1972 Lotus Europa Twin Cam - ready to drive for your summer enjoyment!!!
- Make: Lotus
- Model: Other
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Europa Twin Cam
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 40,000
- VIN: 2266R
- Color: Pistachio
- Engine size: 1600 Dual overhead Lotus twin cam
- Number of cylinders: 4-cylinder
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: manual 4-speed
- Drive type: mid-engine RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Lotus Other
Chassis#2266R 1972 Europa Twin Cam 4 speed. This is a "survivor" I purchased several years ago from a collection I have thoroughly enjoyed going through the mechanical stuff and bringing this car back to the road. The list of what has been done is huge (see below.) Mechanically this car is excellent. I recently drove it down from Oregon to California over 600 miles.
The paint and dash remain to be completed if you want a restore to perfection. Finish is Lotus "pistachio" and a previous owner did a poor touch up. There are chips plenty of fiberglass checking and several minor fiberglass repairs. There is a small crack in the windshield (by the mirror) that could not be repaired. OK for now but eventually it will need to be replaced.
The joy for me was in the mechanical restore process and weekend drives. Complete list of what has been done:
1. Front wheel bearings2. Rear wheel bearings3. Rear suspension bushings4. Wheel alignment5. Front caliper rebuild with stainless pistons6. Brake system fluid all fresh7. Radiator R&R a. Rod out and repair minor leaks b. Rebuilt with tight air control box (better sealing) c. Assembled with modern high-flow electric fan (better and quieter) d. Fan temp switch working but also over-ride switch on dash e. Waterless coolant (will not boil over!) f. Under hood finished in grey speckle (trunk finish material)
8.Engine R&R a. New head gasket to reduce oil leaks b. All new seals (front & rear main cam) c. Timing cover front case and valve cover gaskets d. New water pump belt and hoses e. New thermostat f. Alternator rebuilt g. New alternator belt h. Carburetors rebuilt i. Zenith Stomberg carbs tuned and synchronized j. Pertronics Electronic distributor k. New plug wires and IRIDIUM spark plugs l. MSD 6 ignition control m. MSD tachometer interface module n. Stainless muffler and tip o. Headers p. Titanium fiber exhaust wrap q. Truck finished in grey speckle
9. Transmission R&R a. All new seals and O-rings b. All new bearings c. Several gear sets replaced d. All 4 axle u-joints and inside yokes replaced e. Shift shaft connectors replaced or rebuilt f. New clutch assembly g. Spare gearbox (for parts) included
10. Wheel wells and underbody have been coated with sealer/sound control11. Both door hinges replaced12. Doors rebuilt with high-end heat and sound deadening (Dynamat)13. Window regulators cleaned and adjusted14. New window seals15. New door seals16. Door panels rebuilt with more secure panel fasteners17. New floor mats18. Instrument backlight bulbs are all long-life LED and ALL GAUGES WORK!19. Classic leather wheel wrap20. Reinforced shift boot21. Headliner has been refinished22. Sun shades have been redone (much better than original)23. Modern day/night rear view mirrir installed (much better than original)24. Fully retracting antenna (radio works)25. Modern Sylvania headlights26. Factory alloys refinished in gunmetal gray27. Spare tire wrench and jack28. New uninstalled windshield trim is included (cost about $500)29. Euro style blind spot mirrors
Nothing needs to be done at this time to drive and enjoy the car for this summer!
Car is currently located in South San Jose CA. Available for show evenings and weekends. Current Oregon registration and plates.
Seller delivery in SF Bay area. Buyer arranges pickup and delivery for other locations.