1966 mustang fastback, K Code, 4 spd, Disc Brakes, Rust Free, 1965, 1967, 1969
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 6
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Mustang
1966 Mustang K Code, 4 Speeds, Disc Brakes
Seller couldn't perform on transaction, so the car is for sale again. I purchased the car locally, with hopes of selling it with all my first gen, Mustang stuff. I will be selling the car as it sits. It does have an engine and transmission in it. The car hasn't run in 4 years, but ran when last parked.
This car is from the New Mexico desert.It is extremely clean. The orginal drive train is missing. It does not have the born with engine, transmission or rear end. It looks to have the drivetrain from an "A" code mustang. 289 4v engine. I will describe the car best I can:
- Interior looks to be complete.The seat material is deteriorated, but over all everything is there.
- No Rust on the Floors are in excellent shape
- No Rust Frame rails need nothing.They look to be in excellent shape going all the way back.
- No Rust Quarter drop downs are in great shape
- No Rust around the windows
- No Rust on the dash cowl
- No Rust on the core support
- No Rust on the engine bay
- Painted once, I can see dent repairs.
- No rust on the firewall or toe boards
- No Rust on the door jambs
- There is chrome in the trunk for the windshield and back glass.
- The car has been repainted. It does have some filler in it here and there. I do not see any frame damage or panel replacement. The drivers side has had body work done on a dent.
- The wording "no rust" means it isn't severe or needs replacing. There might be surface rust. All statements are backed up with pictures. Ask questions if you don't know.
- Original Engine is missing, currently has a 289 4v. I am not going to start it, I was told it ran several years ago.
- Original Transmission is missing; it has an automatic in it now.Originally came with a 4 speed.I can feel a hole under the carpet.
- Original rear end missing.It has an 8" in it now.
- Disc Brakes are on the front end
- Prior Owner told me that there was a practice of stripping these cars in the day for Shelby's and that was most likely what happened to the running gear. The body of this car is in real nice shape and I cannot see any other reason to remove the drivetrain.
- I a clean title in my name.
- Title is a regular title, no defects on the title and no liens.
The mustang will have to be loaded at pick up.The car rolls and will load easily.If you have to drive in to pick up the car. I will assist you to load as needed. If you are shipping, I will help with that too.I am totally capable of helping. I work on this stuff and not a flipper living in an apartment.
The car is the right car to build.The K Code is like the RS/SS, DZ X33 Camaro. It just doesn't get much better than this.Do not bid to look. There will be a lot of interest on this car.
Again, The mustang doesn't need any panel replacement.I do have clean title in hand.
I require a $200 Deposit with pay pal for the winning bidder. The depositis non refundable. I reserve the right to end the auction early.
Car is sold "as is" no warranties
Bid with confidence.
Tim in MN
Central Time Zone
PS Contact me first if you are from over seas and want to bid.