1969 428 SCJ Mach 1 Mustang, Shaker Black Jade R-code Numbers match engine
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: W-Code
- Type: Fastback
- Engine size:428 SCJ
- Number of cylinders:8
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Ford Mustang
Had to relist.
Serious Buyer? Make an Offer. Worst I can say is no or counter offer. No trades, please.
Bid to own, not to look.
If you have any questions or offers please call or text me 313-805-8358 for quickest response.
See over 80 full size pics athttps://s140.photobucket.com/user/sammy500/library/1969%20428%20SCJ%20Mach%201%20R-Code%20Mustang
I didnâ€™t make it over the finish line but you can. Hereâ€™s your chance to own (and finish as you wish) a rare and one of the most iconic muscle cars ever. For about the price of a reproduction Dynacorn shell, you can have:
1969 Mach 1 Mustang, with Shaker Hood, with the numbers matching 428 SCJ Super Cobra Jet engine, Drag Pack option, R-Code, (9R02Râ€¦) VIN, Black Jade.
This San Jose built car has its factory Door tag, Windshield tag, and both Fender Apron Stamps.
If you want anoriginal car? Heads up - I have all the rare and hard to find partsforthis unique and rare Mach 1 428SCJ Drag Pack car. They are not included with this auction but will shortly be placed on ebay. See list of these parts in blue at bottom of this listing.
What IS included - detail:
428 SCJ Original number matching engine- VIN stamp still visible:
- May have been rebuilt before I purchased the car years ago so check thorough it
- Correct and original: heads, intake manifold, crank, timing cover, counterweights. There is no oil pump or pickup tube.
- Original optional SCJ Cobra Jet Valve Covers â€“ no cracks or repairs- very nice
- NOS 428CJ/SCJ correct Motorcraft Spark plugs
- Correct water pump (rebuild kit included)
- Fly wheel is an original for 428CJ but came with car when I bought it, so it may be balanced for use in this SCJ but I donâ€™t know for sure
- Clutch and pressure plate fit and were with this car when I bought it. They were likely used on the car but the clutch assy is not correct for Mustang
- California car, I believe it has most of the original sheet metal and body panels except the rear tail light panel, fuel tank rear brace. There is a lot of sheet metal work to be done. There are patches of rust in several areas, and there are still sheet metal replacement and patchwork required in several places. See pics and note the many replacement sheet metal parts included in this auction.
- Very solid original sheet metal, car is mostly stripped â€“ you can see everything. (note the factory markings on outside of both front left and right fender aprons â€“ the right one also has the words written â€œCobra Jetâ€, exposed after gentle cleaning)
- Sheet metal is a work in process. Shell was bead and sand blasted. SPI Red Oxide Epoxy covers most of the metal to protect the good metal while sheet metal repairs continue.
- Original Hood with shaker trim ring
- Original Front valence
- Original Cowl cover panel
- Original Rear Backup Light panel
- All original glass and glass trim
- Original doors (they havenâ€™t been stripped, thereâ€™s bondo. A second set of original Mustang doors for replacement or patches, are also included)
- Original Fenders (you can see the Black Jade overspray on the underside of each)
- Original trunk but also including a very nice original replacement trunk
Steering, Chassis, Drivetrain:
- 9â€ Rear Differential with 3.50 gear ratio
- Midland Brake Booster â€“ REBUILT by â€œBooster Steveâ€ in Oregon
- Leaf Springs with the original marks and date codes
- Staggered Shock Plates
- This car was likely drag raced and still has what appears to be one of the original brake drums (see the pic)
- Power steering assy (needs to be rebuilt)
- Steering and suspension parts as shown in the pics
- Nuts and bolts bagged and tagged
- Rim blow steering wheel, no cracks
- 8K RPM original Tach, dash and clock panel (excellent condition replacement bezel also included)
- Seats front and back
- Fold down rear seat
- All bolts and fasteners with much of the smaller pieces such as fold down gas cap and Reverse backup lights and small parts are bagged and tagged.
Everything of the car in the pics is included in this auction except the rotisserie and the engine stand.
Please review pictures, ask questions, come inspect it, or send a representative. Iâ€™ve tried to explain and share as much as I can but its hard to describe every inch of the car and your view of things may be completely different than mine. 313-805-8358.
Buyer and Seller Responsibility
Â· Please look at all the pictures, come see the car, send an inspector, or email for more details. Bid to â€œBuy.â€ You are not buying the car here for a chance to come and look.
Â· International buyers are welcome. Check Import and export laws before purchasing.
Â· Shipping arrangements and shipping costs are responsibility of the buyer. I am happy to help with loading. For Domestic, consider borrowing a friendâ€™s trailer or rent a one way Uhaul - there are a lot of loose parts. For International Buyers, suggest arrange for a sea container with some packing materials (for the glass, etc). I can help pack and load.
Â· The car and these parts are sold â€œas is-where isâ€ with no refunds or exchanges.
Â· The deposit is NON-refundable.
Â· Payment must be made via Bank Wire (preferred), in person with cash, cashierâ€™s check can be sent but must clear the bank first.
Â· Full payment must be made within 3 days of the auction end. Failure to make full payment in 3 days gives me the option to keep your deposit and sell the car to another buyer and breaches contract. Wire Transfer preferred.
Â· Accepting offers and the car is also for sale locally so it could end at any time.
Heads up - the following are all the rare and hard to find parts to complete this Mach 1 SCJ Drag Pack car. They are NOT included in this auction, but Iâ€™ll be selling them on ebay shortly, and many more 69 Mach 1 parts. If you ever want to sell your project, like I am now, you will be glad you purchased original OEM parts instead of reproductions:
AGAIN NOTE- NOTHING BELOW THIS LINE IS INCLUDED IN THIS AUCTION but will all be selling on ebay shortly:
ORIGINAL RUG-AE2 Top Loader Transmission 31 spline, big input big output (REBUILT)
ORIGINAL Shaker Hood scoop assembly (correct for 1969)
ORIGINAL Oil Cooler (restored and unique for SCJ Drag Pack)
ORIGINAL Oil Cooler Lines
ORIGINAL Dual Horn Wire Pigtail (unique for SCJ Drag Pack, very rare)
ORIGINAL Horn Re-enforcement Bracket (unique for SCJ Drag Pack, very rare)
ORIGINAL Engine Heat Shield (very nice condition)
ORIGINAL Engine S-Tube (very nice condition)
ORIGINAL NOS Service Speedometer Cable (service cable, unique for SCJ Drag Pack Manual Trans)
ORIGINAL Speedometer Gear Reducer (unique for SCJ Drag Pack with Manual Trans)
ORIGINAL Radiator Fan C9OE â€“ H (unique for SCJ)
ORIGINAL Snorkel (restored)
ORIGINAL Engine Vacuum Tree date code correct
ORIGINAL Clutch Housing (restored) date code correct
ORIGINAL 9â€ Nodular Rear Differential housing (no gears)
ORIGINAL 4.30 OEM Ford Differential Gear set
ORIGINAL Exhaust Manifold LH RH set (correct for 1970 but also fit 1969)
ORIGINAL Carburetor C9AF-M (rebuilt)
ORIGINAL Distributor (restored and tested)
ORIGINAL Radiator (correct and rebuilt)
ORIGINAL Set of Engine Pulleys (restored and correct for this unique SCJ)
ORIGINAL Set 428 Engine Lift Hooks
ORIGINAL NOS Fan Shroud
ORIGINAL Ford 4-spd Shifter and linkage (rebuilt and restored)
ORIGINAL Hurst 1970 Shifter with NOS Handle, and the plate that attaches this to 1969 Top Loader)
ORIGINAL Carter X Fuel Pump
ORIGINAL Set of 4 Magnum 15 X 7 rims (these were not original to 69 Mach 1â€™s)
ORIGINAL Drive Shaft correct for Mach 1 SCJ applications (Restored)
ORIGINAL Rear Window Slats
ORIGINAL Rear Louver (correct for 1969 Boss 302 and Mach 1- the light weight plastic version)
ORIGINAL Rear Louver (correct for 1970 Mach 1 â€“ the heavier version)
ORIGINAL Alternator (restored, and unique for 1970 Mach 1)
Original Smog pump, brackets
Original NOS Smog tubes
ORIGINAL PCV Tube assy
ORIGINAL Transmission Cross Member
ORIGINAL Trap Door
ORIGINAL Driver Side Front Fender
ORIGINAL Power Steering Pump Pulley and Bracket
ORIGINAL NOS 428 Engine Oil Pickup Tube