1984 Mercedes-Benz 190D Sedan White RWD Manual D 2.2
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 190D
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: D 2.2
- Engine size:2.2L Diesel I4
- Number of cylinders:4
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Mercedes-Benz 190D D 2.2Vehicle Details
For sell is a extremely rare find 5mt 1984 Mercedes Benz 190D
· Clean title
· 182k miles
· 5 speed manual
· 2.2L EM601 diesel (US spec)
· Plenty of history records, belt replace in 2019
· Original Paint (9.5/10 with a small dent and few touch ups)
· Original interior (10/10)
· New Sparco Terra Rim
· New Continental Extreme Contact DWS
· Original chrome rim included
· Original Mercedes stereo head unit included
· Factory jack & spare tire included
· Factory first Aid Kit included
· Heated garage, never see snow
· Email: DTM190d@gmail.com
If you are in the market for W201, this 190D is as good as you can find, perfect inside out with a bullet proof OM601 2.2 diesel which proved to run forever!
The 5 speed really makes a huge difference compared to the auto transmission, I have never had any issue keeping up or merging into traffic.
There are plenty of histories making the 190 a legend. It’ named Baby Benz by fans as the smallest yet most over engineered Mercedes-Benz at the time.
It made its name when Ayrton Senna won the 1984 Nurburgring Race of Champions in a 190 E 2.3-16.
Growing up as a huge DTM fan, I have always dreamed about building my own 190 EVO II so I spent almost 10 yr to find this perfect car.
The original owner was a lawyer who owned the car since new util passed at 88 yr old. My friend brought this car back from CA and took forever to get it registered with a pink slip (see attached) but it’s all worth it.
My original plan was to build my own version of 190 EVO II dropping c63 AMG engine/brake/suspension but this car is just too perfect to molest so I keep it untouched other than new tire/rim and EVO II badge.
Since my kids are growing up and need a bigger car; I have decided to let it go.
Hopefully it will find another true enthusiast to continue cherishing this fine piece of German engineering.
Reference top 10 most reliable diesel engine ever made