1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 6.6L (403) Automatic T-Tops
Price: US $9,500.00 Item location: Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 100,000
- VIN: 2W87K9L119204
- Color: White
- Engine size: 6.6 litre
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Rear Defoger, Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: T-Tops
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Pontiac Trans AmUp for auction is our 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 6.6L (olds 403 motor) Automatic Trans, T-Tops, power window, door locks, rear defoger, new 17" x 9 year one snowflake wheels and new tires, Headers, Edlebrock Alum intake and carb.
This car is a daily driver, and it has been for the past 1 1/2 years with no major issues, cruises right down the highway and i would drive it just about anywhere - Mechanically sound with all new brakes.
Engine, transmission and rear axle all sound, new outer tie rods, front shocks (have new rear shocks as well not installed yet), new sway bar bushings, new door seals, and T-top seals.
Paint is about 6 out of 10, prep work is disappointing, could have been much better, paint is on there good but you can see defects, scratch marks, old dents and dings that weren't fully prepped before painting by previous owner.
This is an AC car and I have the compressor and Brackets, but is not currently installed, was removed to install headers, and i'm not sure if it works or not, will need new hoses to condenser.
Has rust holes in the trunk - needs patched, Gas tank leaks when full - i think the rust spot in the trunk is directly over the pin holes in the top of the tank, never bothered us we just filled 3/4's and drove it.
Previous owner installed floor pan patch panels on both Drivers and Passengers sides.
This is not a fully restored $35,000 Trans Am - it's a $10K daily driver version with a lot of potential for restoration if you want to take it there, please review pictures carefully. I'm going to try and list everything as best i can, The pictures of this car represent it very well, it's hard to get detailed pictures of defects to show up.
It needs a complete interior restoration - Interior was originally tan, previous owner tried to convert it to Black - not successfullyDeluxe cloth interior, has new Dash Cap, new Carpet, new outer window felts installed, (I have the inner window felts but waiting on the new door panels so they come with it in the package).
- Front seats (current are out of a later model TA) - needs original seats or keep what's in there and drive it as is.
- center console
- will need most plastic pieces are deteriorated and a few missing.
- rear seat needs recovered
- Door panels - have originals but not installed (dyed black)
- May need power window regulators - or windows adjusted properly?
- Needs some wiring work on the factory GM window switch and locks plastic harness clips - works intermittently, wiggle wires on the connector and it works again - need connectors replaced.
- Speedo does not work
- I have the original Radiator but it had a pin hole, we swapped it with an aftermarket.
- The fan shroud is missing as is the Clutch fan - could use these items as well. (when driving in local cruise nights in hot Arkansas weather it get's a little warmer than it used to with the original Radiator).
- Needs the factory brake line for the right front - runs along engine cradle from the MC to the right front wheel.
- Glasspacks stop at rear axle (I have the factory tips, needs exhaust finished over the axle).
Please review pictures carefullyAsk any and all questionsMore than welcome to come inspect and drive in fort smith, Arkansas
$500 PayPal deposit required at end of auction, balance due in cash or PayPal at the time it's picked up. No Checks, plenty of ATM's and banks locally to get the cash. I will take a cashiers check but we it will clear before the car leaves my possession.
No shipping available but if paid for upfront, i'll help any way i can within reason to help get the car to your carrier, or you can drive it home.