1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE Wagon 3.2L M104 DOHC 2WD - Text 678 429-5837 for detail
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300TE
- Type: Wagon
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 178540
- VIN: WDBEA92E2PF243959
- Color: White
- Engine size: 3.2L DOHC straight six M104
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE
1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE w/ 3.2L DOHC M104 inline-six paired with a four-speed automatic transmission.
This is a 2WD car with rearward facing third seat. Original Artic white paint with MBTex Blue interior. Equipment includes headlight wipers, a roof rack, a power sunroof, woodgrain trim, automatic climate control, cruise control, and an aftermarket Sony AM/FM/CD stereo.
The car was purchased in January 2019 following a decade of dry indoor storage. Subsequent work included overhauling the rear brakes and replacement of ignition components as well as trim pieces, a fuel pump, the alternator, air-conditioning compressor, water pump, battery, tires, motor mounts, secondary wiring harness, mufflers, and more as listed below. The electronic portion of the throttle body that controls idle speed and cruise control was professionally rebuilt by RFC Electronics in Hillsboro Alabama.
This 300TE wagon features headlights with wipers, a roof rack, a power sunroof, and an electric antenna. The original blue pinstripes were repainted, new aftermarket smoked rear tail-lamp lenses were fitted, along with a new aftermarket grille, new headlight surrounds, and new front front parking lights. The woodgrain shifter surround was professionally refinished. There are some small exterior imperfections, including stone chips underneath the headlights and corrosion on the rear side window trim (see photos).
Factory 15″ wheels are mounted with new 195/65 Continental ContiProContact tires that were purchased in November 2019. Brake system maintenance in 2019 included installation of rebuilt rear brake calipers and replacement of rear brake rotors and hoses as well as the anti-lock braking system control unit.
The leather-wrapped steering wheel frames instrumentation including a 160-mph speedometer, a tachometer with an inset clock, and auxiliary gauges. All electric windows, power seats and power sunroof function perfectly. The six-digit odometer shows just over 178k miles, approximately 200 of which were after the reconditioning work on the car was finished.
Since the car was purchased a LOT of repairs to the car to bring it back up to this excellent condition. This list includes:
- New alternator
- New AC compressor
- New primary fuel pump (there are two pumps on the car)
- New rubber mounts for primary fuel pump
- Rebuilt rear brake calipers
- New rear brake rotors
- New flexible rear brake hoses
- New water pump
- New intake air temperature sensor
- New ignition coils
- New NGK spark plugs
- New engine cooling fan support bearing assembly
- New serpentine engine belt
- Fitted replacement main engine wiring harness (2001 date code on the harness)
- New group 48 battery
- New Continental 195/65R-15 CONTIPROCONTACT SL (OEM size)
- New motor mounts
- Oil & filter change
- New grill
- New headlight surrounds
- New rear taillight lens assemblies (aftermarket smoked lens)
- New secondary engine wiring harness (starter & oil pressure sending unit wiring)
- Rebuilt throttle body
- Replace non-functioning gas tank sending unit
- Refinished wood shifter surround on the center console
- New front parking lamp lens (both left and right)
- Replaced non-functioning passenger's side power seat control switch
- New headlight switch
- New center muffler (OEM style from Bosel)
- New rear muffler (OEM style from Bosel)
- New rubber exhaust hangers (center and rear muffler)
- Replacement ABS ECU
- Replacement engine management ECU
- New underhood pad
- New engine undertray
The parts receipts for all of this work goes with the car.
Following all of the reconditioning work performed during 2019 - 2020, the car was put into dry storage during the pandemic.
Please use ebay contact seller link to request additional photos or links to car display videos on youtube including:
- video of compression test carried out on the engine
- Driving 1993 Mercedes Benz 300TE on highway and local roads at speed
- View of engine starting from under hood of 1993 Mercedes Benz 300TE with 3.2L M104 motor
- Startup of 1993 Mercedes Benz 300TE wagon from inside and showing operation of sunroof and windows
- Walking around outside of 1993 Mercedes Benz 300TE
- Tour of the interior of 1993 Mercedes Benz 300TE wagon