1965 Chrysler 300 Series
Rather than go into all the details about the car generally I will just list specifics. You can go online to Chrysler 300 club international or just do a Wiki search for the information on exclusivity of the Chrysler 300 L.
- I am third owner of this car (I know the past history)
- This is #9 of 11 in Galen's Chrysler Registry
- Original run- Just 2405 Made- this is a very limited car.
Features of this car:
- Rebuilt 413 engine (w) 2x4 brl less than 10000 miles ago. Synthetic oil every change sine. New motor mounts. (Life time supply of Royal Purple oil filters to winning bidder)
- New TTI exhaust and headers. Fit and finish are par none. These are simply the best.
- New AFB carbs- similar to 1958-1962 413's with dual quad set up.
- New engine air cleaner (custom) and new air filters (updated and custom fit by K&N Air)
- New battery
- New coil
- New Electronic ignition as well as regulatorballast resistor and wires. New plugs as well.
- Steering pump and power steering unit is new.
- All suspension components are new- bushings tie-rod ends torsion bars anti-sway bar and bushings and shocks as well as leaf springs.
- Late 90's paint in great shape and holding up very well
- All dash components have been restored and updated by Redline and RetroRadio. Cluster was re-stored lights replaced and all gages work. (Speedo fuel and alternator)
- RetroRadio installed allowing you full 'today' high performance listening experience with you MP3's CD's and Am/Fm with the look of the original radio. Black Diamond speakers installed.
- All exterior trim work polished
- Bumpers re-chromed.
Resto-Mods are now very popular. They have been on the up-rise for the past 10 years. But they are very expensive. They usually start around 90000.00 and go north from there.They are an awesome way to enjoy an older car with all new components. This is NOT a resto-mod but all drive train and interior components have been restored or replaced with respect to keeping the integrity of the car original.This car has been well cared for and meticulous maintained from me with no intention to buy and flip cars. I have most receipts for work done. I am not a dealer but a private seller.While not concours restoration nor even a restoration this car is excellent for cruises a driver and can score well at local shows. The 'C' body's in general and letter cars in particular are starting to become more rare and therefore will guarantee its future status as a collectible.While not PERFECT this is an AUTHENTIC 1965 Chrysler 300 L Letter car with original color numbers matching (more accurately for this year-period correct) engine drive train (727 Torque-flite with Sure Grip 3:23 gearing). The seats roof-liner carpet door panels and dash are all original. The chrome bumpers remote mirror door handles and all trim is original but either re-chromed or polished.The car's authenticity has been documented by GTS services.New owner will receive:
- Proud ownership of exclusive Letter series club car
- Receipts of work done
- Original Broad-cast sheet
- Original components removed from car; radio hub caps A/c and A/c pump and components intake manifold 4 brl carb and unsilenced air cleaner.
This is a hotter car than the Chrysler 300 sport series limited "gentle Man's Hotrod" with 360. H.P. high lift cam and 470lbs of torgue.Most impressive to me as a Mopar car guy for past 45+ years is how great this car runs- it is a beauty to drive has plenty of H.P. (more realistic 405) good gas milage and stops on a dime with the 11" hemi brakes. The undercarriage on this car is stellar with no rust or any issues to be had. Absolutely stunning car. Not original but with 65% original and potential of 80% with new components this is actually better.Now for the bad: 2 rips in the seats- both along seam. Picture of "300 emblem" shows a little rust spot that has not grown or stained since my purchase over 7 years ago. As well as paint bubble below driver's side door (rocker panel) Roof has a small blemish on drivers side. Passanger side near the Chrysler star shows some small cancer but nothing major and is not growing either. Original steering wheel does come with car but has cracks in it.I can send additional photo's upon request but they are in the pictures above if you can magnify the image.