1963 Ford Galaxie XL Z-Code Convertible California Barn Find in storage 46 years
- Make: Ford
- Model: Galaxie
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Galaxie XL
- Year: 1963
- Mileage: 1
- VIN: 3J69Z107655
- Color: Med Turquoise metallic "Ming Green"
- Engine size: Thunderbird 300 H.P Z-code 390 4V
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Turquoise vinyl
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1963 Ford Galaxie Galaxie XL1963 Ford Galaxie XLConvertible~Barn Find in storage in giant building for over 4 decades~One of a kind original un-restored Los Angeles built California survivor car~Original Rare option Z-code 390-300hp Thunderbird V8~Out of a 300 Car collection has been in storage for the last 46 years~California time capsule; you or I cannot duplicate this car~Gas receiptsfrom 46 years ago~They are only original once
When it comes to vintage automobiles, California and the West Coast of the United States have always been the most desirable the world over for many reasons; the mild climate and the fact that many automotive trends started in California. The automobile is the perfect technological symbol of American culture, a tangible expression of our quest to level space, time, and class and a reflection of our relentless mobility, social and otherwise. You see automobiles advertised the world over described as California cars because at some point they were in California or drove through California. A true California car is one that was sold new in California and titled in California, one that has the original plates that are on that title is a true California car.We are liquidating a collection of 300 actual California cars. This is a collection that took 70 years to comprise. Most have the original paint and original California licence plates issued to them when they were new
We have a once in a lifetime opportunity for a part of California history to purchase this very rare all original medium turquoise metallic 1963 Ford Galaxie- XL with the optional 300 horsepower "Z -Code" Thunderbird- 4V V8 that has been stored in a giant car barn in Oakland California for over 46 years. The original owner was a neighbor of the father of the present owner, the starter had gone out and he parked the car in his driveway when one day the Ford Galaxie enthusiastand owner of buildings of cars including several Galaxie convertibles of various years made the original owner an offer he could not refuse and purchased this classic.
In 1973 this 10 year old car was exactly what most people in American didn't want as fuel prices shot up from .39 cents a gallon to .79 cents a gallon most Americans panicked and lost interest in 300 horsepower 4 barrel V8's and started buying Datsun 510's and Toyota Corollas. This car with its bad starter was picked up and put into a giant building where it has been for 5 decades still in need of a new starter.
The body is very straight with a few minor dings and dents most of which are from storage. The original paint is fading and thin in sports but is the originalpaint it left the factory with 56 years ago. The original convertible top is still present however the rear plastic window has separatedyet still attached, it will need new canvas for sure.
This is a true time capsule from a simpler time the perfect blank canvas for your next project. It still 5 decades later still needs at least a starter
This is a true California car from birth built at Los Angeles Assembly over 56 years ago and sold new at "Morris Landy Ford" on the island of Alameda California .During the Vietnam War portion of the Cold War and its later post-Vietnam era, NAS -Alameda base was home port to the aircraft carriers Coral Sea,Enterprise and the CArol Vinson and today home to the air craft carrier Hornet. The small auto row in Alameda had a Ford, Chevrolet and Chrysler dealerships next door to each other catering to a target market of thousands of Navy personal that came through in the 50's, 60's and 70's and all of the dealerships focused on highly optioned performance cars.
This is a true California car built in California and has never left and speed up to 2019 where a flat tire was replaced, and this time capsule is rolled out of the building to see the first light of day in nearly have a century.
This 1963 Galaxie XL convertible has survived time in the dark and aged gracefully. The original paint has faded in spots however if you are looking to restore a survivor car it's always best to start with an original well optioned California car but few survive with this type of history. The body is very straight with no sign of rust anywhere on the car. It has a broken headlight and small dent where years ago it was backed into in the barn. The original convertible top has separated from its plastic rear window a few items have been pulled off over the years like the hub caps as the owner had a very extensive Ford Galaxie convertible collection.
This 1963 Galaxie XL convertible is the perfect blank canvas for your next project. The original XL interior is in very nice shape having been out of the California sun 5 decades it has a few splits in the seams the carpet has a few thin spots but she is a true time capsule that has been indoors for nearly 50 years.
DATA PLATE and VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION break down
VIN # 3J69Z107655
3= 1963 YEAR MODEL J= LOS ANGELES ASSEMBLY69=2-DOOR CONVERTIBLEZ= 300 H.P 390 4 BARREL THUNDERBIRD V8BODY 76B= 2-DOOR 500XL CONVERTIBLECOLOR D = MED TURQUOISE MET Sales name (MING GREEN)TRIM 87= Turquoise VinylDATE 30K=OCTOBER 30TH (EARLY PRODUCTION)DSO= DISTRICT SALES OFFICE #72 SAN JOSEAXLE #7= 3.80.1TRANSMISSION =CRUISE-O-MATIC
Stepping into the Galaxie XL is like stepping back into time. The colors and design of the interior from the seats to the dash just epitomizes 1960's in America. Starting with the original door panels. The original dash looks awesome all the polished gauges and trim pieces are clear and in good shape, there are no cracks in the dash.NO RESERVE THIS ITEM WILL SELL TO THE FINAL BIDDER!This listing includes almost 200 detailed photos and the vehicle has been described as descriptive as possible. If there is anything that is unclear or additional information is needed please don't hesitate to ask. Please ask any questions before bidding.Please only bid with the intention to own. Bidding then canceling for "entering the wrong amount" will get you blocked from further bidding. Thanks and Good Luck
*It has come to my ATTENTION, GOOGLE Chrome sometimes has the pictures get cutoff or has loading issues, there are 200 photos of exterior, interior, engine and underneath in the description. Please let me know if you have trouble viewing anything. If you are using Google Chrome please try to use another browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc) that seems to fix the inconsistent issue. I also have link to the photo album but due to ebay policy cannot include links in the ad please request and I can email the link to you.**ONLY BID WITH INTENTIONS TO PAY FOR AND OWN THIS CAR**
BUYER is responsible for shipping of the vehicle we don't quote ship prices but car refer you to shippers other customers have used in the past or you can check with Uship
This vehicle can be shipped just about anywhere in the world for less than you might think
TERMS OF SALE
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion or end the auction early if necessary
- Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
- Your bid constitutes a legally binding contact to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
- If you place a bid before the last 12 hour period of the auction, you may retract that bid before the last 12 hour period but only for exception circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 2 hour period of the auction.
- If you place a bid during the last 12 hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.
- INSPECTION: I have done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. I welcome a buyers inspections. If you plan to have a buyer's inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees, if any, are buyers responsibility.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representationsor warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- TITLE INFORMATION: If payment is made by cashier's or personal check we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility. I will make vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage.
- Licensed carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location. Any claimsor other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not with seller.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated time of arrive to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by email after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with seller through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicles or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bidon vehicle, successful bidder (buyer) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to seller a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500.00 via PayPal. Within 72 hours of bid closing, buyer must send balance of funds by bank wire transfer, cash in person, or bank certified funds to seller.