1965 Ford Mustang Fastback V8 w/ Aluminum Heads, Disc Brakes
Price: - Item location: Sherman, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Fastback
- Trim: Fastback
- Year: 1965
- Mileage: 18,336
- VIN: 5T09T168634
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 289 V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: C4 Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1965 Ford Mustang FastbackUp for sale is a clean, strong running 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback.
- The paint is nice driver quality with some imperfections here and there. There was a wing previously attached to the deck lid so there are holes where it once was.
- The original frame rails are really nice and have not been hacked up. The original floor pans are in decent shape overall and there is a small amount of rust in the front floor pans with sheet metal placed over the top from the inside. The carpet covers it and you can only see the holes from under the car. I have several undercarriage photos for anyone seriously interested.
- The 15" chrome styled wheels are brand new and have a set of brand new BFGoodrich T/A radials on them. They are 225/60/15's up front and 235/60/15's out back.
- The front bumper is new and the rear bumper is in decent shape.
- The trim all looks to be in decent shape as well.
- The glass is in good shape overall and has a few scuffs on the windshield and passenger window. The rear window is in good shape with just a couple very light scratches as well. Both windows roll up and down easily.
- The interior is in very good shape overall.
- The seat covers are nice and only has one very tiny tear in the driver front seat bottom. The passenger seat cover and rear seat covers are in good shape.
- The carpet is nice, the dash pad looks new, the door panels are in good shape, and the headliner is nice.
- All of the head lights, tail lights, brake lights and turn signals work.
- The heater and the windshield wiperswork as well.
- The speedometer, fuel gauge and all of the aftermarket gauges mounted below the dash also work like they are supposed to.
- The original AM radio is present but does not work.
- The engine is a strong running 289 with aftermarket aluminum heads, a bigger camshaft that gives the car a nice lope at idle, an Edelbrock Performer 289 aluminum intake with Holley 4 barrel carburetor, aluminum fabricated valve covers, MSD Billet distributor, MSD Blaster coil, MSD spark plug wires, long tube headers running through brand new dual exhaust and turbo mufflers give the car a great sound. There is a new Champion aluminum radiator to keep the car cool as well.
- The transmission is a good shifting C4 3 speed automatic.
- The rear end is an 8" Ford with 3.00 rear gears that make for a comfortable cruiser.
- The front end has been upgraded to aftermarket disc brakes recently and has new bushings installed in the front strut rods and sway bar. The rear still has drum brakes.
- The master cylinder has been upgraded to a new dual reservoir unit for better proportioned braking. Even with the manual brakes, the addition of the front disc brakes makes stopping the car much easier.
- The manual steering feels tight and easy to maneuver the car around, even at low speeds like pulling into a parking spot. The car is very easy to drive overall.