1970 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE CUSTOM BAJA
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: BAJA PACKAGE
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 1,000
- VIN: 1102867922
- Color: GREEN
- Engine size: 1600 CC with Dual Webber Carbs
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Full 7-Piece "Wide Eyed Bug" Baja Kit, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic BAJA PACKAGE
1970 Volkswagen Baja Beetle - Frame-Off Custom -- $21,500 O.B.O.
The Greatest Baja You Will Ever Find!
I am only selling this car because I no longer have time to enjoy it. It is an awesome car that runs, drives, sounds and shows great!
This Baja has been taken above and beyond the level of quality of any Baja Beetle I have seen. The car has received a frame-off restoration and custom modifications from award winning rod and custom shop, Carlisle Customs & Classics, so it is as structurally sound as it is beautiful! This Baja is built to perform but is also so beautifullydone that it has been accepted at several exclusive custom shows... and it has even taken awards atthese shows despite the fact that all of the other vehicles in attendance were American street rods and muscle cars!
Over 675 Labor Hours (Not Including Engine Rebuild Labor) Invested in the Restoration & Customization of this 1970 Baja Bug!
When restored this Baja received all new floor pans, all rust was removed and new sheet metal panels were installed and fabricated.The frame was also taken down to the bare metal, reinforced, and painted gloss black. The entire under body of the vehicle was coated in a rust protective Rhino Liner which will also protect the metalpanels from road chips.The body and sheet metal received bodywork and were prepared, primed, and hand blocked three times before the car shell and parts were painted in PPG Hot Wheels Edition Synergy Green withpaintedBlack Marbleized Painted Racing stripes.
The entire suspension was built and upgraded with high performance springs and all around disc brakes by master mechanics and is painted gloss black to match the trim on the exterior of the car.
The engine was fully rebuilt and many suspension upgrades and a new Baja exhaust were installed.There are less than 1000 miles put on the car since the engine rebuild!
All new Bajainteriorwith black vinylracing seats, black rubber flooring and carpet, brand new black vinyl door panels, black front trunk compartment liner, Pioneer Radio/CD/Ipod stereo with Memphis Power speakers, brand new dash, gauges and steering wheel, and a custom built rear storage container with VW logo that conceals the battery and any tools or supplies you would want to take with you next time you take the car to the dunes or track!
The restoration was completed in 2010 and has since been garaged kept except when I brought it out to be displayed and awarded at several regional car shows.Although the car is built to be taken off road, I have not done any 'rough' driving in this car, and as such the car's exterior, interior, and undercarriage are as clean today asthe day that the restoration was completed.
Copies of the original bills, parts and labor invoices are available with the car for future reference and to document the more than $50,000 invested in this super custom, award-winning Baja Beetle! Also included is a full photo-book of the restoration from start to finish.
No expense or option was spared when I built this car, my loss can be yourgainas you could not build this car for the price I am selling it.
- All New Floor Pans & Sheet Metal Throughout
- Custom VW 7 PIECE "WIDE EYE" BAJA BUG KIT from Chirco Performance & Restoration
- Double Tube Front Push Bar Bumper with Fog Lights
- VW Baja Rear Bumper Cage Shock Mount & Rear Push Bar Bumper
- VW BajaBug Racing Side Bars Nerf Bars Off Road Style Pair
- 15 X 7 inch Black Pacer Wheels with BFGoodwrench P225/60R15Radial T/A tires (FRONT)
- 15 X 7 inch Black Pacer Wheels with BFGoodwrench P245/60R15Radial T/A tires (REAR)
- PPG Synergy Green Paint on Body
- Painted Gloss Black Marbleized Racing Stripes & Gloss Black Trim
- Frame Painted Gloss Black
- Undercarriage of Car coated with rhino-liner to protect from rust & chips
- Dark Tinted Windows
- Mini Spyder Style Side View Mirror
- New Rubber Seals & Weather Stripping
- New Window Felts
- New Seals
- All New Interior & Dash
- Brand New Gauges
- Black Vinyl Baja RS Reclining Suspension Seats from Chirco with Black Lap On Sliding Seat Frame
- 3 Point Shoulder & Lap Racing Seat Belts
- Black Powder Coated VW Nerf Bars
- Black Headliner
- Black Rubber Flooring
- Black Vinyl Door Panels
- Custom Built and Integrated Black Storage Trunk with VW emblem
- Front Trunk Compartment Vinyl Liner
- Pioneer Stereo with AM/M/CD/IPOD
- Memphis Power Reference 3.5 Inch COAX Speakers (PAIR)
- Memphis Power Reference 4X10 2-WAY SPEAKERS (PAIR)
- 14-Inch Grant GT 4-Spoke Steering Wheel
- Tall Shifter T-Handle Aluminum for VW Bugs
- Chrome Emergency Brake Handle
- Fully Rebuilt Rear Volkswagen 1600 cc Engine with Dual Webber Carbs and Baja Package
- Stock Manual Transmission
- All New Black Baja Exhaust
- All New Baja Suspension Including Disc breaks
- New Springs
- New Brake Lines
- New Steering Box
- New Trans Mount
- New Clutch Cable
- New Accelerator Cable
- New Sway Bar Bushing Kit
- New Tie Rods
- Chrome Heat Shroud
- New Oil Filter Pump
Please call Vinny at (717) 226-3393 to discuss the car in more detail or set up a time to come and see or test drive this amazing 1970 VW Baja Beetle!
Visit My eBay Store: Carlisle Customs and Classics