G-Body SC TARGA -- Original GRAND PRIX WHITE Color
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- Type: Targa
- Trim: Targa
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 20000
- VIN: WP0EA0913BS160508
- Color: White
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Porsche 911 Targa
TARGA RESTOMOD / OUTLAW / HOT ROD -- $160k IN RECEIPTS!!! -- GRAND PRIX WHITE
This car is not a cliche backdate, RSR recreation or some ridiculous race car fantasy!It is an attempt to be faithful to the clean original look while significantly improving stock performance.I would boast that itis perhaps one of the best-looking G-Body Targas on planet Earth! This car gets lots of attention on the road and the city!
The project started in 2010. Most of the heavy lifting was done in 2011 and 2012. But the project continued on and off for an additional 10 years. All the work was done at Formula Motorsports, whom have been serving Porsche exclusivelysince 1966 in the NYC area. The car was perhaps in their shop a cumulative 2.5 years. Most of the parts used were Porsche OEM, some of which are very difficult to find nowadays.
This is raw car with a very strong sensation of speed. Although not powerful by modern standards, doing 100 mph in this vehicle feels like +180 mph in modern cars. It is very visceral experience and sometimes just downright scary.
Never Tracked. Even though the current setup would do very well on the track, I have never done so. Honestly, I find driving down back-road with the top down much more thrilling.
Restomod vs Survivor Car. I have been down this road. If you buy an original car with lots of miles, you will drown yourself in bills over time and still not have anything of value. If you are lucky to get one with super low miles, you cannot drive it since it will destroy the intrinsic value... If you want to have fun and maintain value, you buy a restomod!
* Receipts - Total of nearly $160k from the project beginning.
* If done today, the total cost would easily exceed +$250k (with labor and parts inflation)
* Recent receipts total over $14k.
* Booklet with Service Records from previous owners going back to 1993
* Full Engine Rebuild
* PMO Carbs replacing the CIS
* Transmission Rebuild - including adding SHORT GEARS and Limited Slip
* Aftermarket free-flowing exhaust with a very unique note
* Upgraded Oil Cooler system
* High Tension Torsion Bars and Bilstein shocks
* Horsepower estimate of 225 to 245 (but never actually measured on a dyno)
* Pages and pages of new parts replaced with OEM Porsche (some NOS)
* Re-paint of the entire exterior in original Grand Prix White
* Sport Seats from the SONDERWUSCH Program - extremely rare and valuable!
* High-Quality Upgraded Black Interior Leather
*RS Door Panels
* Focal Subwoofer and Speakers
* Tastefully painted Fuchs Wheels
* Aluminum Floorboard and Pedals
* Radar Detector power lines installed into windshield
MILEAGE: 20k since engine and transmission rebuild
120k on the chassis
THIS IS A VERY WELL-SORTED CAR - It has been examined thoroughly. All mechanical issues have been addressed with 4 recent services totaling $14k - including a new starter, refurbishing of fan housing, new battery, repair of gearbox (which required engine-out), valve adjustment, cleaning of carbs, repair of odometer, and replacement of spark plugs and front-driver side tire.
For the sake of transparency, there are a few remaining minor cosmetic issues that I recently discovered:
* Scratch to the driver-side, front Fuchs and tire.
* Drive-side Door: Paint chips on the edge.
* Small Rock chip on the hood.
* Some paint chips near fog light area
SOME OF THESE MIGHT BE ADDRESSED BEFORE THE SALE. THE REST CAN BE DISCUSSED.
LIEN - There is a loan from JJ Best that I took out in late 2018 to keep my wife happy. Her complaint was "you have so much money in your car, Blah Blah Blah". I got tired of hearing the BS. haha!
ESCROW.COM - we will use this site to complete the sale. They will handle the payout of the loan and transfer of the title, so there will be no issues.
WHY AM I SELLING? After a 12-year love affair, it is finally time to let her go. I hardly use the car anymore; and, my wife and I are discussing kids soon. This car was customized to be driven aggressively and not sit around.
LOCATION- Car is kept covered in a self-enclosed single garage in Jersey City, NJ.
https://youtu.be/97ipPpvV8w0 (Walkaround - top down and interior)
https://youtu.be/kWGEYtX2sAo (â€œSpirited Drivingâ€ on a NJ Highway)
https://youtu.be/37qtbnUTzzA (Exhaust sound in Holland Tunnel - sorry about the poor quality)
https://youtu.be/hG6mSJ-zLoE (Cold Start)
OWNER CONTACT INFO:
Call or Text: 917-719-3609
[ I will return all messages on Saturday after 9pm EST]
Please feel free to contact FORMULA MOTORSPORTS with questions as well: