383ci 4-Spd, High Impact Butterscotch 1 of 53. Original Drivetrain & Body Panels
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Charger
- SubModel: Super Bee
- Type: 2-Door Hardtop
- Trim: Black Bench Seat
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 92,610
- VIN: WM23N1A190038
- Color: High Impact Butterscotch
- Engine size: 383ci 300hp
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Rear Wheel
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Dodge Charger Super BeeTo start with, et me first say that I am listing this ’71 Dodge Charger Super Bee for a well-known classic and muscle car dealership and in doing so, will be acting as an agent for this dealership. The owner, ho is a friend and someone that I have known for over 20 years, ounded his dealership in 1996 and has been a veteran of the car business for over 30 years. All of his vehicles are chosen for the highest standards and quality. A careful and complete analysis is done on every one before they offered for sale. To start with, et me first say that I understand that there is a lot of information in my ad. I also understand that this may be boring to the person who is just looking and not buying. However, or the person who is looking to buy and spend their hard earned money, feel that there is never too much information. As to myself, am not a dealer, ust a (65) year old kid that loves muscle cars. For my work, am retired from managing a Correctional Facility here in Maine and had worked for the Maine Department of Corrections for (40) years. I am also a respected member of my community. I mention this only because of the value of this car and so that prospective buyers will have some idea as to who they are dealing with. Also, lease check out my eBay feedback which is 100% with (1,139) transactions. Many of those have been muscle cars which I have sold to individuals all over the country as well as Canada, ngland, rance, witzerland and Australia.
INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ARE WELCOME WITH A DOWN PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL AND THE BALANCE VIA WIRE TRANSFER ONLY.
I ALSO HAVE INTERNATIONAL BUYER REFERENCES FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CHECK.
Just some quick history on the Super Bee. GM divisions had been doing it for years, ut it wasn't until 1968 that the two MOPAR divisions, odge and Plymouth, egan to engage in a bit of sibling rivalry. The result was the Dodge Super Bee, direct competitor to Plymouth's Road Runner. Although a capable budget muscle car, t never was as successful as the Road Runner, hich truly must have hurt.
Dodge watched as Plymouth launched their budget muscle car, he Road Runner, n the fall of 1967 as a 1968 model. Already upset that Dodge had coined the "road runner" name in a 1967 Coronet ad, odge responded by launching its own budget muscle car. Based on the redesigned Dodge Coronet pillared coupe, odge looked to its Scat Pack symbol and released its new model in the spring of 1968 as the Super Bee. The $3,027 base price was $131 more than the Road Runner, hich used the same basic chassis. Curb weight was nearly identical, nd both used the same engines, o performance was almost identical. The standard engine was the 335 bhp four barrel 383 cid V8 that borrowed cylinder heads, amshaft and induction system from the Magnum 440. The 426 Hemi was the only engine option, ut at nearly $1,000 more, t clashed with the budget nature of the Super Bee and only 125 were ordered. The low price meant minimizing amenities, nd although the Super Bee borrowed the Rallye gauge package from the Charger to edge out the Road Runner, tachometer was still a $38 extra. A heavy duty suspension, rakes, our-speed manual transmission with Hurst Competition Plus shifter, nd red-line wide oval tires were standard. The low price didn't mean low profile, nd the Super Bee had bumble bee racing stripes circling the tail, nd a big Super Bee emblem hovering on the rear fenders. The grille was finished in black matte and the hood had a decorative power bulge. The wheel lips and the rear body panel were accented with thin bright moldings. Inside, he Super Bee had door-to-door carpeting, leated vinyl seats and door panels, nd a standard bench seat.The big news for MOPAR muscle car fans in 1969 was a new optional engine in several cars, ncluding the Super Bee. MOPAR engineers took the existing 440 cid V8 and replaced the single Carter four barrel carb with three Holley two-barrel carbs on an Edelbrock Hi-Riser manifold, reating the Dodge 440 Six Pack (Plymouth called it the 440+6). Only the center carb was used for normal driving, ut slamming on the fun pedal opened all six carbs for a combined 1,375 cfm rush. Hemi valve springs, hotter cam, agnafluxed connecting rods, nd other improvements helped boost output to 390 bhp. A Hurst four speed manual transmission was standard. Torqueflite automatic was optional, ut disc brakes, ir conditioning, nd cruise control were not allowed. The Super Bee Six Pack came with one of the wilder hoods in muscledoom. The lift off hood was made of fiberglass, ad a matte black finish, our NASCAR tie down pins, nd a large air scoop molded right in with Six Pack written on the sides. The all business look was completed with standard black steel wheels, nadorned except for chrome lug nuts. The 440 Six Pack was a $463 option in 1969, nd 1,907 were produced. The Six Pack could keep up with a Hemi up to 70 mph and came with a Hemi grade suspension that turned the Super Bee into a decent handler. The agingCoronet's body style was given a face lift for 1970. The front fenders were sloped down more at the ends, nd the hood featured a NASA inspired integrated hood scoop on the standard set upthat flowed down into a center peakseparatinga twin front bumper arrangement. A Super Bee medallion was used between the grilles on the hood. The Ram-Charger hood with its twin hood scoops were carried over to the new hood as an option. The cards of marketing were reshuffled for 1971. The Coronet name it felt was too closely tied with the image of grocery getters and mom and dad. Thus all four-door mid-sized Dodges would be known as Coronets, hile all two-door intermediate Dodge models would be known as Chargers. The Charger would be restyle to meet these demands with long flowing lines that took some of the race car look away from it. The reshuffle of nameplates also brought the seeming death to the Coronet R/T and the Super Bee. However, t was only half right. The R/T was never a true contender on the marketing field, o it was killed while the Super Bee was given one more year to prove itself. Be the fates of soaring insurance rates and government regulations only place the Super Bee on life support, s this would be its last year of production.
Production for the 1971 WM23N 383ci 2-Door Hardtops: 3,858Total 1971 WM23N 383ci 2-Door Hardtop 4-Speed Super Bees Produced: 766 Production at 6.9% of 1971 4-Speed Super Bees Painted EL5 Hi-Impact Butterscotch: 53 (Please understand that 53 is an extrapolation number and should not be considered as gospel.) This 1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee was originally from California. This rare example is one of only 766, 83ci 4 speed 1971 Charger Super Bees produced. This four owner car comes with a complete owner history and lots of original parts. If you've been searching for a B-Body Mopar, 83, speed car, his car has lots of eye appeal and is considered extremely collectible. Some of the features include but are not limited to:
· Original broadcast sheet;
· Original and decoded body tag;
· Original VIN stamped block;
· Original VIN stamped manual transmission;
· OriginalVIN stamped radiator support;
· Original body panels;
· Original rear axle;
· Factory EL-5 high impact "Butterscotch" paint;
· Blackout hood treatment;
· N96 Ram Charger option (Added);
· Hood pins;
· Front chin spoiler;
· Sport longitude stripe;
· Chrome side view racing mirrors with drivers side remote;
· 14" original rally wheels;
· BF Goodrich P225/70R 14" raised white letter radials;
· Machine gun rear exhaust tips;
· OEM dual exhaust system;
· Power steering;
· Power front disc brakes;
· Correct AM/FM radio; (Comes with original AM radio)
· Rally instrument;
· Tinted windshield;
· Factory J81 rear go wing;
· N97 noise reduction package;
· Rallye suspension;
· Pistol grip shifter;
· Numbers matching 4-speed 833 transmission;
· 3:23 sure grip upgraded to 3:55 sure grip with original gears included;
· Two fender tags;
· Galen Govier decoding appraisal from 2002;
· Owner’s manual;
· Pictures of the single repaint;
· Previous owners title from Illinois;
· Spare keys;
· Tons of receipts dating back to 1985.Exterior: The car has a solid original body and the car is straight as an arrow. No waves in the cars exterior appearance, roper alignment to all the body panels, riginal chrome bumpers are in fantastic shape. Roof drip rail moldings, rim, right work and emblems are all in excellent condition. Tail light bezels, rgent silver, ail light panel has also been refurbished. The car has beautiful original stainless around the windshield and rear window with no scratches, ings or dents noticed. Doors are perfectly aligned and close with a touch of a finger. The key locks on both doors work properly when used with the keys. The chrome door handles are also in excellent condition. Interior: The Interior is in super nice condition. The carpeting, oor panels, eat covers, actory seat belts, eadliner, ail panels, ash and instrument cluster are excellent throughout. All the gauges to include the tach work fine. The heater, orn, adio, nterior lights, ack up lights, ey buzzer and reverse ligh t on the dash all work fine. The padded dash is in awesome shape and there are no speaker cut outs in the door or kick panels. The interior basically isexcellent throughout. Engine: Looking under the hood you'll notice the engine bay has a nice clean, actory clean appearance. The car is powered by a numbers matching 383ci, 00hp 4V engine that was rebuilt by the most recent owner of 13 years. He stated the motor has approximately 5000 miles since the overhaul. The motor was bored .030 thousand over using all factory stock parts to keep the car as original as he could. The cylinder heads were also refurbished with hardened valve seats and bronze valve guides for today's fuel.The rare N-96 air grabber are all original components, ncluding the hood but was added on from the 3rd owner when the car was repainted back in the late 90's. The inner fender aprons and firewall was also re-finished when the motor was overhauled and has a show quality finish in high impact Butterscotch paint. The components under the hood are correct for the car. There were no non-original reproduction parts under the hood of this really unique 1971 Charger Super Bee. Trunk: Looking in the trunk you will notice original paint, space saver spare tire, ir canister, riginal jack and a truck mat with no moisture noticed. Mechanical: Mechanically very sound with no notable issues. Undercarriage: The underside has a light factory undercoat, olid original floor pans and torque boxes. The trunk pan is as solid as a rock. There is a well preserved appearance with no rust or repair noticed. ID Photos:
Vin Number: WM23N1A190038
Vin Number Decode:
W Dodge Charger
M Medium Price Class
23 2-Door Hardtop
N 1971 383ci, CYL, 00hp, 4BBL, Block
A Lynch Road, I Assembly Plant
190038 Sequence Number
Body Plate Codes:
21150 188674 418 042
L5 C2X9 TX9 610 217549
E55 D21 WM23 H1A 190038
Body Plate Decode:
21150 21 Gate Sequence
150 Base Sequence
188674 Line Sequence
418 Engine Transmission Code, 83 4BBL, anual trans., eater, 00hp
042 Rear Axle Brakes Code, .23 open, 3/4, 0" rear drum - front disc/LD drum
G37 LH Remote, H Manual Outside Mirrors
EL5 Hi Impact Butterscotch Lower Paint
EL5 Hi Impact Butterscotch Upper Paint
C2X9 C Charger
2 Vinyl Bench Seats
X9 Black Trim
TX9 Black Upper Door Frames
610 6 June 1971
10 10th Day of June 1971
217549 Body Sequence Number
E65 1971 383ci, CYL, 00hp, 4BBL, Block
D21 1971 4-Speed Manual A833 Floor Shift Transmission
WM23 W Dodge Charger
M Medium Price Class
23 2-Door Hardtop
N1A N 1971 383ci, CYL, 00hp, 4BBL, Block
A Lynch Road, I Assembly Plant
190038 Sequence NumberI highly recommend that serious buyers come themselves or send an agent to see this car in person.
I am an individual and do not claim to know everything there is to know about these cars. It is your responsibility to ensure that all of you questions or concerns are resolved prior to bidding and not after.
WINNING BIDDER DOES NOT HAVE THE OPTION TO LOOK THIS CAR OVER AFTER THE AUCTION CLOSES TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT THEY WANT TO BUY. INSPECTIONS "MUST" BE DONE PRIOR TO THE CLOSE OF THE AUCTION WITH NO EXCEPTIONS.
In fairness to all, am not revealing the reserve price. If you are interested in owning this car, lease place a bid TO OWN ONLY NOT TO PASS TIME. If it does not make reserve, may contact the high bidder depending on what the highest amount was on the last bid.
Terms of Sale:
This pre-owned vehicle is being sold "as-is, here is" with absolutely no warranties and/or guarantees either expressed or implied. Winning bidder must contact seller within (48) hours of auction close to confirm purchase by e-mail. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit is required within (2) business days of auction close. Remainder of selling price is due within (5) business days of auction end. All funds must be in the form of a cashiers check, ertified bank check, ire transfer or cash. If there is no confirmation, eller has the right to offer the vehicle to other bidders. Buyer is responsible for all transport costs. This auction and your bid/participation in this auction are binding contracts and will be dutifully, awfully enforced.
Seller reserves the right to end the auction early without any liability to the seller.
BID WITH CONFIDENCE AND CHECK OUT MY FEEDBACK WHICH IS 100%
THANKS FOR READING THIS AD. GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BIDDING.