1986 Lariat XLT rare bullnose in good condition 4WD
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-250
- SubModel: XLT Lariat
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: XLT LARIAT 4X4
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 55859
- VIN: 1FTHF2616GPB91471
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 6.9 L Diesel IDI
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Red
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Ford F-250 XLT LARIAT 4X4Terms And Conditions Please read before placing a bid. I require a bank wire transfer. No Exceptions. (I will pay transfer fee if your bank charges. Just show receipt and subtract from the wire.) Please do not bid and hope otherwise. Deposit is $500 and must be Paid within 48 hours or sooner after the auction ends.Paid in Full in three days. (we leave Los Angeles Dec 5th. Must be completed by then)
ALSO If you have Less than five feedback score you must contact me before placing bid. If not I will remove the bid because no contact has been made.Free Local Pick Up. Buyer arranges for shipping. Buyer to inspect or send someone to inspect.No Warranty. Sale is AS IS.Serious buyers call me with questions: (310) two one three - 405 eight
Ford F-250 XLT Lariat 4x4 6.9 L IDI DieselI am going to be very detailed about the plusses and minuses of this truck-- full disclosure because I really want to sell it.
I bought this truck on ebay in March to use as a farm truck. I began restoring it but in September my Mom had emergency surgery and my wife and I have move to be with her. We live in Los Angeles and can't store it so we're selling it. Plus the extra cash will be helpful at this point.
Truck Runs great. I've taken it on a road trips to Bishop-Mammoth area recently (600 mi round trip) with no problems. Also driven it a couple thousand miles since buying it and no problems. I had to change the battery wiring harness and recently changed the glow plugs. Starts up easily with the new glow plugs.
No rust. Was a Northern California truck. When I registered it, it had been in PNO (planned non-operation) for many years. I didn't find out the date but based on the fact that was PNO the mileage is likely 155,000. Which is great for this engine.
The diesel engine purrs. It's an amazing engine. When Ford started offering Diesels around this year, they didn't have production for diesel engines so they went to International, a well established Diesel manufacturer to make the engines. This is an exceptional engine and it is the original. It runs great and in my opinion will last a very long time with regular maintenance.
The Good stuff:
- No visible rust. California truck.; Undercarriage great;
- All New front and rear brake system, including master cylinder
- New front and back windshield
- New batteries (2x 12 V) with new diesel harness (the batteries were new when I got it, I replaced the harness)
- New radiator and hoses and belts (new when I got it)
- New glow plugs (Motorcraft OEM)
- New Headlights
- Bllinkers, brake lights all work and fully operational.
- 4WD works great. Have to manually lock the front wheels, old skool.
- Interior needs work.
- The bench seat needs to be reupholstered. (I got an estimate for $600 locally in LA but elsewhere might be cheaper)
- The Dashboard is worn and the dash back light doesn't completely light up.
- Electrical is mostly good other than the dash lights.
- No spare tire. (spare tire holder underneath seems to be fine and operational)
- Paint job is fairly good for the age. Previous owner painted the hood with flat white paint. Otherwise paint seems original. If you're just gonna drive it it's fine.; If restoring it will need a paint job.
- Transmission is good. 4WD works fine. When shifting gears (automatic) it jumps a little.
- AC doesn't blow cold.
It is fully operational and runs great. I'd say it's about half restored. For the right person it won't take much more to restore to all its glory.I have seen these restored going for $25,000 - $30,000
That is all of the details. Call if you have serious questions.