1971 PORSCHE 911 T Coupe Orange 5-Speed Manual CAR Vehicle Automobile NO RESERVE
Price: - Item location: Burnt Hills, New York, United States
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 911
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: T
- Year: 1971
- Mileage: 200
- VIN: 9111110600
- Color: Tangerine Orange
- Engine size: 2.2 L
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1971 Porsche 911 T1971 Porsche 911 T Coupe Tangerine Orange 5-Speed Manual CAR Vehicle Automobile
being offered at a NO RESERVE auction
This car has been my husband's restoration hobby project for the last 20 years. It has been a constant presence in our garage where it has enjoyed nothing but solitude, admiration and a few years of loving touch. We have decided due to time constraints, and an impending move, to sell the car, which in its current state is NOT running and has been modified to a "track performance car."It is still a "project" and needs a new owner who could finish this, or restore it to its original condition. New Yorkis a non-Title state for cars produced before 1973. Therefore, only a New York transferable Registration will be given with this car. So don't pay any attention to their "Clear Title" box. THIS CAR DOES NOT HAVE A TITLE.
Vehicle has original matching motor and transmission. Motor was rebuilt over 10 years ago and has since seen less than 200 miles on it.Body was professionally repainted the original Tangerine color over 10 years ago also. Car's body has 100,612 miles on odometer. The clutch and flywheel were both replaced years ago and again have less than 200 miles on them. Car shifts smoothly without issues.
Issues:The car does not run in its current state. The motor works but the car cannot be driven. One of the fuel lines is off and another may be torn or corroded? This car had its original carburetors exchanged for an electronic fuel injection system. The EFI system needs to be professionally tuned (there are components and wiring on top of the floor of the car as my husband tried to tune this himself without success.) There are some small components missing in the interior dash (radio gone, small trim pieces, ect). Unsure if the heat/AC work. Hardtop fiberglass roof is NOT original to the car and is not an OEM part (it needs to be refinished). Seats are not OEM Porsche (these are Saab seats). Interior door skins were replaced and recovered. Interior was re-carpeted. No floor mats.
Modifications and Work List Performed on this Porsche:
# 600 VIN (1971)ï‚· Serial matching engine and transmission (original).ï‚· Engine rebuilt 18+ years ago with less than 200 miles on it.ï‚· Custom Welded 6 point roll cage insideï‚· Custom Welded front strut tower barï‚· Installed aftermarket Supertrapp Mufflerï‚· Cylinders bored 0.5 mm over original specsï‚· J&E pistons (higher compression)ï‚· Solex camshaftsï‚· Updated oil fed chain tensionersï‚· EFI conversion using Megasquirt II & EFI Analytics softwareï‚· MSD ignitionï‚· Weltmeister torsion bars (23 mm front/ 28 mm rear)- the car is Very low to the ground with about 1" of clearance.ï‚· Weltmeister Sway barsï‚· 16X7 OEM Fuches (front), 15X8 OEM Fuches (rear)ï‚· Fiberglass front bumperï‚· Steel rear decklid with fiberglass ducktailï‚· ST rear fiberglass flaresï‚· Steel rear bumpersï‚· Very solid floorsï‚· New inner and outer rockersï‚· New lock post panelsï‚· Car has been driven less than 200 miles in 23 yearsï‚· Always garage keptï‚· Professional paint to original colorï‚· New brake pads and rebuilt calipers
STEPS NEEDED TO COMPLETE SALE of this PORSCHE:
1. winner of auction will pay a $500 IMMEDIATE Non-Refundable DEPOSIT through Paypal
2. I WILL CALL YOU ON THE PHONE to DISCUSS PAYMENT AND TO FINALIZE SALE
3. Payment Method will be Determined by You- Full Payment will be expected within 7 days of auction endPreferable Payment: Wire Transfer the Balance Due to my Bank (I will give you the routing and account number after purchase).Second Option: Certified Bank Check made payable to me sent in the USPS mail or FedEx. Funds will take a 10 day hold until they clear.Third Option: Balance Due Sent through Paypal
4. Once funds have cleared, I WILL CALL YOU BACK to help you SET UP VEHICLE SHIPPING.I will give you the name of a reputable vehicle shipping/transport company that I have personally worked with in the past. They provide excellent service and will pick up the car in my location and deliver it to your door- you call the shipping carrier and you pay the shipping cost. Rough estimates : $2000 to ship across country (from here in New York to anywhere on the West Coast), $1200 from New York to mid-West locations, $800 from Ohio-New York, cheaper as you get closer to New York.
5. My Porsche leaves me and it's on its way to meet the new owner...YOU!
If you have any questions, please ASK -Thanks for looking