Willys Overland 1948 Jeepster Antique Vehicle
Price: - Item location: Taunton, Massachusetts, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Jeep
- Model: Other
- Type: Pheaton
- Year: 1948
- Mileage: 255,155
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 134 CI Flathead 4 Cyl.
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Yellow-Crimson
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1948 Jeep OtherWillys Overland JeepsterThis vehicle is one of 19,131 ever built by Willys-Overland in Toledo Ohio.Designed by industrial designer Brooks Stevens.
* This vehicle has interesting history.* Was purchased as a used car in 1950 by a Rhode Island "Typewriter" Repairman who drove it until he died in 1992. At some point unknown to current owner/seller the prior owner replaced the original engine with a correct engine from another Jeepster or similar Willys Vehicle which used the same engine/transmission, thus the "True Mileage Unknown" Disclosure.
* Seller purchased vehicle from seller who claimed car had 50,000 miles, but upon finding papers in glove box, I called widow of prior owner who informed me the true mileage (On Body) was 250,000 at that time. Again- true mileage on Engine & Trans. is unknown.
*Seller has owned car since 1992 and has put aprox. 4,500-5,000 miles on the vehicle during the last 25 years.
*Always garaged since 1992.
* Car has been active with Willys Overland Jeepster Club and flatbed hauled to National Meets in Indiana, and Cooperstown NY among others.
* Car is a FUN SUMMER "DRIVER", and a great candidate for restoration.* Car runs and drives well.* Rebuilt front 'King Pins'.* FOUR New Wide Whitewall "RADIAL" Tires. (Spare is Original type)* New Custom Proper Top by expert top man. Dick Grade who's work has been on Pebble Beach Winning Cars. Top has Side Curtains, and proper small "Glass" rear window.* Transmission is 3-speed, 'Three on the Tree' type shift and 'Borg-Warner' Overdrive.* Car has "Brake Cylinders" from Willys Station Wagon because they are LARGER and provide better stopping power than "Jeepster" brake cylinders.* Car has fresh "Massachusetts" Safety Inspection Sticker.* Car has some rust and metal pop-rivet patches in floor. These open cars were prone to leaks and rusty floors.
*See Photos: Vehicle has two unusual "Era Correct Accessories"... After Market Items from the late 1940's early 1950's. * Vac. Brake Booster under hood on left front fender. (Do not believe this is functional) * Valve Head Oiler Unit - Mounted on Firewall, and filled with "Mystery Oil" a bit of oil is sucked via vac line into carb to help lube cylinder head. (Do not know if it's functional.)
** Car garaged in Taunton, Massacahusetts if you wish to inspect or have your agent inspect it on your behalf.
**** Reasonable offers will be considered. No Financing Available. Buyer must arrange for all shipping costs. Car can not be picked up until payment in full is received.
**** 1948 Massachusetts "YEAR OF MANUFACTURE" License Plates ARE NOT included, but are available for sale if buyer plans to register the vehicle in Massachusetts.
*** Vehicle currently insured with GRUNDY WORLDWIDE for $19,500.00.
NO WARRENTEE IS STATED OR IMPLIED.