1992 ford Mustang LX hatchback 5 speed 5.0 liter 302 Calypso Green rare
Price: - Item location: Newark, Delaware, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: Lx
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 90,000
- VIN: 1FACP41E9NF159197
- Color: Bright Calypso Green
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Titanium Grey
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Ford Mustang Lx**CARFAX DISCLAIMER** IF you check the car fax report, it says there is an issue with the odomoter. If you look at the records, you will see that the cars odometer rolled over, after a 3 year span. IT was someones daily driver, and they put on 10,000+ miles a year. These year mustangs odomoters only have 5 digits, so they roll over to 00000 once you go past 99,000. I dont know why Carfax has not figured that out yet!
Hello and thank you for looking! You are bidding on a 1992 Ford mustang LX hatch in one of the coolest colors of all time, bright Calypso Green! To my knowledge this color was only made for 2 years. This is an original V8 5-speed car, not some conversion! I purchased the car about a year ago, and it was 99% original at the time, It just needed a little elbow grease and some freshening up! I am selling this car for one reason, I am expecting another baby, and I know I will have no time to work on this or play with it for the next 5 years or so, and I don't want it to sit. Since I have had the car I have done clean, tasteful modifications, using quality parts ONLY. Everything under the hood is bone stock original from the factory except a Ford racing cam (previous owner says it is a mild b cam, but I have no way to verify it. That was the only mod done by the previous owner. I asked why he did it, he said for better power and sound), and a BBK cold air intake. Everything else is original, bottom end, top end,everything. The car runs perfect. No real mechanical issues at all, it will sit at idle for an hour. No check engine light or anything like that. Heck, the A/C still blows cold! The car has brand new cats and still has ALL Smog equipment so it will pass State Inspection anywhere! I keep very detailed journals of all of my cars that have dates, description, and mileage when installed. Buyer will be provided with that as well as a folder of all receipts. Body is in decent shape, only a couple dings and rock chips here and there. Nothing horrendous. Carfax reads clean, but there must have been a small collision at one point, as the passenger door and fender have been replaced/painted. The rest of the car has original paint, but it was clear coated again during that collision, so the car shines really well. Below is a list of the modifications/replaced parts on the car.
- New Battery
- New SparkPlugs
- New Spark plug wires
- New Distributor Cap
- Various Vacuum lines replaced
- New Hood Prop clip
- New BBK Shorty Headers w/ Locking Header Bolts
- New BBK High Flow Catted Mid pipe
- New Bosch 02 Sensors
- New FlowMaster STAINLESS catback muffler system (No drone at all, car sound amazing, and there is no gas fumes at all, because the car has the cats!)
- New Ford Racing Transmission Crossmember
- New Fuel Filter
- New Gas Tank gaskets
- New 5-Lug Disc Brake Conversion Setup,SN95 Front Spindles, 2003 GT Mustang rear disc brakes and 2003 GT BIG 2 Piston Calipers up front!
- New Maximum Motorsports Factory Proportioning Valve Delete Kit
- New Ford Racing Adjustable Brake Portioning Valve
- New 93 Cobra Brake Line Adapter (Needed for disc brake conversion)
- New OEM Ford Front Brake Dust Shield
- New Emergency brake cables installed
- Emergency Brake Handle Modification completed
- New Moog Front Lower Control Arms and Ball Joints
- New Moog Sway bar end links
- New Koni Orange Shocks & Struts Front and Rear
- New Steeda 1-1.25" Lowering Springs Front and Rear
- New Rear Pinion Snubber
- New Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates (Had professional alignment done after all suspension upgrades)
- American Muscle FR500 Wheels (17x9) Anthracite (Wheels and tires had 3500 miles on them tops...I purchased from a buddy who sold his car) Awesome Drag Radial looking tires in the rear
- 2001 Cobra Driver(7.5+ out of 10) and passenger (9 out of 10) leather and Alcantara seats! Driver side is a power seat and has lal power options hooked up! Factory sears available upon request
- New LMR (Late Model Restoration) Door weather stripping on body and doors
- New LMR Moonroof Weather Stripping on Car and Moonroof. (The Moon roof does NOT leak at all.)
- New LMR Door lock Actuators installed (Passenger side stopped working after 1 month, I verified it was the actuator, but decided to just unhook it for the time being).
- New LMR Door Arm rests
- New LMR Center Console Armrest with cup holder!
- New 3 Piece clear headlights
- New LMR Steel Exterior door handles
- New LMR Interior door handles and bezels
- New LMR Ash Tray Repair Kit
- New LMR Door hinge pins (Only passenger side completed, I have not had time to do the driver side yet, but will include the new hardware for new owner of course)
- Installed a new Gauge Cluster with white faces (I have the original cluster still, I replaced it because the original clusters Tachometer didnt start working until 2400 RPM. It is any easy fix, but I got a good deal on the new cluster so decided to track my mileage, and just swap the two out)
- New Black Cowl Grill
- New Rear Hatch Lift Cylinders
- New Windshield Wipers
The known issues with the car:
- Small area of rust on driver side rear quarter panel, below the moulding, after the wheel well.
- Wheels up front will rub the A arm slightly if trying to make a full U-turn. Doesn't hurt performance or anything else, it just limits your U-turn radius. (This is due to the fact of the Width and the offset of the wheels)
- Passenger side Door lock Actuator needs to be replaced again
- The reason I deleted the factory prop valve and replaced it with a ford racing one is because the factory one began leaking. I did not notice it until it was too late, and the brake fluid got on the shock tower and the K member. As you probably know, brake fluid eats through paint. The areas are now starting to rust, and although it is minor, I would address it soon. Just needs a sand and paint, or some POR15.
- There is no headliner. Sunroof leaked, and I ruined the headliner. I removed it completely to make sure there were no more leaks, at all. The sunroof does NOT leak!
- Missing 1 small piece of side moulding on front passenger fender
- 3rd Gear grinds ONLY if you try and shift too fast. Normal driving conditions it works perfectly
- Some small cracking of apparent Bondo on passenger door near handle. I have a new door, if the buyer wants it, I will include it for free upon request
- Very small oil leak, which i believe is the rear main seal. (Very common in these). Car has been in my driveway for 3 months and there is maybe 3 quarter size drops of oil. Very minor.
- Rear Fenders will need to be rolled. If you hit a big bump, they will hit the touch the tires briefly. Easy fix
- Something was unplugged when I swapped the gauge cluster over, and the airbag light flashes a code that says airbag doesn't have power. I just have not had time to pull the cluster out and fix it again
Here is URL for a walkaround and startup Video! I apologize for the angle of the Video, it is sideways.....be sure to adjust your watched setting to HD. Thanks.