1993 Cobra, 1000 hp, NASCOBRA
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: Cobra
- Trim: Cobra
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 1FACP42DXPF176132
- Engine size: 358
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Ford Mustang Cobra
'93 Cobra â€“ "The red car"
Show car/Street car â€“ excellent condition. The best of everything.
1993 Cobra converted to street car sleeper. Though stock-looking from outside, this sleeper Fox-Body is powered by a 358ci Small Block Ford Winston Cup NASCAR spec. engine, boosted by an F-2 Procharger supercharger and Boost CoolerÂ® water-methanol injection system.
Motor built by noted Ford NASCAR engine builder Lenard Vahshultz. Car built by House of Boost in Kansas City.
Motor made 748 hp at crank normally aspirated at 8500 RPM in NASCAR spec.
1049hp at wheels with Procharger, water-methanol, and intercooler on 91 pump gas.
1. Earnie Elliot prepped 358 cu in NASCAR cup motor custom fit in '93 Cobra.
2. F-2 Procharged to 1000+ hp on pump gas â€“ street driven.
3. No Race gas â€“ water-methanol injected.
4. Stout piece - 8000 RPM, shaft rockers, spring and piston oil sprayers, 12 qt Dry sump, Earnie Elliot ported Yates heads, Ford racing G block,
5. Build notables:
1. Fuel injected â€“ Injectors hidden inside manifold valley.
2. NASCAR V-belt system changed to serpentine/ cog.
3. Pulleys engineered to not over run accessories at high RPM.
4. Custom KOOKS headers.
5. Custom SC mount
6. No distributor â€“ remote pick-up. Hidden wires/coils
7. Custom k- member, steering rack mount to orient engine low and to the rear.
6. Some things that allow this power level to used during a track day:
1. Dry Sump- NASCAR spec.
2. 12qt oil reservoir
3. Oil sprayers - NASCAR spec valve spring sprayers as well as piston.
1. Modified NASCAR victor for fuel injectors (mounted on valley side of runners so not visible).
2. F-2 ProCharger cogged with custom mount.
3. Heads/ Valve train
1. Yates heads messaged by Ernie Elliot
2. shaft mounted roller rockers.
1. Custom 2- row aluminum radiator
2. Water-methanol injection â€“ Much.
3. Procharger "Race" intercooler.
5. Engine Mgnt
1. Distributor less with Big Stuff 3. No room for dist with ProCharger set-up.
2. Sumped custom Aeromotive fuel system
6. Engine mount
1. Custom a-arm
2. Custom KOOKS headers
3. Custom aluminum Trani mount.
7. Chassis & Drivetrain
1. Brake cooler â€“ water sprayers
2. Sticky tires â€“ 315x35-17 Nitto NT-01's on stock wheels.
3. Coil over front
4. Brake and clutch master cylinder â€“ custom to clear headers
5. dual disc SPAL clutch with ceramic discs.
6. Rearend â€“ Mosier housing, 33 spline, Ford 9" goods
7. Trani â€“ TKO
5.0 Mustang cover and feature
Hotrod Magazine â€“ feature
MMFF Cover and feature â€“ June 2015 issue
MMFF â€“"10-Best Mustangs" â€“ Jan 2016
Primarily used as a street car. Never had slicks on â€“ Â¼ mile unknown
Vehicle is for sale locally and I reserve the right to end auction early.
Stock gray leather seats and 2- cobra wheels included.On Oct-15-17 at 18:00:48 PDT, seller added the following information:
Transmission is a Magnum 6-speed not a 5-speed TKO as indicated in text.