1963 Superformance MKII 289 Slabside Cobra "Rolling Chassis"
- Condition: New
- Make: Replica/Kit Makes
- Model: 289 Slabside Cobra
- Color:British Racing Green
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Replica/Kit Makes 289 Slabside CobraHillbank Motor Corporation is THE leading supplier for a whole range of "replicas". We have two Corporate locations - one in Irvine, California and the other in Tempe, Arizona. At each location, we have over 40 Superformance, Shelby (CSX), and Caterham products on display. Each of the products we offer are FACTORY BUILT, OFFICIALLY LICENSED, AND METICULOUSLY ENGINEERED allowing our customers the peace of mind that comes from making a sound investment.
This listing is for a BRAND NEW Superformance MKII Slabside Cobra "Rolling Chassis" finished in British Racing Green w/ Black German Leather Interior
***Please NOTE - a ROLLING CHASSIS is a Factory Built Car from us MINUS ENGINE/TRANSMISSION.
TheSuperformance MKII Slab Sidedistinctly original
The MKII Slab Side is a sanctioned continuation of the original Shelby Cobra 289 that first appeared in 1962. The power from a 289 is considered a sweet spot and very usable. This authentic design is a proven race winner and demands respect. Loyal to the original lines and proper nostalgic characteristics of the 1962 American race winningCobra FIA, this car is a perfect mate for heart-racing 289 motor and a more modern Tremec TKO transmission. A gentleman's car pure in every detail without screaming track car, but sounding and handling like one.
Unlike most competitors, the MKII Slab Side is built on the successful Tojeiro-styled round tube chassis and features an authentic transverse leaf spring suspension to give owners an exceptionally authentic driving experience. Through our exclusive agreement with Carroll Shelby, the MKII Slab Side is the latest licensed Shelby product in the Superformance lineup.
STANDARD from Factory:
- Hand laminated fiberglass body with reinforcing inserts, Aesthetically and dimensionally correct body painted with two stage show quality paint finish
- Original style indicator lenses and head lights
- Original style Bumperettes with Hoops
- Original style hand crafted windshield frame chrome over brass & windshield wipers
- Original style 15” Wire Wheel rims with spinners
- Moto- Lita wood steering wheel original design.
- Adjustable Driver’s seat
- Carpeted interior and trunk
- Classic Stewart Warner gauges
- Original style pedals, catches, fittings, shifter and hand brake lever
- Sun Visors, Side fitted wind wings with driver’s side and rear view mirrors
Original style latch and lock seat belts
- Chassis and Suspension:
- Heavy duty TIG welded ladder frame chassis with crumple zones
- Fully independent front and rear suspension with half shafts and ZF Limited Slip Differential
- Brakes, shocks and cooling:
- Wilwood® power-assisted vented disc brakes (Calipers: Front-4-pot & Rear-Single-pot)
- Bilstein® custom crafted shocks
- Aluminum, single core hi-performance radiator, shroud, dual fans, oil cooler and braided lines
- Aluminum finished firewall which dissipates engine heat
- Monza style filler with Locking gas cap
- 14 gallon pressure tested stainless steel fuel tank
- Headers for a Ford based 302 Windsor V8 engine
- Licensing/ Registry/ Owners Clubs:
- Only Cobra Reproduction licensed through Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.
- Superformance forum (SCOF) & Superformance registry where sales are recorded to preserve value of car
Rolling Chassis: British Racing Green with Black Interior Price $63,900
INCLUDED FACTORY Options:
- Under car exhaust system and headers for a small block Ford $1,750
- Ceramic coating on exhausts and headers $1,175
- Fresh Air Vents $1,590
- Door map pockets $675
- Heater/Defroster $1,450
- Soft top and side curtains $2,595
- Tonneau cover $1,150
- Leather Seating Surface $1,150
- Grab handle $295
- Dealer Prep & Destination Charges $1,000
Total Price of Rolling Chassis: $76,730
If you do not see the color that you are interested listed, please send us a message, our "IN STOCK" inventory rotates almost weekly - or - a bespoke one can be ordered from our factory for you at any time.