1988 Foxbody Mustang GT convertible Low miles!
Price: - Item location: O'Fallon, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 78,589
- VIN: 1FABP45E1JF262680
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 5.0
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Ford Mustang GTUp for sale is my 1988 Ford Mustang GT. It has a 5.0 liter v8 in it with an automatic transmission. It only has 78,589 miles on it and the interior looks fantastic! It does have a few issues, hence why I am asking such a low price for it. it is painted candy green. I bought a year or so ago to fix it up and daily drive it. It has a lot of potential, but I really dont have the time at all to mess with it. Would make a great car with a tiny amount of work done to it. I have a clean clear title in hand.
- Low miles only 78.5 thousand
- Interior is in great shape
- Seats look like new
- engine bay looks nice (painted to match car)
- Have brand new springs for it (not installed)
- new adjustable camber plates for it (not installed)
- new battery tray
- new cowl vent grille and wiper arms
- Flowmaster exhaust system
- have an extra intake for it
- has an aftermarket Alpine stereo head unit in it w/ a remote and cd player and xm ready, but I have the factory one as well
- Fiberglass aftermarket cowl hood.
- BBK Cold air intake system
- Few extra parts
- New headlight switch
- the heads have had both intake and exhaust ports matched for better flow
- new aluminum radiator
- Needs a new top soon.
- Needs new tires badly, the current ones are dry rotted pretty bad.
- previous owner lowered the car too far so the wheel rubs if you turn too far and the alignment is out so if the steering was centered it probably would not rub. (I have brand new stock height springs to put on it, but i have not installed them yet)
- Needs an alignment
- has a dent in the driver's side fender (apparently the previous owner's dad put his knee in it because the door was rubbing) why idk...
- some body panels need refitting. previous owner took some of it apart to paint it and didnt fit everything perfectly. the doors are hard to close due to this and the drivers side window doesnt fit properly due to it, so I have to cover it to keep the rain out.
- The previous owner removed the spoiler and put a luggage rack on it.
- small transmission leak. (had to add a quart after about a year)
- minor paint imperfections
- Door lock rods aren't attached from when he painted the car
The AC was intentionally deleted with an AC delete kit installed by the previous owner. Car is set up for AC but it was removed to clean up the engine compartment. With a convertible, who needs AC!
I have the trim piece for the driver's door, but it is not on there at the moment. Its can easily be stuck back on with some double sided tape though. I have the fog lamps as well, they just aren't installed.
I wouldnt drive it far with the tires being as dry rotted as they are, so I recommend having it towed or bring a car trailer, but drive it at your own risk.
It needs some attention. Most of the things are not major things, so you could drive it while you fix it up. its mostly just fitment issues. I just dont have the time to put into it. Would make a great car for someone, especially with the low miles on it. I bought it and probably put less than 10 miles on it because it needed tires and the alignment problems. I am too busy with college and stuff to put the time into this. I am asking 3000 for it, which is a steal with the potential this thing has. I will add more pictures, with better lighting when I can.
Contact me for bank to bank wire transfer if you are not meeting in person. Shipping is the buyer's responsibility.