1955 Ford V8 Wagon California Barn Find Time Capsule stored over 30 years
Price: - Item location: Oakland, California, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Country Sedan Wagon
- Type: Station Wagon
- Year: 1955
- Mileage: 13611
- VIN: U5LX-152384
- Color: Regatta Blue/ Snowshoe White
- Engine size: 272 OHV V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual w Overdrive
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Trim =AX Light blue vinyl
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1955 Ford Country Sedan Wagon1955 Ford Country Sedan Wagon~Barn Find in storage in giant building for over 3 decades~Original Regatta Blue/Snowshoe White Patina~Optional 272 V8 and 3 speed manual with overdrive~Sold new Keller- Ford Martinez California 65 years ago East Bay native~One of a kind original un-restored Long Beach built California survivor car~Original matching Black and yellow California plates issued to this car in 1963~Out of a 300 Car collection has been in storage for the last 46 years~California time capsule; you or I cannot duplicate this car~They are only original once
NO RESERVE WILL SELL TO THE LAST BIDDER
When it comes to vintage automobiles, California and the West Coast of the United States have always been the most desirable the world over for many reasons; the mild climate and the fact that many automotive trends started in California. The automobile is the perfect technological symbol of American culture, a tangible expression of our quest to level space, time, and class and a reflection of our relentless mobility, social and otherwise. You see automobiles advertised the world over described as California cars because at some point they were in California or drove through California. A true California car is one that was sold new in California and titled in California, one that has the original plates that are on that title is a true California car.We are liquidating a collection of 300 actual California cars. This is a collection that took 70 years to comprise. Most have the original paint and original California licence plates issued to them when they were new
We are offering a once in a life time opportunity for a part of California history a 1955 Ford Country Sedan 6 passenger station wagon with the optional 272 V8 3 speed manual with Overdrive. This is a true California car from birth built at the Ford's Long Beach assembly on xxxx 1955. This car still has it's original Regatta Blue over Snow Shoe white paint it left Long Beach with 65 years ago and was sold at Keller Ford in the sleepy east bay town of Martinez originalhome of Joe DiMaggioand the birthplace of the "Martini".This wagon is a true survivor having spent the last 30 plus years stored in a giant building. She was a running and driving car when parked. We did a quick tune up with new plugs and spark plug wires, we got it running and moved it back and forth with direct fuel in the carburetor, it needs a fuel pump and possibly (not for sure) have the tank removed and cleaned. The original 272 runs good and with a little attention to the fuel system and brakes and new tires this car is a runner that has been sealedaway lost in in time for over 3 decades.
DATA PLATE and VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION break down
VIN # U5LX-152384
U= V8 272 ci OHV 2V carb (162 hp )5= 1955
L= Long Beach Assembly
Production Sequence = 152384 79D= Custom line Country Sedan 6 passenger
Color XE .... X= Regatta Blue E=Snowshoe White Trim AX Light blue vinyl and medium Blue woven plastic
Production Code 7E-3028ES
Cosmetically this Country Sedan is a true survivor that was put away in a giant building over 30 years ago. The car has the original Regatta Blue over Snow Shoe white paint it left the factory with 65 years ago. The body looks to have never been in a collision and is quite straight. It does have several spots where the paint is thin and faded with an original patina from 65 years in the Golden State. The car does have some spots where it has some rust from what looks like a lack of drainage where some water was trapped. The overall under-carriage actually has a lot less of this than on the body and the frame and floors are quite nice. This is a car that really has never been in an area where rust is an issue such as exposure to snow and salted roads. This is a California car from new and has most likely never seen snow or salt however as all 65 year old's especially ones that spend half of their life in a sedentary lifestyle.
This 1955 Ford Country Sedan is one of those finds with an originality that cannot be duplicated and would be the perfect starting point to bring back to it's former glory. Original California Survivors from the 1950's especiallyV8 Station wagons aredisappearing and are getting more and more difficult to find after 65 years especiallystation wagons who have been stored for half their life' and who's survival rate was less than other body styles.
The interior of this wagon is all original, the seats have 50's era seat covers and the original material underneath actually looks better than hat is covered, the original headliner and rubber floor mats as well as the upgraded Country Sedan tail gate and rear compartment floor material is still present as is the original headliner however is showing it's age. This car is a survivor that would be a fun project to bring back as very few of these have survived in original condition for over 65 years
NO RESERVE THIS ITEM WILL SELL TO THE FINAL BIDDER!This listing includes almost 200 detailed photos and the vehicle has been described as descriptive as possible. If there is anything that is unclear or additional information is needed please don't hesitate to ask. Please ask any questions before bidding.Please only bid with the intention to own. Bidding then canceling for "entering the wrong amount" will get you blocked from further bidding. Thanks and Good Luck
*It has come to my ATTENTION, GOOGLE Chrome sometimes has the pictures get cutoff or has loading issues, there are 200 photos of exterior, interior, engine and underneath in the description. Please let me know if you have trouble viewing anything. If you are using Google Chrome please try to use another browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc) that seems to fix the inconsistent issue. I also have link to the photo album but due to ebay policy cannot include links in the ad please request and I can email the link to you.**ONLY BID WITH INTENTIONS TO PAY FOR AND OWN THIS CAR**
BUYER is responsible for shipping of the vehicle we don't quote ship prices but can refer you to shippers other customers have used in the past or you can check with Uship
This vehicle can be shipped just about anywhere in the world for less than you might think
uShip for Auto Brokers - The Free Solution for Posting & Assigning Loads - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
Using the eBay App? Paste link into a browser window:
TERMS OF SALE
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion or end the auction early if necessary
- Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
- Your bid constitutes a legally binding contact to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
- If you place a bid before the last 12 hour period of the auction, you may retract that bid before the last 12 hour period but only for exception circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 2 hour period of the auction.
- If you place a bid during the last 12 hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.
- INSPECTION: I have done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. I welcome a buyers inspections. If you plan to have a buyer's inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees, if any, are buyers responsibility.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representationsor warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- TITLE INFORMATION: If payment is made by cashier's or personal check we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility. I will make vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage.
- Licensed carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location. Any claimsor other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not with seller.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated time of arrive to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by email after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with seller through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicles or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bidon vehicle, successful bidder (buyer) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to seller a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500.00 via PayPal. Within 72 hours of bid closing, buyer must send balance of funds by bank wire transfer, cash in person, or bank certified funds to seller.