1989 Ford Taurus SHO - California Car - All Original -Comes with Boxes New Parts
Price: US $2,600.00 Item location: South Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Taurus
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SHO
- Year: 1989
- Mileage: 160000
- VIN: 1FABP54Y5KA149945
- Color: Black
- Engine size: Original Yamaha V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1989 Ford Taurus SHO1989 Ford Taurus Sho. I am the second owner. The first owner bought it new in 1989 in Florida and brought it to Southern California in 2008-09. I purchased in 2012 and used it as a daily driver for 2 years before moving back to New England. It was shipped cross country in the summer of 2015 and it has been stored under a car cover since only being turned on a few times a year to let it run for a bit. It has never been driven in New England, and has never been driven in the snow. Comes with a clean California Title, and has only been registered in Florida and California. According to the previous owner, only he and his father drove it, and he never put anything lower than 93 gas into it, a trend which I continued since I bought it. The engine manifold was signed by Ford Chief Designer Jack Telnack at a car show in the early 2000's (Taurus Designer, and part of the 64 Mustang Design Team). I stopped using the car as a daily driver and put the car on the back burner since moving back to New England a few years ago and since I just had a baby the car needs more time than I currently have to invest. I recently started purchasing all the parts (listed below) to get it back to it's old condition, all of which come with the car. It runs strong and drove fast but needs some TLC get back on the road. This Southern California Car shows typical signs of the desert heat. Plastic and rubber cracking but all the metal and bolts are pretty much rust free. It is truly mechanics dream to work on. Nuts and bolts come off like they were just put on. This would be a great 2019 winter project car, and summer cruiser.
The owner provided me with a lot of service records of the car's early life as well as 2 printed pictures of Ford Chief Designer Jack Telnack signing the engine manifold (Taurus Designer, and part of the 64 Mustang Design Team). These will be sold with the car.
Needs:- Front Bumper Mount. The exterior bumper is fine, but the inner part where it bolts to the car has cracked apart and needs to be replaced. (86-91 Taurus, Sable and Taurus Sho inner bumpers fit)- Tires.
- Windshield. (chipped)- Trunk Rubber.- Radio/CD Player (current one works but the screen is black)
Comes With:- Giovanna Rims- 4 Monroe Shock and Strut assembly (New in Box)
- 4 brake rotors (New in Box)
- New brake pads (New in Box)- New Ignition assembly (New in Box)- Spark Plug Wires (New in Box)- Air filter box and sensor
- Air filter (New in Box)- Oil Filter (New in Box)
- Battery replaced 2015 left disconnected when not in use.
- Brand new taillights 2014
- Shiftier connector was upgraded in 2013 from the fragile plastic piece to a sturdy metal aftermarket one.
Also comes with:
Photos of Ford Chief Designer Jack Telnak signing the engine manifold.
Maintenance records and receipts
Car is sold as is/where is. No warranty.