1968 Dodge Charger Wide Body
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Charger
- Type: 2 door
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 55
- VIN: XP29F8B288780
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 440 Mopar stroked to 535 CI
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Transmission: Manual 5-speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Dodge Charger
- Custom built by Muscle Rod Shop, San Antonio TX
- Custom leather interior by Pro Auto Custom Interiors, Owner Steve Holcomb
- Mopar 8.75 inch rear axle / Truetrac differential
- Highly modified body, but retains that '68 Charger look
- Only roof and deck lid were not modified
- 440 Mopar, stroked to 535, with Hilborn 8-stack EFI carbs
- 700 hp / 635 lbs torque
- Vintage Air conditioning Gen Air IV
- Power rack and pinion steering
- Tremec TKO-600 5-speed transmission
- Custom suspension / RMS AlterKtion front and RMS 4-link rear, coilovers at all 4 corners
- Wilwood disc brakes, 6 piston front and 4 piston rear, 14" rotors all around
- Body/Paint - Muscle Rod Shop smoothed and block-sanded the Charger, prepping for House of Kolors "Reflex" Blue custom blend
- Rendering by Eric Brockmeyer, winner of GoodGuys Trend Setter of the Year 2016
Created by Muscle Rod Shop, San Antonio TX, specializing in wide-body muscle rods.Frame was channeled front and rear to get that lowered stance. Body was widened 2.5" each side, starting at the front doors, finishing at the tail.Wheel arches were raised 2" and flared at all four corners.Rockers were lowered and continued to rear valance.Bumpers were modified, yet retain the stock look.
The engine bay was hand-fabricated from inner fenders to smoothed firewall.Cowl was also smoothed for a clean look.One-off custom hood with 2" raise in the middle and 3 heat extractors on both sides.
Body work was smoothed out, then painted custom mix "Reflex Blue" by House of Kolors.
440 Mopar stroked to 535 C.I. with comp cam and roller rockers, Eldelbrock aluminum heads, knocking out 700 hp and 635 lb/ft of torque.Hilborn fuel injection sets off that big block Mopar.Holly distributor and MSD plug wires.Billet Specialties Truetrac serpentine system looks awesome.
Reilly MotorSports RMS AlterKtion suspension with power rack and pinion controls the front, while RMS Street Lynx handles the rear.Silver MotorSport handles the drivetrain with a Tremec TKO-600 connecting to the 8.75" Moser axles that spin a Truetrac differential.Custom 3" exhausts connect to ceramic-coated Headman headers.
HRBB-HR99 front 18 x 8, 245 x 40 x 18 and rear 20 x 12, 335 x 30 x 20 riding on Perilli P Zeros.
Design by Eric Brockmeyer.
Pro Auto Custom Interiors, Knoxville TN, Steve Holcomb, owner.
Dash was custom-fabricated by Muscle Rod Shop and covered in leather by Pro Auto Custom Interiors.Steve and his crew custom-made the seats, front and rear, along with the headliner.Steve is well-known for his one-off interiors.He's just coming off a Great 8 winner, a 1954 Corvette built by Larry Griffey.
The Charger will be at the PPG Nationals, Columbus OH July 7 - July 9, 2017.
More pictures available upon request. 1968DodgeChargerWidebody Street Machine "Reflex... -YouTubeFor more information, contact Rich Purdie 321-255-1287 or email@example.com