1985 Volkswagen GTI,Orig Calififornia survivor(gli,scirocco,westfalia vr6 1990-2
Price: - Item location: Palos Verdes Peninsula, California, United States
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Golf
- SubModel: gti
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: GTI
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 80345
- VIN: 1vwdb0177fv074757
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 1.8
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: CD Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Volkswagen Golf GTIOriginal 1985 VW GTI In Great Shape, Clean California survivor with original paint and a VERY STRONG MOTOR!
- Original GTI 1985 interior in great shape
- Original Paint looks really nice
- Original California car 99% rust free (sold in 1985 at TIMMON's of LONG BEACH)
- Original MotorTrend 1985 car of the year sticker still in place
- Original Key, owners manual, sales brochure and more from 1985
- Original GTI 85 Bottle Cap wheels w/new tires
- Lots of recent work to make this car run strong! (Timing belt,New Battery, Brakes, tires, Fluids, tuneup, radiator, axles and more)
- Very solid car, Clean underside and well kept all around.
Very hard to find original Red/Black VW GTI w/sunset interior, Original paint has a nice shine, the motor pulls VERY STRONG with the engine recently getting gone through including TIMING BELT, radiator, plugs/wires,Brakes, Tires, New axle fluids and quite a bit more to make this car very road worthy. Odometer shows 120k but I have no way to verify other than the condition of the car, which is as nice as your going to see and shows little wear for being 35 years old .Car has new tires, brakes, belts and more...EVERYTHING WAS DONE LESS THAN 500 miles AGO.
- Interior: VERY NICE!!!!
See pics for condition and Im sure you will be impressed. Im happy to answer any questions on the car so feel free to email me via Ebay. I believe I covered most of it above but Im sure there are a few little thing here and there I may have forgot SO PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE! CA buyer responsible for any DMV costs while out of state buyers will have their own state to deal with so please check your local laws prior to bidding and ask all questions. all older cars need a little work from time to time and Im sure this one is no different, that being said I really think the next owner is going to enjoy this old VW. Cars like this are getting near impossible to find in nice shape.
Selling this one out of my personal collection. I love this car because it drives so strong and handle so well for an original 85. Hard to let this one go but we are building a guest house so I will no longer have a garage spot for it. Someone is going to get a VERY NICE ORIGINAL GTI...good luck
(keep an eye out as I may be selling a few more original 80's VW /AUDI cars in the near future).
I took this out for a drive today on 9/5/19 and had a great time: