1974 Firebird Formula with 2 engines. Single owner for the past 47 years
Price: - Item location: Hollywood, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Firebird
- SubModel: Formula
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Formula
- Year: 1974
- Mileage: 41250
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 2 engines - a 400 and the original 350
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: AC, 2 Engines, AM/FM/8-Track, PB, PS
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1974 Pontiac Firebird Formula1974 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350. Same owner since 1976; this was my first car and it comes with 2 great running engines:
1) A 400 cu.in.custom built engine and exhaust with less than 5,000 miles is installed. This engine has a mild cam, headers, and electronic ignition. A new carb and fuel pump was installed in Dec of 2022. This is a very strong running engine. Probably 400+ hp, but never put on a dyno.
2) The original matching number 350 cu. in. engine is included with a stand. The original engine in good working condition. Rebuilt, lubed for storage and put on engine stand about 15 years ago for long-term storage. Zero miles since rebuild.
This is a factory 4-speed manual with PS, PB, AC, AM-FM 8-Track, 15" Cragar mags, high-ratio rear end, and all Hotchkis suspension. Recent total brake overhaul (drums, rotors, cylinders & pads) in Dec of 2022.
The exterior is very clean (never in an accident) and the paint is great. Garage kept since repainting around 2003. Trans-Am body gear installed. Seats and carpet are just OK and the window insulation needs replacing. Trunk lid needs new gas cylinder sized to hold lid with spoiler. The AM/FM/8-track plays but need work and the AC has not been charged with Freon for years, so it might also need work. For about 20 years, the 2nd gear synchronizer sometimes catches when downshifting. Aside from that, this is an honest car that I've owned and loved for nearly 5 decades. Now sadly, it needs a new home.