1968 Ford Mustang Coupe - 289 - 3 Speed Manual - Good for Parts
Price: US $300.00 Item location: Hampton Bays, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Trim: Coupe
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 86,243
- VIN: 8T01C116256
- Engine size: 289
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Ford Mustang
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe - 289 - 3 Speed Manual - Severe Rust Damage - Good for Parts - SOLD AS IS
- Model: Mustang Coupe
- Engine:289 Cubic Inch
- Transmission: 3 Speed Manual - Clutch
- Body Comments: Significant rust damage throughout although some sections may be salvaged. Accident damage at front end. This happened beforeI acquired thevehicle in 1992. Rust was significant back then and it has just gotten worse over the years.Most glass in decent condition.
- Engine Comments:Engine is seized due to sitting for over 20 years. I made a recent attempt to free it but no luck. I removed the heads and soaked cylinders with solvent for 2 weeks. I believe the engine can be freed with a bit more work which would include removing the engine. The crankshaft can then be removed and the pistons knocked out. Not worth the effortto me. Heads look fine as well as the intake and exhaust manifolds. No sign of cracked block butwill need full inspection if you intend to freeit and use it. I removed the starter to inspect the flywheel. Starter had rust damage so it's in the trash. Last time engine was in running condition, it ran without issues. No leaks and lots of power. Remember, that was a long time ago.
- Transmission Comments: It is impossible to test the full functionality of the transmission while the engine is seized. It would have to be removed from the car. The drive shaft turns so at least part of the transmission and the differential arefree. The shift linkage is rusted solid soI cannot shift into gear. For what it's worth,the last timeI drove the car in 1992,all gears were smooth and shifting functioned without problems.
- Clutch Comments: Since the car has been sitting for over20 years, all clutch components will have to be replaced. The exception may be the flywheel.
- Interior Comments: Front bench and rear seat look to be repairable. Headliner is destroyed. Carpet is destroyed. Some interior panels may be salvaged. Floor pans have significant rust damage. Some trim and handles may be salvaged. Windows do function but mechanisms will of course need cleaning and inspection.
- Trim Comments:Some of themetal trim and surrounds may be salvaged.
- Tire Comments: Dangerous condition. Dry rot and bald.
- Dashboard Comments:Gauges can be salvaged.Some glove box components can be salvaged but there is rust damage. Dashboardhas rustand sun damage.
- Shipping Comments:Buyer is responsible for arranging pickup and all costs involved. VEHICLE MUST BETRANPORTED BY FLATBED. It is too dangerous to tow or dolly.
- Documentation: The transferrable registration has been lost long ago. The NYS DMV said it would take months for me to receive a replacement. They said the easiest way to transfer ownership to the buyer would be to supply the buyer a completed MV-51 and MV-51b at the time of sale. Please note that I did not ask about an out of state sale so those of you not living in NYS will need to check with your local DMV office before purchasing.
- Additional Comments: Item sold AS IS. No Returns.
FREE LOCAL PICKUP!!!
SHIPPING NOT AVAILABLE