1965 Pontiac GTO Tri-Power Special Order Tiger Gold Power Steering Power Brakes
Price: - Item location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: GTO
- SubModel: Tri-Power Tiger Gold Special Order
- Type: Hardtop
- Trim: Tri-Power Tiger Gold Special Order
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 237375Z129625
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: 389 V8
- Power options: --
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: Hardtop
- Interior color: Parchment
- Options: --
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Pontiac GTO Tri-Power Tiger Gold Special Order1965 Pontiac GTO Hardtop
Most car people know the legend of John Delorean and his crew first creating the GTO in 1964 by wedging a big block into a small body. Thereby in many people's minds creating the Muscle Car Era. Well who would have known what Detroit was about to usher in.
The popularity of the GTO sparked a marketing frenzy from Pontiac and in 1965 they introduced the special edition paint code of Tiger Gold. There was no specific paint code for this color it was simply stipulated "Special" Paint and each dealer could order one for inventory. This is one of those rare promotional units.
It is powered by a WS Code 389 Tri-Power engine from 1966 with the M20 Muncie 4 speed and a 3.23 gear. According to PHS documentation this started out life as 389 4 Barrel 4 speed 3.23 gear with SPEC paint code. It had an AM radio Wire Wheel Discs Padded Dash Power Steering Power Brakes Rally Gauge Cluster & Tachometer Soft Ray tinted Windshield Console and 7.75 White Wall tires and originally had a black interior.
This striking GTO has been visually enhanced with the rare Hurst Wheels from the day and they look fabulous! It is not 100% correct but it sure is sweet and let's face it the 65 Goat is the one to have. Don't miss out on your chance to own a highly desirable GTO Muscle Car today.
• Correct Smooth detailed 360 Horse 389 CID V8 with Tri Power Set Up
• Smooth Shifting Muncie M 20 4 speed and 3.23 Rear End
• Working In Dash Delco AM Radio
• Finished in Special Order Tiger Gold
• Parchment Bucket Seat interior with Grab Bar on the dash
• Full length console with storage and correct Shifter
• Optional Power Steering and Power Brakes
• Factory Optional Rally Gauge Cluster with working Tachometer
• Soft Ray Tinted Windshield
• 120 MPH Speedometer with 75812 miles showing on the Odometer
• Safety Guard Padded Dash and Sun visors and Color Keyed Seat Belts
• Performance Tuned Dual Exhaust with a great note
• New set 7.75 14 Red Line Tires on Hurst 5 Spoke Wheels
• Pontiac Historical Documentation Included