Classic 1958 Corvette
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1958
- Mileage: 89,000
- VIN: J58S108879
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 350
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Cassette Player, CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1958 Chevrolet Corvette
This is NOT a numbers matching car, but I have done quite a few updates over the years to make it easier and more enjoyable to drive. I get looks and thumbs up everywhere I drive or show the car. It is not perfect - just awesome. It is time to pass on to a new owner who can continue to own, drive and have as much fun and memories as I have.
It is time to pass on to a new owner who can continue to own, drive and have as much fun and memories as I have.
• Newer 1980Chev 350 (slightly built) V8 engine (probably less than 10-15k miles)
• Turbo 350 Automatic (much easier to drive here in Seattle hills & traffic)
• New custom exhaust (2007)
• Crager Wheels and almost new BF Goodrich tires
• New Griffin Aluminum Radiator (2016)
• New water pump (2016)
• Completely rebuilt seats (2003) (springs, foam, covers)
• New front clip
• 1969 Daytona Yellow Corvette Clear Coat/Base Coat Paint
• Sanded down to bare fiberglass about (2003) - clean body other than front that has been replaced.
EXTREMELY RARE ORIGINAL BLACK CAR - NOT CHARCOAL!
This is one of the last â€˜58s built (July) and have proof that it actually was black. Confirmed by Nolan Adams, past Solid Axle Corvette Club President. He said at the time (2003) that he was only aware of 4 or 5 1958s that have been confirmed Black. Grease Pencil marking in Trunk from assembly line.
• Jim Meyer Racing Package (jimmeyerracing.com)
o Rack and Pinion IFS (independent front suspension)
o Front disc brakes
o Ididit Steering column (Original 1958 Steering Wheel)
- New weatherstrip set that needs installed.
- Carpet was replaced 2003, but is faded and could use to be replaced.
- Original 1958 only steering wheel with white horn button.
- I do not have the original Hard Top (this was only option - not convertible from factory).
- I do have a custom soft top that I will include.
- Includes original louvered/washboard hood, I do not have the trunk spears/irons (missing when I purchased car).
- Lots of miscellaneous original parts.Custom fit car cover (weather resistant).
- Books and manuals, including a couple magazines that have the car in it.
- Unknown original miles - speedometer quit working. I was told it probably will need a new speedo cable and the needle came off.
- When I changed water pump and plug (2016), the temp gauge quit working, needs new sensor cable.
- Chrome is in pretty good shape for most of it (I replaced some with NOS). Bumpers where painted when I bought, and if stripped will need re-chromed.
- Aftermarket speakers and Kenwood Stereo with 6 disc changer in trunk. Amps included, but not currently wired.
- I do have the arm rests, not installed.
- Underside could use a good cleaning and engine compartment cleaning/detailing.
- I am in Bothell, WA and would love to sell as soon as possible! Please come take a look at it and give it a new home.
- Clear WA state title, and original 1958 plates (collector plates that don't require new registrations yearly in WA).
- I am the 3rd owner! I bought her in 1999 from 2nd owner, who purchased her from original owner after coming back from Vietnam in 1970.
NO TRADES - I AM MOVING OUT OF COUNTRY AND CAN NOT TAKE EXTRA VEHICLES!
Required 10% nonrefundable deposit (can be via PAYPAL) within 24 hours of close of auction, Balance to be paid in full within 5 days of close of auction. Only accept certified funds, cash in person, bank wire transfers. No credit cards or personal checks. Buyer arranges and pays all shipping cost. All bidders should have all questions answered and loans pre-approved before bidding. Please note that I reserve the right to cancel and/or end any auction early (listed locally). Please don't ask for reserve price, if you want it - use BUY-IT-NOW Option.
**CAR MUST BE PICKED UP OR SHIPPED NO LATER THAN 14 DAYS AFTER END OF AUCTION**
Email firstname.lastname@example.org - or call 541-275-1898