1951 Ford Custom (flathead, shoebox coupe)
Price: - Item location: DeLand, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Other
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1951
- Mileage: 1686
- VIN: B1AT124810
- Color: Deep Iris ('95 Ford color)
- Engine size: Flathead V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: C4
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Deep Iris / Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1951 Ford Other
This 1951 Ford Custom two-door coupe is offered with significant engine, driveline and body upgrades. The owner was a retired master mechanic from Pratt & Whitney who rebuilt and cared for the car for over 25 years until he passed away before completing an update of the wiring. The car was running before the wiring upgradeproject but it is not running at this time. This car has a lot to offer those who have the ability to tackle a project. Updates to this car include:
- Body was removed from the car in the mid-90's and the frame was fully inspected and repainted (stored in a garage after the ground up restoration).
- Extensive body work with custom grill, shaved and peaked hood and trunk and re-chromed bumpers.
- Rebuilt flathead engine with Â¾ race camshaft, Edelbrock aluminum intake, Offenhauser heads, adjustable valves, Holley four-barrel carburetor.
- Electronics upgraded to 12 volt withMallory electronic distributor.
- Power steering and power disc brakes with dual reservoirs.
- Rebuilt C4 transmission, Flat-O-Matic transmission conversion.
- New 4 core radiator with integral transmission coolant.
- Converted gear shift from column to floor and a floor console.
- 9" Ford rear end with 3:50 gearing.
- Ball joint conversion on Jamco front end.
- Crager wheels and new Goodrich TA tires.
Terms of sale:
- The car will be sold AS IS with no warranties expressed or implied.
- Proof of ownership established via bill of sale and registration fromprevious owner.
- It is the buyer's responsibility to seek all necessary information prior to sale.
- The buyer will be responsible for shipping the car and the seller has no responsibility for damage or delays in transit.
- Payment must be in the form of a registered check.
- It is the buyer's responsibility to contact the seller within 24 hours after the sale.