PRICE REDUCED! 1966 Ford Thunderbird T-Bird Town Hardtop...30K Invested!
Price: - Item location: Papillion, Nebraska, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Thunderbird
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Town Hardtop
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 99,350
- VIN: 6Y87Z154843
- Color: Blue with White Top
- Engine size: 390ci
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Ford Thunderbird Town HardtopFor sale is a beautiful 1966 Ford Thunderbird that has been totally restored.
The following items have been repaired or replaced by the Seller since April 2004, when I purchased this car (I have paperwork documenting every step of my entire restoration process, which will be provided to the buyer):
- Front/rear suspension rebuild.
- C6 Transmission rebuild, to include new transmission lines.
- Carburetor rebuild (three times).
- Disk brake rebuild, to include new brake lines.
- Power steering linkage rebuild.
- Total interior rebuild (floorboard repair, new carpets/padding, new seat covers & foam padding). In the process, added some period-correct rare options like power seats, a reclining passenger seat, and power trunk release. Those didn't originally come on this particular car as an option, but they were an available option for that year. Also replaced and painted both door panels with some used ones in good shape.
- Repaint of exterior. NOTE: Car was originally a "Town Landau" (white vinyl top with a Landau 'S' on the side pillars). When I rebuilt this car, I decided to go with the "Town Hardtop" option (also available on the '66 T-Bird), which was the painted roof with a Thunderbird emblem in place of the Landau "S". I kept the body the original color (Sapphire Blue Metallic), but roof and side pillars are now painted Wimbledon White. I replaced both the outer & inner front fenders prior to painting. Also installed new weather-stripping throughout the car.
-- Regarding the paint: the person who originally painted the car several years ago performed a wet sandpaper buffing & polishing of the car last July. It looks great, and even better than it was! That said, there are a few minor small chips, which I have touched up. A 'rattle can' of the correct paint color will be provided with the car as part of the sale.
- Installed new rear window.
- Replaced driver's side view mirror and new mechanics, and added passenger side view mirror; the latter was an option on this car.
- Replaced rear fender skirts with stainless steel trim around the rear fenders. Also replaced the original hubcaps with a set of optional, period-correct '66 T-Bird hubcaps. NOTE: I sold the fender skirts, so they will not be included with the purchase of this car.
- Replaced gas tank, fuel pump, and associated lines in-between.
- Replaced heater core and all vacuum lines.
- Replaced / repaired all A/C components.
- Re-wired & replaced numerous electrical components. For example, the sequential, rear turn signals work perfectly.
- Detailed the entire engine compartment.
- Detailed the trunk, to include new trunk liner. In the process, added an optional trunk release/open mechanism, which was period-correct on the '66 T-Bird. The release mechanism switch is correctly installed in the glove box in the center console.
- Bead-blasted all the wheels and repainted them semi-gloss black. Then mounted new, period-correct tires on the wheels.
- Installed a new, period-correct exhaust system.
- Replaced / repaired power window system (gears, pulleys, motors). Both vent windows and main door windows work as advertised.
- Replaced the clock with aftermarket quartz system. It looks the same, but this one works!
- As a bonus, this beautiful car comes with Ford's original factory build sheet, and a copy of the window sticker (form Marti Auto Works). She also comes with a repro owner's manual, original shop manual, repro assembly manuals, and a copy of the original factory specs and rules for concours judging.
Everything on this car is functional! Cold AC, other power items function as advertised. The original 390ci engine has approximately 99,350 miles, and still runs strong. The odometer had not rolled over...I have contacted the previous owners to confirm this.
This car is absolutely beautiful, and I have received numerous compliments at every car show she has ever been entered in.
Asking $18,000.00 or best realistic offer, as I have already invested $30,000.00 into this gem's restoration. My loss - your gain!
NOTE: I WILL ONLY ACCEPT A BANK-TO-BANK WIRE TRANSFER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THIS VEHICLE - NO EXCEPTIONS! NO PAYPAL, NO CASHIER'S CHECKS. Therefore, disregard any eBay boilerplate that contradicts the above info.
- I will provide my bank's routing number and account number to the buyer - AFTER the purchase - to complete this transaction. Car can be purchased locally, or I can ship it to the buyer at the buyer's expense - AFTER I have received payment from the buyer.
- Once the buyer has purchased this car using the "Buy it Now" function, or a counter-offer has been agreed to by the seller, the buyer is immediately required to deposit $1,000.00 using the above wire transfer method.The remaining purchase price is due within 7 days of the sale. No returns.
- The buyer is responsible for vehicle pickup or shipping! I will help in the shipping process in any way possible, but it will be up to the BUYER to arrange, and pay for, their own shipping. Shipping is separate from the sale, and is the buyer's responsibility! No returns.
- Please note that this car will ONLY be shipped to a location in the Continental United States (CONUS)...no shipping to Canada, the UK, or Australia (sorry, mates).
Thanks for looking, and good luck bidding!