Jim Kellison J2 Roadster Body on 1959 Triumph TR3 frame running gear
Price: - Item location: San Jose, California, United States
- Make: kellison
- Model: J2
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 000000
- Color: Red
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 kellison J2Jim Kellison J2 fiberglass Roadsterbody on a 1959 TR3A Frame. I have search over the years for another one and have not found another example. Only 1 Left?? The few i did find or labeled J2 were just misidentified. The car is a small, no doors, top.Cockpit driver area is limited. A person at 5"6, 140 ok. At 5' 8" your knees will hit bottom of dash and probably will not fit into the car very well. (pic shows a 5'8" person in the car.)I have owned this Kellison for 25+/- years. Health issues reason for sale. Car was not running/box project when i purchased it. Car drivable but still needs some work to be a safe(brake reservoirs) dependable driver. The J2 has avery appealing look to it. Size, design, color. Anytime I pull it out of the garage people stop to admire it, thumbs up, ask about, etc. Fun to drive, handles decent, fast.Bill of sell will be given to new owner. Car is not in CA DMV records anymore. I had the title for it at one time but long since gone/lost. If you want to drive it on public roads. You will need to go to dmv and go through the new vin inspection process. Because of the rarity, the car really should be in a collection, museum used for car events, shows. The buyer is responsible for Shipping/Pickup. A $1000 (Nonrefundable) deposit due within 24hours of sale. Balance due or arrangements for final payment made within 72 Hours of sale. I can keep the car garaged for 30-60 days, while buyer makes the shipping pick up arrangements. If you are in local area and would like to come inspect before bidding send me a message. Car is stored near San Jose City College in San Jose Ca. Please ask any questions. Thank you.
Link to a walkaround video. https://youtu.be/PFWe9WYoupk
- Frame, 1991cu engine, 4sp transmission, running gear all stock. 1959 Triumph Tr3A
- Car is 154" Long, Appx 51" wide. stands 28" at top center door area. Wheelbase center cap to center cap 87.5".
- car came from Kellison with no door cut outs. My understanding is that the first 1 or 2? built were done without doors.
- Unknown mileage on engine. New head gasket. Runs well. Just turn key starts right up. exhaust clean
- Valves need to be adjusted/checked. It was done when head put on but not since started and running.
- 175 CD Zenith Stromberg Carburetors. Rebuilt
- New Stock and Electric fuel pumps
- New electronic Distributor. No points. Vacuum not connected/no port on carbs. mechanical advances kicks in at 700rpm.
- New gear reduction Starter
- Gas tank cleaned/sealed. new sending unit/Guage have been calibrated for tank/car. Accurate.
- 4sp Manual Transmission. Gears all working. no issues
- 12" steering wheel
- Steering no issues. Manual
- Brakes/calipers/hoses/lines/master cylinders/parts new
- Brake, clutch fluid reservoirs are for a motorcycle. They are to small. Need more capacity. No fluid left brake/clutch applied. They are working it can be put into gear and brakes do stop car but not safe for road until larger ones installed.
- Red paint done years ago. still holding up well.
- New Honda radiator, electric fan.
- New water pumps. stock and electric. Thermostat removed.
- New Firestone tires now 20 years old. no cracking/air loss. They seem to be fine. New triumph hubcaps
- Spare tire new but does not fit into trunk area.
- electrical, lights, signals, etc. working.
- gauges all work. New oil water combination gauge. Speed/rpm accurate?
- using a TR3 windshield (cracked). Have a replacement. Do not want to install the new one. May get damaged while sitting or transporting.
- Exhaust piping good/not rusty
- Shocks old. I never replaced. Car still rides well.
- No horn installed. Have the parts
- Interior New carpet, seatbelts, Seats are TR3. stock bottom cushions thick, Space could be gained if the seats were replaced/modified.
- Catalog states with modifications a Chevy 283 could have been used instead of the 1991 triumph motor.
- The J2 is also known as a K2. Catalogs over the years list the body differently.
- Video shows car starting after sitting 2 weeks by only turning key few seconds
- The person starting the car in video is 5' 6.5" 130lb has no difficulty fitting into driving the car
On May-22-23 at 13:25:56 PDT, seller added the following information:
http://www.kellisoncars.com/files/Kellison250_999_6.htm has pictures of car with body off frame, fresh paint 2003? pictures are not labeled. there are other pictures but randomly placed in pages. page 6 has some and car shown as a J2 is this one. production numbers unknown. My understanding is 12 built first 1 or 2 had no door cut outs.