1977 Volkswagen Super Beetle Convertible Champagne Edition 1 of 1000
Price: - Item location: Marietta, Georgia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- SubModel: Super Beetle
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Champagne Edition
- Engine size:1600 DP
- Number of cylinders:4
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Champagne EditionBreak out the CHAMPAGNE! Are you ready to DISCO?
Put your gold hi-heels on and step back to 1977 in this pristine time machine! Beep-beep! Doot-doot!
This exceptionally rare, special edition VW is in excellent condition and runs strong. EVERYTHING WORKS. Everything looks fantastic!
This VW had a professional "frame-off" restoration ~6 years ago, including SE-correct (code L90B) Alpine White paint, complete new floorpans, and rebuilt engine. But reportedly when the FI computer died, it was stored and forgotten about. This was done before I purchased it, so I cannot verify mileage and therefore declare it TMU.
Over the last 6 months, I personally have given it a refresh, and honestly, THE STYLE IT DESERVES. I'm not a salesperson, I "save old VWs" because I love them. Anything dirty has been polished; anything broken has been repaired or replaced. New brakes, bearings, ignition system, exhaust, clutch, cables, bulbs, fuses, relays, etc. etc. The problematic FI system has been removed and a new carb retrofitted. The seized odometer has been rebuilt and now reads <500 miles.
Unique NEW features include:
* Tan fabric top and padding
* Hand-sewn tweed interior accents
* Retro-look rotary-knob stereo w/ remote and BlueTooth (connects to any smartphone)
* OE-style cigarette lighter / power port (USB adapter included)
* Chrome n' black-themed shifter knob, door, and e-brake handles
* Retro-look BRONZE window tint @ 32%
* Real MIRROR BALL creating the "disco effect" on the headliner when the sun hits it!
* BF Goodrich Silvertown Radials, 165R15s w/ period-correct 3/4" WHITEWALLS on "Lemmerz" road wheels (w/ wheel locks)
* 6" yellow Auxiliary Lights with OEM switch (sourced from Porsche 924)
* Oatmeal loop carpet in trunk, cabin, and rear luggage "well"
* SoundStream 6" components in custom fiberglass kick panels
* 8" amplified subwoofer cabinet in rear w/ remote control in glove box
* Windshield w/ OE seal and aluminum molding
* Black fabric top "boot" cover
* VW Bug-sized car cover
* Retro-style tool kit and jack
* Tow Bar Kit
* Authentic vintage German export license plates, including rear "hang tag" for VW shows!
A brief history:
There was only ONE Champagne Edition Convertible delivered to each VW dealer in the US only. Currently there are ~650 dealerships, it is suggested there were less than 1000 in '77. They were supposed to be the last year for the convertible, but VW managed to delay emissions restrictions two more years, pushing as many '78 & '79 models as they could squeeze out of the Karmann factory. There were no other special editions in the '77 production year. So YES, THESE MAY BE THE RAREST VW SPECIAL EDITION CONVERTIBLES EVER.
Read more about the Champagne Edition here: 1977 VW Champagne Edition
Any questions, please ask. This VW is available to view just north of Atlanta, and is advertised for sale locally, so the listing may end at any time. If you enjoy cute, fun, and extremely rare items, this is the Bug for you! Bid to win!
MORE PICS? See over 60 giant detailed photos of this car here: '77 Champagne Edition For Sale