No Reserve Lexus 1992 LS 400 LS400 Classic Car
- Condition: Used
- Make: Lexus
- Model: LS
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Base Sedan 4-Door
- Doors: 4
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 117,971
- VIN: JT8UF11E4N0103217
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gas
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
- Interior color: Tan
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag
- Options: Cassette Player, CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Lexus LS Base Sedan 4-DoorI am the second owner. I purchased this car in 1995 with 22K as certified pre-owned from Lexus Dealer.
This is a classic car and is looking for the right buyer to restore it to its former glory.
Only 118K miles - this is now a 25-year-old car and qualifies for classic plates in NY. Car starts and runs well. It's been driven almost every day for last 20 years.
I’m selling it because we just purchased a new car and now have one car too many.
Recent RepairsReplaced AC compressor last summer with new Denso (OEM) compressor - AC blows cold.
Car is sold AS-IS. I’ve started the bidding at $1 - Once this car is sold, you own it and I am not responsible for any existing or new problems.
- Some rust above left driver back wheel well (see picture).
- Passenger side got keyed about 15 years ago.
- Small wear hole in leather on driver seat back, then bottom leather I had replaced about 2 years ago, now the top/back needs work.
- Climate control LCD needs to be replaced - have new LCD part - never got around to replacing it - www lextreme com/lcdtech htm I have the LCD part, but repair looks like it will take a few hours.
- Radio / Cassette doesn’t turn on - never diagnosed issue - might be just the fuse - don’t know.
- Power door lock button has come off. Power locks work, just the driver side button doesn’t work.
- Driver side Power window switches for back two windows intermittent - I’d probably purchase whole new switch assemblies.
- Power Steering fluid needs to be topped off from time to time - haven’t found leak but there must be one
- I have two original radio key fobs - one has lost the button - the other works when the button is pressed at the right angle.
- Catalytic converters had issues with broken ceramic - mechanic removed loose parts - not sure what condition they are in.
- Check engine light shows - every since mechanic removed loose catalytic parts - I suspect he damaged a sensor
- Oil light shows up from time to time - never figured out why - there is always enough oil - I suspect the oil sensor is the problem.
- Suspension - rear - I think there is a problem with the suspension - this car has air suspension bladders which have never been replaced - See http://www lextreme com/ascon htm for aftermarket struts.
- Battery is about 3 years old - I'd plan to replace it soon.
Again - this car needs some tender loving car - its being sold as is - hopefully to another Lexus LS400 aficionado. Bidding starts at $1 - no reserve - car will be sold to highest bidder.
·Please ONLYBID if you do not intend to complete the transaction.
·Email me if you have any questions PRIOR to bidding
·By placing a bid you acknowledge that you have read and understand and agree to the terms of this listing.
·Vehicle is located in Bronxville NY - zip code 10708 - please email me if you'd like to inspect vehicle before bidding
Buyer is responsible for picking vehicles up or arranging their own transportation.
Note: I will take the license plates off the car and remove the registration sticker from the windshield. You must get new plates at the DMV if you want to drive away.
·All sales are FINAL!