1984 Chevrolet Caprice Wagon
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Caprice
- Type: Wagon
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 141,500
- VIN: 2G1AN35H4E9163049
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 305 (5.0L)
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Chevrolet Caprice1984 Chevrolet Caprice Wagon
Solid driver or great start for a project! 1984 Chevrolet Caprice Wagon with a 305 V8 and auto transmission with around 141,500 miles. It's a project that I got in the spring and have been working on and driving since then. It had sat for quite awhile when I got it, so it's had a fair amount of work done to get it back in drivable condition: new battery, new alternator, valve cover gaskets, plugs/wires, many vacuum lines, etc.
- Runs strong and drives/stops well
- Tires are decent and all hold air
- All lights and signals work
- All glass is good and all windows work (including the rear window)
- Body is very solid- Runs cool and cruises fine around town or at 70 on the freeway
The not so good:
- The paint was done at home and is nowhere near perfect. It looks ok but is definitely a 10 footer. I included a few "before" pics to show the condition. The original paint was completely hashed from sitting outside and could be rubbed off with a finger.
- Interior has wear consistent with age. It has some stains and missing trim but is complete and in decent shape. Headliner is missing.
- Transmission shifts feel mushy but it drives fine - it is a mid 80s GM auto, after all.
- It could use an exhaust. It's not too bad but is louder than stock.
- The windshield could use some new weatherstripping. It gets some drips in heavy rain.- The starter seems to be getting a little weak. Every now and then it will lag when cranking but it starts every time. If I have time I'll swap in a new starter. - A/C does not work. Everything is there but I haven't worried about using it and have not looked into what it may need.- I haven't tried the cruise control or power locks.
All in all it's a solid car in decent shape and a good platform for a project. Drive it as is, make a rat rod, or ?
Again, this is nowhere near a perfect car but it's solid. These box Caprice wagons are getting hard to find in complete and running/driving condition. I'm just looking to move on to another project that I have and could use the space.
Sold as is with no warranty expressed or implied. I'm not a mechanic and have described this to the best of my ability. If you have questions please ask - don't assume if something isn't listed. I'll respond to questions as quickly as I can. Anyone close to the area is more than welcome to come check it out in person. I'm happy to work with a shipper but all arrangements (including quotes) are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Pick up will be in Worthington, Ohio 43085 (about 10 minutes north of Columbus). Car must be paid for and picked up no later than 7 days after the end of the auction unless other arrangements have been made in advance. I reserve the right to end the auction early due to local sale. Clear Ohio title ready for transfer and I can assist with having it notarized.
Thanks for looking!On Sep-29-16 at 21:30:56 PDT, seller added the following information:
Just wanted to add some info in response to questions:
- Will it drive home?I can't offer any guarantees but I personally would be fine driving it. Not sure if I'd go cross country, but I've had it on some 3-4 hour trips and it's done fine. I would bring the normal road trip supplies but that's true of any older car.
- Will it pass inspection/smog?Wedon't have inspections in Ohio anddon'thave emissions tests in this part of the state so I can't say for sure. Mechanically it's fine, all glass is good, and all lights work. It may be old enough to be exempt depending on the location.
I have a few short videos (walk around, cold start, freeway drive) that I can send. Ifyou're interested, send me a message with an email address and I can send them directly.