1987 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3 16V Cosworth Pearl Black Manual
Price: US $10,000.00 Item location: Miami, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 190-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: E 2.3-16
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 115236
- VIN: WDBDA34D7HF361293
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 2.3L Gas I4
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Mercedes-Benz 190-Series E 2.3-16For Sale
1987 Mercedes Benz 190E 16V Cosworth Pearl Black
- Color: Pearl Black (OEM)
- Engine: 4 Cylinder Twin Cam Cosworth 2.3 Liter 16 Valve
- Transmission: GETRAG 5-Speed Manual
- Mileage: 115,236
Hagerty - a company of automotive enthusiasts and experts, with offices in the US, the UK and Canada, and while they are the global leader in collector car insurance, theyâ€™ve moved beyond insurance to offer so much more.
Current Values according to Hagerty
#1 Concours - $44,100#2 Excellent - $29,900#3 Good - $19,600#4 Fair - $12,100
#4 vehicles are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the body has a minor dent. Split seams or a cracked dash, where applicable, might be present. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or other non- stock additions might be present. A #4 vehicle can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 vehicle.
- In excellent condition, strong and lively, smooth running (see video)
- Engine is free of any leaks, no smoke or overheating (no service needed).
- Replaced Radiator / All Hoses / Flush w/ New MB Coolant in 2019. (all receipts)
- Recent oil change @ MB Center
- In excellent condition, smooth shifting, transitions evenly (no service needed).
- Clutch serviced within the last 3 years, shifter kit rebuilt in 2019.
- Updated with Mercedes Benz SL EVO 16-inch R129 rims (OEM).
- Wheels are in excellent condition, some light loss of paint, very minor parking rash (on one of the wheels).
- Spare tire is an original 15-inch rim with tire (includes original jack).
- Continental wide track tires (all four are the same) about 60% use left.
- The original hydraulic suspension has been replaced w/ Bilstein shocks / springs (original hydraulic suspension has been saved and will be included).
- Brakes are in good working order (no service needed).
- Emergency brake is fully functional.
- Repainted in 2015 with OEM Mercedes Benz paint (Pearl Black).
- All Headlights & Taillights are in working order, including the brake spoiler light.
- This car had been in storage and driven occasionally over the last three years.
- Since original date of purchase (2007) the car has developed some small amounts of exterior rust primarily around the trunk and doors and of course the clear coat had diminished substantially. These issues were addressed at the time of the repaint 2017. Some indications can still be seen in the bottom of the trunk below the spare wheel. The exterior paint is bright and still shows well. The clear coat which is always the first to show deterioration in these types of MB is stable without issue.
- The car shows straight lines on either side from front to back with overall good even spacing between the panels. The original spoiler package is intact, without damage.
- Original Recaro seats front & back, are in overall poor to good condition with significantwear on the drivers side outside bolster and above the rear seats some minor issues with the lower rear passenger seats as well.
- Door panels are in very good condition having been serviced and or replaced within the last three years.
- Original steering Wheel shows a good amount of wear.
- The shifter knob is not original, along with the original wood panel they would both need replacement, they can still be used as they are.
- Original dash has cracks and eventually would look best if replaced.
- Aftermarket radio / player are included but have never been installed. Antenna is present but has never been used.
- The instrument cluster is fully functional: Odometer, Tachometer, Speedometer, Fuel gauge, Oil and Temperature gauges are in working order.
- The dash clock is not working (may be a fuse issue?).
- A/C is functional, ice cold air. Recently serviced all components replaced with OEM parts, including condenser and earlier the compressor.
- Electric front driver and passenger windows are operational.Haven't used the rear windows in a very long time.
- Sunroof has not been opened for a very long time should be functional, (may or may not function properly).
- Electric door and trunk locks are fully operating.
- New Bosch battery purchased 6 months ago holds excellent electrical charge (no electrical leak).
- Purchased in 2007 from an official Mercedes Benz mechanic that worked at a MB dealership.
- 2007 â€“ 2019 Serviced exclusively at the Mercedes Auto Center.
- (Established since 1988 Specializing in Mercedes Benz Full Restoration & Repair)
- Officially titled by current owner (10/11/2007) (See Carfax).
First record on Carfax appears in 1992 (most likely original owner). Carfax and other services are not clear as to the number of previous owners, our research would suggest that between 2002 and 2005 there were short period owner-ships by 5 owners up to 2005. The period of 2005 through 2007 would be the person the current owner purchased the car from in 2007.Also noted is (1) minor accident reported. An accident involving a parking lot incident, side swiping the right front corner (only).
Partial Itemized List of The Most Recent Repairs with Receipts.
All repairs conducted by:
Mercedes Auto Center2700 NW 27th AveMiami, FL 33142
10/17/2019: EHA valve $250 / Rebuilt fuel distributor $600 / Labor $120.08/12/2019: Radiator Tank $380 / Coolant - Tank Cap - $75 / Fuel Pump $360 - injectors $180 - wire set $120 and much more. Labor $600.08/12/2019: repair shifter kit including bushings $360.08/14/2017: Clutch Kit $450 - bearings $62 / AC condenser $300 - ac hose $180 - second hose $80 plus ac charge. Labor $850.2007 - 2019: Included will be additionally dozens more original receipts totaling $6000 - $8000.
This classic Mercedes Benz is in sound mechanical condition, with a strong well running engine and a smooth shifting transmission. Beautiful set of Mercedes Benz 16-inch EVO wheels and a full spoiler package. It does however, need some interior restoration and interior cosmetics. It is currently running and can be driven as needed. Car was purchased in 2007, it has provided good service for 13 years and is well deserving of continued attention and use.
Special Note:Ask any and all questions prior to purchase. We have provided as much pertinent information as possible. The car is being sold in as-is condition. You must ask any questions prior to purchase. No returns will be available.
Video will open in a new window