced replacement strut cartridges for the hatch, they will be installed for the new owner.
* Period correct Asian & European market "horse hoof" fender mounted mirrors. Interior manual remote positioning.
To reiterate, at 40 years of age, the Accord is a nice, reliable, running, driving example of when HONDA served notice to Detroit that..."we're coming".Their motto..."we make it simple". The car is very clean throughout. The pictures of the spare tire provision and the underside driver door are indicative of the entire car. The engine bay is equally clean, not covered in grime or leaked fluids.
Interestingly of note, I have an advertisement that essentially states, "we're HONDA, we make small cars, we don't make big cars, and don't intend to start".HONDA was THE game changer, introducing the Accord just one year after the oil embargo. Ironically, HONDA now builds automobiles that rival in size the very cars they targeted at that time from Detroit. HONDA is the reason that Chrysler bet their future on K-cars. Ford would ultimately join the revolution with the FWD Taurus, Chevy, the downsized Nova & Cavalier. Yes, Honda had them scrambling to be competitive in a new market.
That is the significance of the ACCORD. 21 out of 25 years on Car & Driver's 10 Best List.
You are bidding to purchase the Accord, not to be the first to "look at it". Thank you.
Please have your funding in place prior to placing your bid. Thank you.
While the Accord is now an antique, and an historically significant automobile, it will not break the bank to own it.
Inspections are welcome and will be facilitated to the best of my ability prior to the auction concluding.
Transportation and/or delivery/shipping are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
The HONDA and I are presently located in S.W. Florida, Ft Myers vicinity.
While I am confident that the HONDA could easily be driven home to anywhere in America, I don't advocate it. Old cars are just that...old. Miles from home, in an unfamiliar location, is not the place to become acquainted with your "new" old car. Get it home first, I always say. With that said, if you choose to fly in and drive home, I will gladly pick you up from the S.W. Florida International Airport in Ft. Myers.
Trailer delivery is possible in the lower 48 states for $1000.00, non-negotiable.
I can recommend a reputable shipper for you if needed. I will assist to coordinate with your chosen shipper.
I have set a reasonable and fair reserve for the Accord. It is commensurate with the condition of the car, the ownership history, and the very low miles. DO NOT ask me what the reserve is, as I will not disclose it. Bid what you can afford and are willing to pay for the 1976 first year HONDA Accord that you see before you.
A $1000.00 initial payment is due & payable within 24 hours of auction close VIA PayPal. NO exceptions.
The balance is then due and payable within 7 days thereafter under condition and arrangement made between myself and the buyer. I do NOT accept PayPal for the entire purchase. The balance is to be paid VIA legitimate bank to bank wire transfer, or cash in person if you are to fly in and drive home.
* I require the winning bidder to call me within 24 hours to discuss further arrangements.
* If you are "new" to eBay, have 0% feedback, or excessive negative feedback, you will need to call me prior to placing your bid and express your intentions. If you do not call, your bid will be cancelled and you will be blocked from further bidding. This is to preserve the integrity of the auction for all sincere buyers.
I am not a dealer, I am a collector/hobbyist, and a legitimate seller simply seeking a legitimate buyer. Thank you.
The car and title will not be released until payment in full has been received. Upon receipt of payment in full, I will overnight VIA FEDEX, the bill of sale and title to the new owner. If you are to fly in and drive home, I will offer the option of hand delivering these to you.
Clear Colorado title in my name
eBay provides for only 24 pictures. I have selected pictures that best present a concise overview of the car. If you would like any area specific pictures, simply request them.
If you would like to discuss a "buy it now", call me and present your offer. Do NOT call and ask me, "what's the lowest that you'll take?"
I answer my phone quicker than I respond to e-mail. Call me directly at either of the numbers below. If you reach voice mail, leave me a brief message and I will return your call promptly.
Buyers from the U.S., Canada, Europe, Australia, Russia, and New Zealand are welcome and encouraged to bid with confidence.
Since 2007, I have sold more than 30 of my vehicles on eBay. Almost all have had there expectations exceeded. I strive to accurately, thoroughly and honestly represent the condition of a vehicle. Please have realistic expectations for a 40 year old car.
Given the age of the HONDA, by bidding, you acknowledge your understanding that the car is being sold in "as is" condition, with no expressed written or otherwise implied warranties. I do, however, maintain that there is NO rust on the car.
Thanks for looking and good luck when you bid!