1959 Nash Rambler Metropolitan Convertible
Price: US $22,250.00 Item location: Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Nash
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Two Tone / With stainless trim
- Color:Porsche Red / Appliance White
- Engine size:1498 cc
- Number of cylinders:4
- Transmission:Manual 3 speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red and White
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Nash Two Tone / With stainless trimHello
After 33 years of owning my 1959 Nash Metropolitan Convertible it's time to sadly say good-bye. Having an older restoration with approximately 3,000 miles on it.
- Speedometer has 42,630
Listed below are some of the upgrades I have done besides the restoration.
- Seat belts
- Petronix ignition replacement ( eliminating points and condenser )
- Aluminum water pump with sealed bearing
- Smaller steering wheel that was made for the Metropolitan so the original turn signal switch can be used. ( Have original steering wheel with no cracks or chips and painted red that is included with car.)
- Installed new timing cover from another English car that has the rubber seal instead of the felt one that always leaked.
- Converted oil filter to the spin on type.
- Flying lady hood ornament ( Dealer option. )
- Left door mirror ( Dealer option. )
- Air cleaner converted from oil to paper element.
- Replaced 3rd member ( differential ) from 4.22 ratio to a 3.73 ( have original 3rd member 4.22 included with car.)
- Am Fm Cd player
- Halogen head lights.
When the Metropolitan went through a nut and bolt rotisserie restoration, it included
- Engine rebuild.
- Transmission rebuild.
- New front and rear bearings and seals.
- All new hydraulics ( brakes and clutch cylinders, hoses, and steel brake lines.
- Brake and clutch system has Dot 5 silicone brake fluid.
- Front and rear brake shoes, brake lines, brake shoe hardware, and drums resurfaced.
- Gas tank cleaned and coated.
- Radiator recored using original top and bottom tanks.
- Gas shocks front and rear.
- Starter and generator rebuild with ( new brushes and bearings.)
- New Clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing.
- New wiring harness.
- New Voltage regulator.
- New carburetor.
- New tail light lens and surrounds.
- New rear leaf springs and bushings.
- New Convertible top.
- New upholstery.
- Two tone clear coat paint.
- New front floor contour made to original. (Not just replacement floor pans. )
- New grille medallion.
- New ( Cast ) and chromed grille surround.
- All stainless trim polished.
- All chrome redone to show chrome finish.
- Four new Coker white wall bias tires.
The Metropolitan also comes with the original Jack, Tech service manual, illustrated part manual, owner manual and envelope full of part numbers and receipts.
You read and saw all the many positives, But there is only one negative. The pictures ( 3 ) will show where there is some small bubbles. They are ( not soft ! ) I believe they are from the lead that was used to seal where the metal welting joined the rear fenders to the body.
*** WARNING ***This car starts, runs, and drives really well, but you must be prepared for all the smiles, thumbs up, high fives, attention and stories THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE.
ALL SHIPPING, PICKUP FEE'S, TRANSFER FEE'S, REGISTRATION FEE'S AND TAXES ARE BUYERS RESPONSIBILITY.
VEHICLE IS ALSO FOR SALE LOCALLY AND I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END LISTING.
$1,000 DOLLAR DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED WITHIN 48 HOURS AFTER PURCHASE THROUGH PAYPAL.BALANCE OF PAYMENT IS TO BE MADE BY CASHIER'S CHECK OR CASH IN PERSON.
IF ZERO OR NEGATIVE FEEDBACK PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE BIDING.
PLEASE CONTACT ME ( RICK ) WITH ANY QUESTIONS AT ( 724-5397141 ) IF NO ANSWER LEAVE A MESSAGE AND I WILL RETURN YOUR CALL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.