1951 MERCURY SPORT SEDAN - AN ORIGINAL RELIABLE BEAUTY - 77,000 MILES
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Sport Sedan
- Trim: Sport trim
- Color:Dark green
- Engine size:original flathead
- Number of cylinders:8
- Transmission:3 speed with overdrive
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1951 Mercury Sport Sedan
Here for purchase is an original 1951 Sport Sedan with only 77,000 miles. The car has had the same owner in high dry Denver Colorado for the past 13 years and is now offered to settle the owner’s estate. The owner was a respected member of the local V8 club and known for his Ford knowledge and mechanical abilities.
The Mercury has always been garaged under its current ownership and judging from its condition, no doubt was always garaged by its likely adult original owner in dry South Dakota.
The car features original paint with minor touch up over its years of use. Note that some of pictures make the car appear black but the car is actually dark green. It is thought to be Brewster green but that is not certain.
The interior is original as well, in terrific condition. Seats, flooring, doors and headliner. Note seat belts have been installed.
The engine too, is original and included in the sale is a significant file of receipts for the cars past maintenance and repair.
Note the following:
- 3 speed transmission with working overdrive
- Electric fuel pump
- Rust free
- Radio, heater and clock. Radio and clock have been disconnected as it was thought it created a battery drain.
- Tires are bias ply wide whites with good tread.
- Red rims and full sized wheel covers.
- Lights inside and outside work as they should
While this Mercury is not represented as a restored show car, it shows really well as an original and best of all it has proven its reliability not only around town, but on several tours with the local V8 Club.
Personal inspection and test drive by you or your agent encouraged.
The Mercury is sold as-is in Denver with no warranty expressed or implied.