1960 F-100 CUSTOM CAB BIG BACK WINDOW CA BLACK PLATE PICKUP TRUCK 1957 1958 1959
- Make: Ford
- Model: F-100
- Type: Standard Cab Pickup
- Trim: TURN KEY HOT ROD CUSTOM CAB / BIG BACK WINDOW
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 90,000
- VIN: 0F10J0P10387
- Color: Black
- Engine size: BIG CADILLAC (472)
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: RED & WHITE
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 Ford F-100 TURN KEY HOT ROD CUSTOM CAB / BIG BACK WINDOWBUY IT NOW, OR WILL CONSIDER A CLOSE REASONABLE OFFER.
After sharing nearly 24 years with this truck, I have decided to offer it for sale. It is ready to enjoy as it sits at every cruise or show & shine you care to attend, or take to the next level as your taste dictates. I have shown, cruised, and used even used this pickup as a chase vehicle at the Eagle Field Drag Races. Even ran it down the 1/8 mile track a couple times. I am the 3rd owner of this F-100, and it spent most of its prior years in a barn on a vineyard in California's dry central Valley, and has remained within 25 miles ever since & had clocked under 90k miles. This is a fast, reliable, turn-key hot rod pickup with less than 2k miles on the completed build. Please read the details below, review the pictures & video (see links for larger hi-def photos & video) and email with any questions. I can answer any questions you may have, and will respond ASAP with addition photo requests. Clear CA title in my name, and truck is currently and continually registered (2019 tags) and insured through Hagerty. LOTS of details below:
BODY & INTERIOR:
- Professionally applied satin black paint (NOT BLACK PRIMER!). Removed old seam sealer at drip rails, applied new. Only rust repairs were lower end caps on bed & credit card sized patches on lower fenders.Bed interior is mini-tubbed with widened factory inner fenders & formed steel c-notch cover.
- That is a N.O.S. Fomoco tail gate. NOT a china reproduction. Zero repairs, it is perfect. There is a fitted aluminum bridge mounted to create a flat mount surface for a flush bed cover that I had envisioned but never built.
- All panels are original to truck, and free of rust. Cab & bed never removed, but all body & bed bolts/rubbers were replaced.
- Bed interior is mini-tubbed with widened factory inner fenders painted with textured black/grey spatter paint. It's NOT a "Line-X" type product, so it's easily changed to your taste. I always envisioned a raised wood-plank bed floor to cover the bump for the C-notch, and an upholstered flush bed cover & interior side panels. Never executed my final vision, too busy enjoying the truck. A small piece of the old trailer hitch mount still remains (visible under drivers side of bottom rear bead reveal). I forgot to remove it before pics. It will be removed before delivery.
- Original OEM front bumper chromed, and tucked 2" closer to body and lowered 1". Cowl vent chromed.
- Chrome grill wears original plating & anodizing (small ding on upper edge of grill bar, see pictures). N.O.S. hood badge.
- New windshield, new front/rear window seals, door seals installed during build. Wears chromed bullets on the windshield wiper mounts (original wiper arms included, and the original motor is operable). I never drive it in the rain.
- Full custom, period-style interior including seat upholstery (on original frame), custom carpet (removable transmission cover), door panels, kick panels, & matching insulated vinyl cover over OEM gas tank. Matching vinyl shifter boot, vinyl edge trimming, stainless hardware. Original headliner and sun visors have never been out of truck. Chromed rear view mirror, dash trim reveal, speaker grill.
- Speedometer works, but I recently removed troubled speedo cable. That needs to be replaced. OEM fuel sender replaced, and OEM gauge works. Column mounted S&W style tachometer. Gauge & tach lights work. Aux oil & temp gauges (volt not wired). Headlight dimmer switch removed from floor. Currently tucked under dash (functions)
- Original radio is present, but non-functional (light turns on). N.O.S. antenna base & gasket are mounted in original hole (mast removed, but included)
- 1-piece side glass installed during paint work (vent windows deleted)
- New lenses, interior/exterior door handles, locks, window cranks
- Ididit tilt column uses reproduction turn signal knobs to match original look.
- Color matched original 1958 Impala steering wheel (I have the chrome bands that trim to color separations, just not installed)
- Dash paint, and majority of jambs & window surrounds is original. retouched as needed to maintain overall presentation.
- Black 1963 California are registered to the truck. If the truck leaves California, I am keeping the plates.
- Chassis Engineering Mustang II style IFS crossmember, Heidts dropped spindles, tubular upper/lower control arms, manual rack & pinion (fresh poly mounts), 11" Granada rotors with GM "G-body" calipers.
- OEM rear leaf springs (axle mounted on top of springs) with Gabriel air shocks.
- CAD drawn custom C-notch & rectangular tube crossmember for upper shock mounts. Smooth ride.
- 1970 Cadillac 472" V8 (+.030", 9:1 compression ratio) rebuilt by Hanford Auto Supply
- Mildly ported #950 closed chamber cylinder heads (only year with no A.I.R. smog ports)
- Lots of premium Cad Company parts in build:
- "Gold Series" high volume, high pressure oil pump
- Hi-performance mechanical fuel pump
- 2.19" intake / 1.88" exhaust stainless valves, new guides, viton seals
- "Stage II" valve springs good for up to .600" valve lift
- "Stage III" billet full rail roller rockers (1.7:1 ratio) with custom length 3/8" pushrods
- 270Âº duration, .500" lift, 112Âº LSA custom grind cam shaft.
- Edelbrock Performer intake & 750 CFM carburetor (manual choke operated by OEM dash knob)
- Blueprinted GM HEI ignition, 50k volt coil, MSD wires.
- Sanderson ceramic-coated headers (#CAD600)
- 2 1/2" dual exhaust, 2 chamber Flowmaster mufflers, exhaust exits either side of license plate.
- Griffin "Exact Fit" Mega Cool aluminum radiator, 17" flex-a-lite mechanical fan & twin thermostatic controlled electric fans
- Uses original heater control, but the cables are old and frozen. It is set to defrost when the fan is turned on.
- Uses original gas tank behind seat (never been out). Sender & all rubber seals replaced. None of the typical fuel smell in cab
- 1970 Cadillac TH400 transmission rebuilt by Modesto Transmissions
- Modified valving for firmer shifts (NOT a "shift kit"), rebuilt OEM converter
- Shifted by Lokar floor shifter
- Drive shaft custom built & balanced by Driveline Specialties.
- 1977 Lincoln Versailles 9" rear end
- Rebuilt housing with new seals & bearings
- Rebuilt 3.25:1 center section with trak-loc posi (not a rocket ship, but 75-80 MPH all day!)
- Original Versailles mounting brackets and new lines, calipers, pads (yet to be installed)
- Adjustable lower shock mounts will allow for future ride height changes & wheel/tire changes as the next owner desires.
- Wheels & Tires:
- Specially ordered Wheel Vintiques "OE" style chromed steel wheels
- Zero offset 15"x8" front, 15"x10" rear, all tucked inside the wheel wells. 4 1/2" bolt pattern
- Bullet lug nuts & push-thru center caps from SoCal Speed Shop
- BFGoodrich Radials, 225/70-15 front & 285/70-15 rear
WALK AROUND VIDEO WITH START-UP CLICK HERE: https://youtu.be/OH0iOKIFcKE
Included in the full "BUY IT NOW" price (negotiable on offers) are the following extras:
- 1 extra wrap around rear glass, and 2 complete sets of front/rear window stainless
- 1 OEM in-bed spare tire mount
- Chrome (NEW) OEM style interior sun visor mounts
- Pair of red tail light lenses (used)
- Lower anodized aluminum grill. Similar condition to what is on truck
- 1 OEM full gauge housing (near show quality) including speedo, fuel, amp, temp, oil gauges.
- At least one NOS 1960 light switch.
- A full complement of manuals (NOT reprints), including the original Owners Manual, Shop Manual, Exploded Body Parts Manual, and assorted dealer brochures.
- Misc. box of numerous small parts.
$500 deposit due within 24 hours VIA PayPal. Remaining balance is due within 7 business days of purchase VIA bank wire transfer. International buyers are welcome with payment VIA bank wire transfer. If winning buyer fails to complete payment within these parameters, I reserve the right to re-list vehicle or sell to another buyer at my discretion unless other arrangements have been agreed upon prior to purchase. $500 deposit will be forfeited by buyer if full payment has not been received within 7 business days.
Car is available for pickup in Modesto, CA. I am happy to coordinate shipping in the continental U.S. using an enclosed carrier, providing door to door service. I can also provide delivery to a shipping port for international buyers. Please realize that ALL shipping costs are the responsibility of buyer, and in addition to listed purchase price, unless specifically negotiated and agreed upon prior to purchase. Please email me with any questions regarding specific shipping costs, and allow a couple business days for quote to come back from the carrier. I do not quote shipping using brokers. No exceptions. Vehicle can be stored for up to 30 days at no cost, after which a $100/month storage charge will be passed on to the buyer.