RS, ACTUAL 22k Miles, Red, Amazing Mostly Original Survivor, Glass T-Top
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Camaro
- Type: T-Top
- Trim: RS Removable Top
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 22141
- VIN: 1G1FP21E1Kl130276
- Color: Bright Red
- Engine size: 5.0 Litre
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black Cloth
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS Removable Top
1989 Chevrolet Camaro RS T-Top
Well Equipped RS, 22 K Miles, Red, Amazing Mostly Original Survivor, Glass T-Tops, Appears “Bone Stock”
When the current owner found out (almost 4 years ago) about this car, and with its condition he had to own it. However, he has many other cars, and decided he can’t drive them all. Owner bought from private individual who was the 2nd owner of the car. Title shows actual mileage and cars shows it.
* Some of the more significant features – see copy of “Window Sticker” for details.
* Glass T-Top
* 5.0 Litre V-8 with E.F.I
* Air Conditioning
* Automatic Transmission with Overdrive
* Am-Fm Radio
* Cassette Player
* Reclining seats
* Remote Hatch Release with Power Pull Down
* Aluminum Wheels
* Radial Touring Tires
* T-Top Storage Cover
* Rear Defroster
* Fold Down Rear Seat
* Power Door Locks
* Tinted Glass
* Cruise Control
* Tilt Wheel
* Intermittent Wipers
* 3 Ignition Keys and 1 Door Key
* Owners Manual
* The finish is very, smooth, and shiny and appears to match well all the way around.
* We do not see anything other than a few normal light scratches that normal polish or just wiping it off.
* When we measured the depth of the paint it appears the car may be all original paint with the exception of some re-spray of the front bumper and hood area. This could have resulted from normal driving nicks.
* We may have missed a pin head size nick somewhere, but it appears to be pretty free of any. With the exception of the front fascia. It does not show rubbing at the front bottom, but there are a couple of nicks below the black grill and a few on the grill itself, as well as one little stared light crack area next to the left side of the grill. (See Pics)
* The hood measures slightly thicker in paint, but over all the paint is in beautiful condition.
* In florescent lights only you can see a few pin head size imperfections in primarily the hood area. (See Pictures)
* The over all quality of the paint is much like what you would expect in a typical factory application.
* We do not have any knowledge on the type of paint.
* All of the panels on the car are straight, and correct as you would expect to see the car when it was built new.
* The fits around the doors, hatch, and hood are very similar to what you would see of the builds in those days. Not perfect, but appear to look very correct. (see pics)
* We could not find or detect any dents on the body.
Magnetic Paint Gauge -
* Excluding the hood only, all painted steel panels on the car (when taking a couple random paint depth readings) appears to be approx. in the 4 ½ to 7 ½ mils range. With a slight variance that looks to be pretty similar to variance you see on factory paints.
* In measuring the hood it appears that much of the hood, and even maybe the top edge of the front fenders are more in the 10-15 mils range. This would be very typical for a re-coat of those surfaces that are more often than not received because of the car being low and receive nicks from road use.
Bright Work/Black Trim-
* The only bright work would be the side RS emblems, front Chevrolet and rear RS emblem. All of those really look like almost new without signs of age or deterioration.
* The black that surrounds the windshield, T-top, rear window, rear tail lights, door handles and locks all show almost no wear at all. We don't see any damage and its obvious looking at them that they have had very little exposure to the outside because they are bright and shiny. (See Pics)
* Drivers side lower outside window molding shows light wear.
* All of the taillight lenses look like they have had almost no exposure to the outside. They are clean without scratches, and have good color. (See Pics)
* All glass has the Soft-Ray LOF emblem. All 4 windows and the 2 T-tops all have that emblem, and could all be original
* Its all very clear without discoloring, bulls-eyes, cracks, wiper marks, but both door glasses and the rear hatch, and t-tops each have a couple approx. 1 inch light scratches.
* Both doors glasses do not have any typical wear marks from putting windows up and down.
* The windshield does have several pin head size nicks from normal wear that can barley be seen mostly in florescent light.
* There is some delamination on the lower left and right corner, and upper right corner of the windshield. (See Pics)
* The interior over all appears to be all original, and if you look at how nice, shiny, and straight the black surfaces are its obvious this car has not seen much exposure and had wonderful care.
* The door panels and side panels have good color and are not chalking, or like the plastic is breaking down. It really has a nice, and original feel to it.
* The material on the sun visors could probably be re-glued, but have a good hard backing but upholstery could be fastened to make them tighter if wanted.
* The headliner does not appear faded, and is well intact with just a few wrinkles. (See Pics)
* The cloth seating material looks much of how you would expect when the car was built, just a little scuffing on the drivers upholster. The gauges are nice and clean and crisp, and not scratched.
* The carpet all has good color, pay close attention to pictures to see the quality and how well it has been preserved.
* The arm rest on the passenger door looks like the adhesive had come loose, and slightly loose is the drivers so they may need a little attention.
* The carpet in the trunk, and plastic panels look like they have had very little exposure to sun and the outside.
* Spare is located in R.R. corner storage. (See Pics)
Tires and Wheels-
* Primewell Valera Touring
* I don’t see any cracking on the outside rubber, or any damage to the wheels or tires.
* The center caps, clear finish, black lug caps, Camaro emblem, and the light gray paint is all in almost new condition on all four wheels.
* No curb damage to the wheels or tires.
* Left Front- 215-65-15 10/32 Tread Remaining
* Right Rear- 215-65-15 10/32 Tread Remaining
* Left Rear- 215-65-15 10/32 Tread Remaining
* Right Front- 215-65-15 10/32 Tread Remaining
Engine and Transmission-
* Other than a little dust in the crevices, it has a great unaltered appearance to it.
* Everything appears like factory except for the replacement battery, and fittings for what appears to be the new style refrigerant, and possibly a replacement alternator.
* Oil is nice and clean, and right up to the full mark. The coolant level is proper, and has a nice green color to it.
* You see it presented here pretty much just the way it was built. (See Pics)
* Other than normal light surface rust, it appears to be original with the obvious exception of a new oil filer.
* It appears that the tailpipe from the converter back, and possibly the muffler have been replaced at some point.
* The catalytic converter forward looks like it could be original, and thetailpipes look like they could be original as well.
* The fuel filter looks to have been replaced at sometime, but underneath we don’t see any signs of damage(please look closely at all the underneath photos).
* It appears that on any of the structural members, as well as the floor pans don’t show any type of obvious repair, and has been left very natural. Without it being coated with anything it allows you to truly see the condition of the car, and that it has seen very minimal exposure.
* Front main has just a slight dampness to it, as well as slight dampness on the back of the engine oil pan, and very minimal light dampness on the bottom of the engine oil pan near the front seal. As well as the light dampness around some of the transmission pan, which most consider very normal.
* The rear transmission seal, and the front differential seal seems really dry, again look at pictures.
* We don’t see any dampness around the front struts, or around the rear shocks.
* Looking carefully at the pictures, most rubber garments show very little age or cracking.
* The mechanical fuel pump hole on the block has a cover on it, there is light seepage out of that.
* Look carefully at all the chassis pictures.
*Low beams and high beams work
* Front parking lamps work
* Side marker lights work
* Taillights work
* Blinkers work left and right side, front and back
* Brake lights work
* Back up lights work
* Power door locks work on both sides
* Power lock inside switches work on both sides
* Remote mirror on the left works
* Windows crank up and down correctly
* Inside hood release works
* Head light switch works
* Dome light works
* Tilt steering wheel works
* Horn works
* Windshield wipers work on both speeds
* We did not turn on windshield washers
* Fuel gauge works
* Speedometer works
* Odometer works
* Tachometer works
* Rear trunk release works
* Cigarette lighter works
* Heater works
* Air conditioning works(compressor cycles on and cool air)
* Radio works AM/FM
* Gear shift and indicator works
* Emergency brake works
* Rear window defrost switch works, but because it is not freezing out we where not able to tell for sure.
* Cruise control we forgot to try
* Lower 2 rear license plate lights not working, two upper lights are working
* Trunk lid and struts work well, but the hood struts are a little week
Everything seemed to be operating just as it was designed, without any knowledge of anything not working properly. The car started, and ran smoothly and correctly. Upon accelerating the transmission shifted up into all 4 forward gears properly, and it seemed to be down shifting properly as we came to a stop. Upon applying the brakes the car stopped quickly, smoothly, and straight without noticeable pulsation. The car seemed to steer correctly and smoothly with the proper assist of the steering, and of the brakes. It was very comfortable and easy to drive, and again everything seemed to perform and operate as it should and was designed to.
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp
10% deposit ($1,000 minimum) must be received within three (3) days of the close of the auction and the balance due within 10 days of the auction. Extenuating circumstances may warrant us to revise the amount of deposit to protect the interest of the buyer and the seller.
Acceptable payment options:
Cash-in-person, verified by a bank
Bank to bank wire transfers to seller’s account
Cashier’s or bank check equivalent to cash
Interested buyers please call Chad Gumpp at 330-353-1750
Conditions of Sale:
Auto Connection is a 3rd party agent, assisting both buyers AND sellers. The vehicles they sell are from private owners and collectors, and they provide advertising, marketing, and consulting services for individuals and companies.
The Auto Connection representative has physically viewed the item being sold. The information comes from the seller and other research sources. Auto Connection is not responsible for any misrepresentation by the seller and/or errors in research results, including history statements of vehicle history, repairs, etc.
This vehicle is being sold AS IS and without a warranty, unless otherwise stated.
Information about serial numbers, engine numbers, and any other codes does not guarantee a vehicle’s authenticity. These codes and numbers are not guaranteed to be the same as the information on the vehicle ID or vin, trim tag, engine block, cylinder heads, transmission, differential, or other components within this vehicle. Auto Connection does not guarantee documentation, authenticity, repairs, mechanical work, titles, odometer discrepancies, matching numbers, stamped engines, casting numbers, or any other codes, tags, or numbers. The potential for reproduction paper documentation exists, as well as restamped engines and reproduced trim/data tags.
Auto Connection has described this vehicle to the best of their knowledge, but does not guarantee the accuracy of the description. Prospective buyers are encouraged to conduct their own due diligence, including a physical inspection of the vehicle in person, or through a qualified third party inspector/appraiser.
The vehicle will remain for sale until a buyer has placed a deposit on it. This deposit is nonrefundable with the exception of the vehicle being severely misrepresented by Auto Connection or the seller, or stipulated in the Bill of Sale.
It is possible that this vehicle will be sold at a higher price than the highest bid (before or after the auction ends), if the reserve is not met. After the sale (if reserve is met or not), Auto Connection must receive at least a 10% deposit (wire transfer or official bank or cashier’s check) within 3 days of the end of the auction (or the Bill of Sale is signed). The high bidder/buyer has 10 days from this time to send the balance in full or final payment and inspect the vehicle (or have a 3rd party professional inspection).
For the most part, the vehicle for sale is not “perfect”. It is unreasonable to assume that every single flaw in the paint, body, engine, etc. or any minor mechanical items (such as a light not working) be considered a reason to refuse the vehicle. Major rust/rot, undisclosed problems with the frame, etc. might constitute a legitimate reason for the buyer to refuse to follow through with the sale. In that situation, the seller and buyer will try to reach an agreeable solution.
The buyer acknowledges that he has had the opportunity to inspect the vehicle to verify it is as listed and represented. He accepts the vehicle with all advertised equipment, options and accessories in "AS IS" condition with any faults or defects. The buyer will bear all future costs of repairs or correcting any defects that exist or may occur in the future. The seller will have no responsibility or liability for any consequential damages or injury caused by any failure or malfunction of the vehicle or any components. This car is being offered for sale by owner. The buyer and seller acknowledge that if the transaction is consummated and a dispute occurs relating to the sale, the laws of Ohio (the state that the car is located/sold) govern the rights and duties under the agreement.
PLEASE READ THIS FIRST BEFORE YOU BID.
We reserve the right to verify any bids to ensure all bids are legitimate in order to protect the interest of the seller. You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle. If you do not intend to purchase this item, do not bid! Bidder must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on this vehicle. Unqualified Bidding, Bid Shielding, Auction Interference, and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We reserve the right to notify bidders and cancel this auction. We shall not be held liable for any such cancellation and/or closure. Bidder agrees to the jurisdiction of Ohio "Stark County" for all disputes. By bidding, bidder accepts all the terms and conditions above.
If you have any question concerning the auction please call 330-452-5788 or email Chad@AutoConnectioncars.com Auto Connection will make every effort to answer your questions promptly. Please ask questions BEFORE bidding.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
All Images and HTML are owned and copyrighted by Auto Connection for our express use and control. Anyone using our images or design without our express written authorization is in violation of Federal Law and eBay's rules and regulations. eBay will be notified and violators may be prosecuted by Federal Law.