1966 Mustang Coupe 289 Automatic
Price: - Item location: Bolivar, Ohio, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 74000
- Color: Signal flare red
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford MustangLI have a 1966 Mustang coupe for sale it has just under 74000 miles believe to be original and on title . It is signal flare red which is actually orange . Not sure when it was painted . The condition of paint is not to bad has some door nicks from being in garage for years. Has a great shine ... I would give it a 7 out of 10
- Body- repainted not sure when but shines nice has some door nicks two small dings very small (one on passenger top fender and other on driver door again very small. Has very small area back by passenger taillight pushed in a bit. Really hard to tell. Not a trailer queen but again nice looker / daily driver .
- Glass- all good and windows works no cracks or scratches
- Radio needs hooked up might just be fuse I will check it out
- Horns donâ€™t work might be easy fix
- Needs bulbs in interior lights
- Tires- like new - rims in good shape some of the gray is off
- Interior- front and rear seats recovered 8 years ago nice shape no rips . Carpet in good shape. Added a console needs dyed and painted itâ€™s just sitting in place. Headliner has few small holes along with 1 behind each sun visor .
- Engine- runs 289 automatic believed to be original to car . Will have windshield fluid bag not shown in pictures i ordered new complete set with new washer motor. New carburetor and radiator.
- Underside - will need 2 small patches in front rear looks fine and trunk is very solid . Worse part of car but canâ€™t see . Or replace floor pans to be great.
- Trunk - in great shape not rusted has liner needs jack and wheel cover for spare. I might have just have to look for it. I order new rubber for trunk old just had over spray on it and wanted to replace. Spare tire is not inflated.
- Brakes- Rear brakes are locked up . I will have fixed prior to sale if item permits hard to move . Been sitting long time old cars tend to do that.
- Transmission - one of the gaskets need replaced pan leaks a bit.
- Rust- outside I see none /inside doors none /only place I see is front pans small area both sides.
Please ask questions and send someone to inspect the car if you are serious . My description might not be the same as your expectations. Everyoneâ€™s opinions are different.I would consider this a great driver car that you could take to local cruise ins with a little work.Thank you for looking
Again have someone inspect car prior to buying . This is a classic car and it is 54 years old being sold AS-IS no warranty. Please donâ€™t ask reserve if your interested bid what you believe itâ€™s worth.No returns !
On Jan-10-21 at 13:10:12 PST, seller added the following information:
Body Tag 65A Color 5 = Signal Flare Red Trim -26 Date 18M DSO 32