1980 CJ5 Jeep, Frame off Restoration, Like New with Custom Paint
Price: - Item location: Hope, Indiana, United States
- Make: Jeep
- Model: CJ
- SubModel: Zombie
- Type: SUV
- Trim: Custom
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 0
- VIN: 8123430779
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 350 Small Block Chevy (300 HP)
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Jeep CJ Custom1980 CJ5 Jeep, Frame off Restoration, Like New with Custom Paint
This Jeep is basically brand new from the front to the rear.
- The frame was sandblasted and professionally powder coated.
- We installed four brand new Mickey Thompson 33 x 12.50 x 15 Baja Tires and Ultra Wheels.
- She's now powered by a new Summit Crate 350 Chevy with a new Edelbrock intake manifold and Carburetor.
- We also installed brand new exhaust manifolds and new exhaust system.
- We cool that engine with two new automatic electric fans.
- To handle the power we installed a new flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and slave cylinder.
- The transmission is the coveted SM465 (4 speed with granny low) and the NP205 transfer case, which is the very desirable transfer case that is all gears, no chain.
- To stop all this Zombie power we installed an all new brake system. This includes all hard lines and flexible lines and discs, pads, drums, wheel cylinders, and shoes. We also replaced all the parking brake cables.
- A single wire chrome alternator gives us around 100 amps of battery charging.
- On the front axle, we replaced the lockout hubs with brand new ones.
- To stabilize the rig, we mounted a new 1-1/8" sway bar with Rancho shocks and steering stabilizer
- We also added a new fuel tank and Tom Wood rear drive shaft......
- Up front we have a Rugged Ridge XHD modular bumper with Hoop and Tubular Ends.
- In that awesome bumper we have bolted a Warn 9.5XP-S Self Recovery Winch with a 9500 pound rated pull with 100' of synthetic rope.
- The body is the original body, but has been rustproofed inside and out. The Zombie paint is approximately 3 years old, but was garaged most of that time by the previous owner that sold the build to me to finish.
- This is the best CJ5 frame I've ever seen in the wild.... I hate to see it go, but I'm heading into my next build... We would encourage you to come take a look at The Zombie.