1957 Porsche 356 A Speedster 1.6 Convertible Red RWD Manual
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 356 A Speedster 1.6
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 35600
- VIN: 117223443
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 1.6
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 Porsche 356 A Speedster 1.6Vehicle Details
1957 Porsche 356 1600 Reutter Cabriolet replica
This is a 1957 Porsche Speedster, was reportly built and ordered from Classic Motor Carriages of Miami, Florida in 1988 Registered as
a 1967 VW convertable and told to have remained with the family of the original owner until aquired from me. The vehicle features
fiberglass body panels finished in red, fitted over a Volkswagen chassis, and power comes from a 60hp 1600cc motor with a four-speed manual transaxle.
Features include excellent condition black seat upholstery with no rips or blems. A new new tan canvas Convertible Top and a new tan canvas Tonneau
was installed as you can see pictured, invested a little over $13k on normal proper maintaince and updates in the last 3 months.
Currently reads 35,650 miles and has a clean New York title.
This speedster drives straight, runs good, and a blast to drive.
DriveTrain and motor:
- 1.5-liter flat-four w/ single carb as motor VIN number # AE512286
- 4 speed manual with a new installed clutch, including throwout, and piolet bearing
- short throw Skat pack shifter
- New valve cover seals and valve adjusments.
- Rebuild carbartor model#34OICT-3 along with a new gas tank.
- New Starter
- New Alternater
- New axle boot kit
- New battery and covered case kit.
- All new weatherstripping seals ( doors / Trunk / engine bay )
- All new fluids ( brake fliud / tranny / and enginer oil)
- New fuel lines on gas new tank to carb including 2 fuel filters ( one after tank and one before carb )
- new Crome petals (gas/brake/clutch)
- New wiper blades
- Lecarra Steering wheel
- 4 Brand new bfgoodrich tires and wheel alignment.
- Detailed and sound proofed crome engine bay.
- distributor was upgraded to electronic HIE including 8.8 MSD wires and MSD6AL ingnission system for top spark performance.
- Quiet exhaust system and aftermarket muffler
- new Disc brakes in front including new pads for back also.
- New halogen Headlights, all new bulbs including new tail lens covers and rubber boots.
- All gauges work as they should including the wipers,directional signals, and horn.
- Floor pans are in great condition as you can see and interior floors are dynomatted for sound retention.
- This just passed a full New York State inspection.
- Comes with 2 sets of keys.
- Includes two new crome 5" yellow fog lights as I didn't get to install.
Everything works, doors close securly along with the trunk and engine lid.
This Speedster replica is offered with some orginal manufacturerâ€™s literature, service records, and a clean New York title.
Paint is about an 8 (10 best). from distance but a 6 as you get close with a few chips and sun wear and could use new paint
I was planning to put fuel injection in but the carb could use better tune. The only thing missing is the side windows but you can get them from a vendor.