1988 Pontiac Fiero GT...Yellow with all options and 2999.9 Original Miles!
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Fiero
- SubModel: GT
- Type: MID ENGINE COUPE
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 2,999
- VIN: 1G2PG1192JP216782
- Color: 1 0F 286 YELLOW GT'S IN 88
- Engine size: 2.8 LITRE 6 CYLINDER
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: LUMBAR SUPPORT (RARE), Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT1988 PONTAIC FIERO GT (YELLOW) DRIVEN FROM DEALER AND PARKED FOR 28 YEARS!
I'm assisting my 81 father in selling many items including his like new 88 Fiero GT.This car was purchased by my father in 1988 in Kansas while he was living in CA. Car was driven from Kansas tois legitimately as close to a "Barn Find" as you can get. The car is located on my fathers ranch in Kalispell Montana in a climate controlled shop with barn doors behind the Fiero. (As we all know that Barn find description is thrown around loosely)This is IMO a new car, one drive and put away. We believe the car hasgreat collector value if you consider the circumstances and the rarity of this car in addition to the fact that Pontiac is defunct... This is an extremely rare situation as you car guys and collectors know!
The backstory is my father and all of our family moved from CA at about the time he bought the car in 1988. My father has always been a sport-scar guy and ex racer. He had just bought his Montana rural property and drove the car on a 2900 plus mile road-trip from the dealer to his new home / ranch in Montana. (To boot my dad says he never encountered rain on the trip.) Being a ranch with a long dirt road the Fiero was parked and never driven again. (I tried to talk him out of it for years but to no avail.) Now he needs the income and I have offered to sell for him as he is not tech savvy.
DISCLAIMER... As a disclaimer I'm his son and live in SLC Utah. I have no access other than the photo's I have posted from a recent trip. THECAR IS 100% AS IS AND ALL SALES ARE FINAL. I can arrange through my father a certified mechanics inspection if you desire? (At purchasers expense)The car was started about 10 years ago as per my father and run for several minutes in the shop and all functions appeared to be fine. Car was stored with fuel stabilizer but at my direction to my father I recommended that we not start the car and the new owner should have the option to oversee the process coming out of storage. (Battery, drain fuel, new fuel filter, oil and filter change, tires if deemed necessary etc.)
Your looking at:
- A one owner 1988 Yellow Fiero GT never titled and still has the dealer cards in thelicense plate location and MSO taped by dealer to the window.
- I have been told one of 280-290 yellow produced in 88 (286 I believe to be exact)
- My be 1 of 1 with leather, sunroof and rare power lumbar support!
- My father states the car has all options and despite all paperwork being available (See Pictures) no window sticker was located on my trip but may be in a file as per my father.
- Car has not been started as per my description above
- Car has not been detailed however interior is immaculate and brand new literally.
- Car may be missing drivers side floor mat
- Car needs battery and suggested maintenance in the description above prior to start up... (I'm a car guy and that would be my protocol)
- Small chip near fuel filler
- Some possible storage scuffs but no significant damage I could observe when I uncovered and took the photos
- I noticed rear molding behind drivers side rear is a little loose.
SHIPPING: At the new owners expense and purchaser will need to coordinate all details. The car will need to have a flat bed sent to property to remove from shop prior to loading on to your shippers truck. My father is 81 and not physically strong enough to assist but can meet and coordinate as needed.
On Sep-20-17 at 16:29:49 PDT, seller added the following information:
P.S. I was notified that only 241 Yellow were produced as compared to the # in my description. I don't have access to the RPO codes unfortunately as I am in SLC and the Fiero is at my fathers in Montana...On Sep-21-17 at 21:04:02 PDT, seller added the following information:
Additionally... Car has never been titled, I intended to illustrate within the description however, neglected to do so. My father is in possession of the MSO as it was delivered to him from the George Ballas Dealership in Kansas in 1988.