Up for auction is a 1989 Red Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL560 2 Door Convertible - 130,563 Miles. Runs well, but needs some TLC -- the soft top needs to be replaced, as does the air conditioner.** Beautiful red exterior with tan interior, leather seats, and wood trim. It is being put up for auction by the owner in Scottsdale, AZ. It has always been garaged. Purchased at Miller Motorcars of Greenwich, CT in 1992 with 23,000 miles on the odometer (current owner is second owner). Bidders are welcome to inspect the vehicle. Title is free and clear.
** Schumacher Mercedes of Scottsdale, AZ estimated the air conditioning replacement cost to be $2500.
See below for all details.
Note: I am acting as a selling agent on behalf of the owner. I have described this as honestly as possible, to the best of my ability with the input from the owner. I have supplemented photos with descriptions to be as fully transparent about the condition as I can be -- this will be the 15th vehicle I have sold as non-owner seller.
PLEASE NOTE -- IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS ON A MOBILE DEVICE, I RECOMMEND YOU PULL UP THE FULL LISTING ON A COMPUTER. THERE ARE MANY PHOTOS IN THE LISTING AND MOBILE DEVICE LISTINGS MAY NOT SHOW ALL OF THEM.
SHIPPING: I will help in the coordination of shipping, but will not be held responsible for claims arising from shipping damages. You will pay the shipper directly. Location is Scottsdale, AZ, and local pick-up is welcome. Zip code is 85262.
Bid with confidence, as my eBay reputation is very important to me. If after receiving your vehicle you find it was misrepresented, you are absolutely entitled to your money back. All efforts have been made to fairly and accurately describe this vehicle.
1989 Red Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL560 2 Door Convertible
Exterior color is red ; interior is tan with wood trim.
Car has always been garaged.
No warranties remain.
Unleaded gas recommended.
Tires are Michelin performance and were replaced 10,000 miles ago.
Owner's manual included.
Spare tire included.
Owner reported that this car has never been involved in an accident while in his possession.
- V-8 Engine
- Power steering and power brakes
- Automatic transmission
- Good accelerating and braking!
- SRS (Supplemental Restraint System)
- Front Driver Airbag
- Seatbelt Pretensioners
- Spare tire
LUXURY AND CONVENIENCE FEATURES:
- Soft black fabric top and hard red top (hard top comes with stand)
- Manual seat controls
- Glove Box - locking
- Radio - AM/FM stereo
- Cassette player
- Cruise Control
- Telescoping Steering Wheel
- Power windows
- One set of keys; keys open doors and trunk
SEATING AND INTERIOR:
- Seating Capacity: 2 -- there is a small bench behind the seats, but intended for items and not people.
- Front Seat Type: bucket
- Front Armrests: center w/storage
- Seat Trim: leather
- Door Trim: leather
- Floor Trim: carpet
- Floor Mats: carpeted front
- Dashboard Insert: wood
- Convertible top is manual, not automatic
- Clean title history
- This car is in good mechanical condition.
- The car is rust-free; chrome of exterior is mostly shiny and clean.
- Clean engine compartment
ITEMS TO NOTE ABOUT THIS CAR :
As noted above, the soft top needs to be replaced, as does the air conditioning unit. I was extremely picky when examining this.
- Front driver's side panel above and to the left of the wheel has a light and very thin scratch in the paint about 18" long. It has not removed the paint color and isn't easy to see except upon close inspection.
- There are teeny pin-head sized white dots of missing paint in various places of the exterior; not many and again, not terribly noticeable.
- The black rubber strips on exterior are somewhat faded in color, especially at door handles.
- There is some wear of color along door jambs.
- The rear driver's wheel cover/hub cap is missing a nut and Mercedes logo.
- Soft black top shows a lot of wear and issues both inside and out -- see photos. There are tears/slits in the fabric and visible wear; it needs to be replaced. The frame for the top is fine.
- There is a thin black line in the interior side of the hard top; see photos.
- There is a yellow light illuminated on the dash board. The owner spoke with Mercedes; this light indicates that the brake light on the rear trunk hood, center, is out. This is a special order and not from normal stock due to the age -- new owner will need to replace it.