1980 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am Indy 500 Pace Car
Price: - Item location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Pontiac
- Model: Trans Am
- SubModel: Turbo Pace Car
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Indy 500 Pace Car
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 63,027
- VIN: 2x87tan128419
- Color: White
- Engine size: Turbo 301 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4 wheel disc brakes, Stereo, Indy Pace Car Package, Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Pontiac Trans Am Indy 500 Pace CarPLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE PRE APPROVED FOR YOUR LOAN IF YOU NEED ONE TO BUY THE CAR. Last high bidder was declined. FOR SALE: 1980 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am Indy 500 Pace Car
- SURVIVOR ALL ORIGINAL CAR! - Numbers Matching Engine and Transmission- 63,027 ACTUAL MILES!- Original Paint and Decals- Original never inflated spare tire complete with spare inflator- Runs and Drives like new!
Take a step back in time with the preserved Turbo Trans Am. A true survivor of only 5,700 examples ever produced! A true classic remarked as one to climb in appreciation rapidly. This is a very clean car with an excellent interior and exterior wearing its original paint and decals. Ready to drive and enjoy or store as your next investment. Pop in your favorite cassette tape and listen to some great 80s music through this great sounding 4 speaker stereo. As you accelerate through the turns and straights you will be greeted by working TURBO CHARGE lights that illuminate as the turbocharger spools up. With only 63,027 actual miles and 3 owners you will not be disappointed in this car. Please message me with any questions!
Turbo Indy Pace Cars, coded X87, made their debut in 1980 with an asymetrical hood and specially-designed hood graphics. Notes Pontiac, "We wanted to show that form follows function on this car." In 1980, 5,700 of the turbocharged 301 cubic inch Trans Ams where built. The Turbo Trans Am Pace Car's paint scheme is basically white with a charcoal accent color extending from the hood through the door upper, into the front of the sail panel, and through the forward half of the roof.
A complete set of special decals were installed on the car. The hood bird was larger than normal and made up of red, charcoal, and gray colors. A large size set of decals was also installed on either door denoting the cars Pace Car status. Silver tinted removable T-top hatch-roof panels and aluminum white "air-flow" wheels are standard equipment. Along with the 4.9-liter 301 turbocharged V-8, a 3.08:1 rear axle and limited slip differential are standard. A three-speed automatic TH-350 was the only transmission available, no 4-speeds were offered on any '80 Trans Am.
a turbocharged 4.9L V-8 engine, the Turbo-Trans Am needed only minor modifications to bring it up to pace car specs. As the turbocharger comes up to higher speed, the turbo's boost is controlled to 9 PSI so the turbo doesn't overboost/detonate the engine. The compression ratio on the turbo is 7.5:1, the horsepower is 210 at 4,000 rpm, and the torque is 345ft./lbs. at 2,000rpm. The 80 Indy Trans Am was one of the LEAST modified cars EVER to pace the indy 500, as they only changed the rear end gears.
64th Indy 500May 25, 1980
Pace Car Duties:
For the first time since it was introduced in 1969, the Pontiac Trans Am was selected as the pace car for the 1980 Indy 500. In fact this was only the second time Pontiac had paced the field at the Brickyard... and it was chosen as the NASCAR pace car for 1980, which included the 22nd annual Daytona 500 stock car race in February. It was the first time in 11 years that an auto manufacturer had the same car chosen to pace both the Indy 500 and Daytona 500 races in the same year! The 1980 Trans Am was piloted by 1950 Indy 500 winner Johnnie Parsons, Sr.
Pace Car Package:
* Two tone paint (white lower,grey upper)* Tri-color accent stripes* Oyster Vinyl bucket seats with oyster/black hobnail cloth inserts* Embroidered birds on door pads and center of rear seat* Specific limited edition exterior decals* White headlamp benzels* Silver T-top hatch roof* Red instrument panel lighting* Air conditioning* AM/FM Stereo w/cassette, audio booster, and extended range speakers* 4.9-Liter Turbo (301cid) 4-bbl. engine* Automatic transmission (TH-350)* 3.08:1 limited-slip posi traction axle ratio* Special performance package* Front and rear disc brakes* 225/70 r15" white letter tires* 15"x 8" white turbo cast aluminum wheels* Turbo hood* Power windows* Custom seat belts* Sport mirrors - L.H. Remote - R.H. manual* Leather Formula steering wheel* Tungsten quartz halogen headlamps* Pedal trim package* Heavy Duty 63 AMP alternator* Soft-Ray glass (all windows)* Turbo boost gauge (hood mounted)
* UA1 - Heavy duty battery - $23.00* K30 - Cruise control - $112.00* A90 - Power deck lid release - $26.00* C49 - Electric rear window defroster - $107.00* K05 - Engine block heater - $16.00* B93 - Door edge guards - $14.00* BS1 - Additional acoustical insulation - $34.00* TR9 - Lamp group (Luggage lamp, Glove box, I.P. Courtesy lamp) - $22.00* D34 - RH visor vanity mirror - $7.00* B84 - Body side molding (white only) - $46.00* U75 - Power antenna - $51.00-$71.00* UA3 - Power door locks - $93.00* N33 - Tilt steering wheel - $81.00* CD4 - Controlled Cycle windshield wipers - $41.00
VEHICLE IS FOR SALE LOCALLY AND I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END AUCTION EARLY DUE TO LOCAL SALE. $500 non refundable deposit due 48 hours of auction completionOn Jul-04-17 at 06:36:07 PDT, seller added the following information:
Vin # is 2x87tan128419