1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Auto Convertible 61K Miles
Price: US $16,500.00 Item location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: LX
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 61513
- VIN: 1FACP44E4LF203566
- Color: Strawberry Red Clearcoat Metallic
- Engine size: 5.0L HO V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: Cassette Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Ford Mustang LXThis is a one-owner 1990 Ford Mustang LX Convertible with the 5.0L High Output V8 engine and 4 speed automatic transmission. My parents bought this car new in September 1990 from a local Ford dealer in St. Louis. This car has been garaged all of its life and was driven by my mom. You've heard the story about a car being driven by a little old lady to the grocery store and bingo.....well this is the car they were talking about.
The car is all original except for the headlights and exhaust. The headlights were replaced this year due to some slight yellowing. The exhaust was replaced with a Stainless Flowmaster cat-back exhaust system. At the time the exhaust was put on, the car also got new brakes, parking brakes and new rear shocks (all 4). The tires were new in 2016 and have less than 500 miles on them. The convertible top was replaced in the late 2000's. This car has never been smoked in. There are no funny smells, rips or stains.
The car has had very little mileage over the past 8 years but was started and driven for maintenance. The car was just inspected this fall at Sunset Ford in St. Louis. A new master cylinder was installed by them at that time.
The car runs and drives well, or at least as well as a fox-body Mustang ever could drive. Everything on the car works as new. It has never been raced, chipped, tuned or had anything other than stock parts. There is absolutely no rust nor has there ever been.
As for condition, the car is otherwise all original and in very good shape. There are no known nor suspected issues with the car. In full disclosure, please be aware of the following nit-picky items:
1. The steering wheel leather has some very light cracking from age. I'm being picky, but its there.
2. The original floor mat is worn on the driver side at the heel.
3. The white top has some very small dark spots visible when you look close
4. My mom bumped into a car in a parking lot and the driver's fender was re-sprayed in 2011. (That's when she stopped driving).
5. There are some usual minor scratches and a couple of very small shallow dimples from door dings in the bingo or grocery parking lot. Again, I'm being extremely picky.
I'm hoping this car finds a good home. It's had a very good life so far and should make someone a very nice hobby car. We have all records since new, including the original sales sheet and window sticker.
As for test drive, you are welcome to come and look at the car, but you will NOT be able to take it for a test drive. I will be happy to take a perspective buyer for a drive, but there is ZERO chance this car will be driven by someone else until it is paid in-full.
Payment and Storage: This car must be paid for in-full by cash, wire transfer or cashier's check. Funds will be verified at my US Bank branch before the vehicle will be released.
The vehicle must be removed within 30 days of auction close unless specifically agreed to in writing otherwise. Deposit is due within 48 hours of auction close. Balance of payment is due within 7 calendar days without exception. Failure to make the deposit and/or failure to pay within 7 calendar days will result in cancellation of the sale and forfeiture of any deposit.
Vehicle is being sold as-is, where-is in St. Louis County, Missouri. No warranty is expressed nor implied. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.