Citroen 2cv The French Model "T"
- Make: CitroÃ«n
- Model: 2CV
- Type: 4 DOOR
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 999,999,999
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: 2 CYLINDER
- Number of cylinders: 2
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 CitroÃ«n 2CV
This is probably one of the oldest 2CVs in USA in Nice Running Condition. Just arrived from the south of France. Already, registered with a clear California title.
It hasn't been driven in the USA since it arrived from France. The mileage displays 1500 and I opened up the cylinders which shows no signs of wear so this might be the real mileage.
I also have a lot of information about the history of the vehicle from the original owner in France.
Winner must paypal $500 within 24 hours. The rest is to be paid by cashier's check and/or bank transfer.
Buyers are responsible for pickup or shipping. We can assist you with shipping (either internationally or domestically).
When the 2CV first appeared, it surprised the world by being a car stripped to basics in the extreme, by being out of fashion with its added-on headlights, and by its low price. (In 1948 - 1950, the price of the 2CV was about US$650, about half that of a Volkswagen beetle.) Only the CitroÃ«n name stopped the car from being thought a joke. But the 2CV had a surprising career. It received popular approval in the rural world for the go-everywhere suspension, was adored by the low earners for its unbeatable price, and loved by everybody for what it represented: a car beyond time.
- First presented in 1938 as the "TrÃ¨s Petite Voiture" (very small car - the TPV), but production was delayed by WWII, so the 2CV was not commercially produced until 1948
- Production stopped: 27 July 1990 at Mangualde, Portugal
- 3,872,583 2CV cars and vans made. Some claims go higher than this when variations are included.
- Empty car weight: 600kg
- Engine: 375cc 9hp, 65 km/h top speed
- 30 different berline models built
The 2CV was also made as a van (camionette/fourgonette),
and as a 4 x4 - the Sahara - with a second engine to drive the rear axle. Only 694 of these were built.
- During its 42-year production, only technical parts like the engine, transmission and brake-system were updated - the body remained the same.