1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL Convertible - Caspian Blue
Price: US $19,000.00 Item location: Santa Ana, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Galaxie
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: XL
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 54,711
- VIN: 4E65X205928
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 352
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Ford Galaxie XLPartially restored 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible. Hagarty's would classify this vehicle between Good and Fair condition putting the Hagarty Value between $32,400-$19,900 (https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1964-Ford-Galaxie_500-XL?id=119777)
Beautiful Caspian Blue with some metallic in the paint for a beautiful, head turning color. White vinyl top is in excellent condition (plastic window). Engine runs strong and smooth. Transmission shifts so smooth you won't even feel it. Just spent over $8,000 with my mechanic on upgrades and tuning up the mechanicals up so it fires up strong and runs even stronger. It's a great cruiser that'll turn heads and get compliments everywhere you go.
We just got back from a weekend road trip to Laguna Beach and put about 150 miles on it without issue. No better way to cruise PCH in California!
Belows a description of the cosmetic and mechanical condition/upgrades
- 352 ci 8 cylinder engine
- All drum brake cylinders and rubber lines redone last month. Stops great.
- 2 Barrel carb just cleaned out and recently rebuilt
- Power steering cylinder replaced
- New fuel tank
- Fixed slow drip leaks under car. Won't leave any mess on your driveway!
- Large polished aluminum radiator
- Timing tuned up
- New battery
- Full exhaust rebuild with aftermarket headers and full custom exhaust with dual chrome tips under rear bumper
- Full suspension rebuild with new bushings, control arms, shocks. Suspension is dialed in.
- All new tires with less than 100 miles on them
- Galaxy spinner wire chrome hubcaps in excellent condition
- Brand new power top motor and replaced cylinder
- New fuel pump & filter
- Installed an aftermarket radio with bluetooth and AUX in capabilities (I still have the original radio, which doesn't work)
- New windshield
- Airline style chrome seatbelts
- Chrome is in great shape in a few places like the front bumper (no pits) and decent in most others (has some pitting, see pics)
- Vinyl is in great condition except for a couple small tears about 1" (1 on the driver seat and 1 behind it. See pics)
- Paint is great but not a show winner, I'd say 7.5 or 8 out of 10. There's a scuff chip on the passenger side lower door jamb area (see picture)
- Missing the visors
Honestly the drive of this car is one of it's best features after the suspension and engine work we did to dial it in. The ride feel is excellent.
The car is a beautiful convertible that you'll love driving with the top down getting compliments everywhere you go. They don't make them like this anymore. If you want to have some real fun and enjoyment driving again, come buy this car!!
Let me know if you have any questions and Good luck!!