Mercedes 420SEL W126
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: S-Class
- Type: Sedan
- Engine size:V8
- Number of cylinders:8
- Power options:Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
1987 Mercedes 420 SEL W126. In excellent condition. Garage kept under a cover all of her life. Has seen rain a handful of times and has never seen snow. Only driven on special occasions in the summer. She has been in our family since the 1990's. No accidents, no paint work ever. Absolutely zero rust.
The car runs and drives like new. Tracks straight with no shimmy at any speed. Newer tires. Ice cold AC. Everything works on her except the Passenger headlamp wiper, and the front passenger power headrest. All maintenance has been performed by a certified Mercedes Benz repair facility over the years. Both valve cover gaskets were just replaced due to age. New plugs and wires. Only genuine Mercedes Benz parts used throughout the years.
The paint shines like new. There are three very small dings on the drivers side. There is a very small scrape on the left side of the rear bumper. Please see photos.
A Bluetooth head unit was installed for hands free phone calling. This was done using proper harness adapters from Crutchfield. No wires were cut for the install. I still have the original Becker Cassette deck which can easily be put back in, but it has to be reset with a special security tool at the dealer.
We are reluctantly selling this wonderful car and I am not in a hurry to let her go.
You will not be disappointed with this car. If you're a long distance buyer then I'm happy to drive the car to a Mercedes dealer within 30 miles of 48138 for a pre purchase inspection, as long as you set it up. Thank you. Call with any questions 734-928-8848
The car has been waxed and the interior detailed since the pics were taken. It looks even better now.
Some of the questions I've been asked over the phone about the Mercedes...
1. Any idling issues? No. None what so ever. She starts runs and idles smoothly. At any temperature. The fuel injection systems on these cars can be finicky and are very expensive to repair. This car sat for long periods of time in the garage. The fuel enjection distributer was changed at the dealer years ago. This very expensive repair has already been done. The car runs and sounds like new.
2. Any rust at all? No. No rust at all. The car has not been exposed to the elements.
3. Does the Sunroof work? Yes. It works as it should.
4. Does the power antenna work? Yes it does.
5. What are those marks near the taillights in the pictures. They are reflections of water droplets.
6. Does it leak oil? No not a drop
7. Any funny smells in the cabin? No. It smells like a Mercedes should. It has never been smoked in. Or eaten in. In fact the only thing consumed while riding in this car has been coffee and water.