1965 Superformance MKIII 427 Cobra - LOADED - ROUSH 427IR - less than 500 Miles!
- Make: Shelby
- Model: Cobra
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 415
- VIN: SP03238
- Color: Navy Blue
- Engine size: Roush 427 IR
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Shelby Cobra
Up for sale is this simply stunning, fully loaded Superformance MKIII 427 S/C Cobra finished in the rare color combination of Navy Blue w/ Viper Steel Gray Twin Stripes. It is powered by the incredible fully polished Roush 427IR which is harnessed by a Tremec TKO600 Trans which was all professional installed by one of Superformance's certified installers Crown Concepts in Tucson, AZ. There are a mere 415 miles currently on the clock - most are engine break in and transportation miles).
Total Cost for the Roller/Parts/Installation/Shipping = just north of $120K - here is your chance to own a fully loaded, basically brand new Superformance MKIII for less than 20K off retail and not have to wait 4+ months for one to arrive from the factory.
Included w/ the purchase will be the following:
1) Fully Documented Install of the Engine/Trans/Misc. Parts by Crown Concepts - this is a full binder with photos/details
2) The New Jersey Title (it is currently title only in NJ, not registered)
3) The Original MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin) - which is issued directly from Superformance
4) Every/All Invoice
The Superformance brand Cobra needs no introduction. It is THE ONLY Officially Licensed by Shelby replica on the market. Unlike others out there, these are factory built, and engineered from the ground up - as in, there are no "donor frames" or "rear ends" put on these. To date, according to Corporate, there are now over 3600 MKIIIs around the world - which is pretty incredible!
*All Superformance MKIII's feature a high performance aluminum radiator with twin electric fans that are thermostatically controlled. Also included this MKIII's is a period correct oil cooler with shroud and fittings. All Superformance MKIII's come standard with aluminum Limited Slip Differentials and Power Disc 4 Piston Wilwood Brake
Here are the details - again, this was a no expense spared build, everything was done at the direction of Mark, the Sales Manager of Hillbank Motor Corporation in Arizona - which is the official retail arm of Superformance & Shelby CSX products
The 'rolling chassis' was purchased 6/27/2018 from Hillbank Motor Corporation in Arizona, it is ChassisSP03238. The chassis features the following factory options/upgrades:
- Soft Top
- Tonneau Cover
- Silver Ceramic Headers
- Silver Ceramic Side Pipes
- Polished Stainless Steel Header Tank
- Glove Box
- Fuel Swirl Pot
- Polished Quick Jacks
- 18" Fully Polished American Racing Wheels w/ Nitto NT555 Tires
Total Price for the 'Rolling Chassis' w/ Upgrades = $70,416.00
I then opted to go with a Roush powerplant - I purchased, directly from Roush, the Superformance MKIII specific 427IR (Polished) engine which produces 560HP/540lbs./ft.
The Roush Part Number is RESF-427IRP-C - per their Invoice:
- Engine Package (w/ Front Sump Oil Pan)
- Includes FAST XFI Sportsman management system w/ unique Roush calibration, MSD distributor w/ wire harness, high output fuel pump & bracket, 8-stack throttle bodies & intake manifold w/ high flow injectors and fuel rails, heated O2 sensor, 8 K&N air filters, 4340 forged crank shaft, 4340 H-bean rods, forged pistons, Roush CNC ported aluminum cylinder heads, hydraulic roller camshaft, roller rocker arms, Roush logo valve covers, SFI rated steel flywheel, 8 qt. front sump oil pan, Power master starter motor. Engine is machine, balanced, assembled, and dyno tested
- MKIII FEAD = MKIII Front FEAD to included high output alternator, brackets, spacers, pulleys, belt
- UG-FP = Full Polish Option
Total Price for the Engine/Shipping = $28, 475.00 plus shipping costs
Both the 'rolling chassis' & the Roush engine were then both sent to Crown Concepts in Tucson Arizona - they are a certified Superformance dealer & installer - and specialize in high performance installations
Crown Concepts Install/Misc. Parts/Transmission (Tremec TKO600) is fully documented w/ pictures in a "build binder" that will be included with the purchase - no expense was spared on the installation.
- Tremec TKO 600 Transmission
- McLeod Twin Disc Clutch
- Quick Time Bell Housing
- Hydraulic Throw Out Bearing
- Flywheel, Steel, 157 Tooth, 17,500lbs
Total Price for the Install/Misc. Parts/Transmission = $17,695.00
Delivery was taken late October 18' by its original owner (I am the 2nd owner) - unfortunately, the Cobra was too "much" (aka powerful for him) thus, I acquired it from him.
In additional to all that was mentioned in the listing, in June of 2019, I commissioned one of Roush's main techs to fly out to New Jersey to completely dial in the engine and reprogram the computer so that it was performing exactly how it is designed/built to perform.Additionally, I had the entire car paint corrected and coated.
I am asking $99,925.00 (obo) - I am willing to accept Cash, Certified Bank Check, Wire Transfer.
Shipping/Pick up is the responsibility of the buyer - the Cobra is currently being stored in my climate-controlled garage in Jersey.